GetBMWParts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics

03-04-2023, 11:01 AM   #1
virtualrc
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW M4

Audible and Podcasts for iPhone - Playback issues via Bluetooth

Does anyone else have strange playback issues with Audible or other sources via bluetooth like the Apple Podcasts app? Examples of this include:

Skipping and stuttering between chapters in Audible - When one chapter ends and it goes to the next stops and replays multiple times from the first couple seconds of the new chapter but eventually plays normal

Unable to skip back 15/30 seconds in Audible - Stops playback like its' going to rewind but just comes back to original spot

Having to press play at least two times in Podcasts to make it "stick" - Starts playing then stops, then I have to press play again

Car is a 2016 M4 - non-CarPlay iDrive.
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2023, 10:41 PM   #2
M4Morris
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2016 M4

Yes I have the same problem in my 2016 M4. The Audible iOS app is basically unusable for me. Whenever a new chapter starts it will skip the first 1-2 seconds of the chapter over and over constantly. 2-3 minutes of hitting the mute button and yelling at my windshield usually fix it. Stated happening like 2 years ago and has gotten progressively worse. I’ve tried reinstalling the audible app, rebooting iDrive, turning off Bluetooth all with no improvement.

Sorry you’re having the same problem but I’m glad it’s not just me.
Appreciate 0