BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > Classifieds > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum

Closed Thread

10-19-2022, 09:00 AM   #23
Rtwrx4711
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2021 M550i

Just a little update how messed up those guys are. So sent those crappy badges back. A week later I’m getting an email saying “we received your return. Please use this code for your next purchase”. I already have my money back from the chargeback I filed. The fact that after all my email conversations with them they still think they can keep my money just blows my mind!!
Appreciate 1
      10-19-2022, 11:34 AM   #24
Marioec
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M3 ZCP

I order once and they cancel my order after three weeks.
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2022, 08:50 AM   #25
DiskoSleaZe
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2007 E90 335i 2013 F10 M5

Just chiming in here just because these guys are terrible. I ordered a grill for my M5...just a everyday grill, nothing custom or anything. And it's been 2 weeks. I emailed them 2 times before a response came back saying that it takes them 2 weeks to process an order. Wtf? Then I requested to just cancel my order, and I get a screenshot of their return policy and some BS about custom orders take longer due to manufacturing. Dude, it's a stock style grill that every one the internet sells! Nothing custom at all. Gimme a friggen break! I'm requesting a charge back with my bank now. Sweet drop shipper! Lol I highly suggest people stay away from this shit company. I'm more disappointed than anything. Just trying to find a decent company that's up front and honest with aftermarket parts.

Not to mention, I live in LA...shipping shouldn't take that long from San Jose!

Last edited by DiskoSleaZe; 10-22-2022 at 09:37 AM..
Appreciate 1
Hxngs176.00
      10-26-2022, 12:42 PM   #26
Rtwrx4711
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2021 M550i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer.Plug View Post
Hey everyone, this is Kevin, the owner of Bimmer Plug.

I am very disappointed to say the least, to see all of these negative comments, in not being able to satisfy most of you all as a customer who trusted our brand to provide the best parts.

A brief explanation: Our customer satisfaction team that you all most likely interacted with are aligned with the same North Star that we all strive for; which is, to our best ability, be able to help you out in regards to your build, while protecting the foundational aspects of our company. What we mean by protecting our foundation aspects, that is sometimes for example, a customer would not measure an exhaust tip length, and ordered an incorrect size, requests to refund and send the product back. In this example case, we cannot accept & honor the return because ALL exhaust tip orders are custom made to order, as it is specific to the color, length, and inlet diameter. Unfortunately, sometimes, this situation happens more often than we'd like, and upsets the example customer.

Don't get us wrong, exchanges are definitely applicable in different situations. For example you order the wrong emblem size. We will honor the return and exchange, up to 14 days after delivery, if you wanted to change the style of roundel. The difference is we have all of our roundel emblems in stock at all moments, so we can easily provide and honor the exchange and return, when necessary.

We hope you can understand that confirming your fitment beforehand is very valuable in regards to saving both parties the time from solving that situation. Our team is trained to be able to help you with the fitment of the product that you're interested in, provided your car photos, VIN, year & make when necessary. We encourage you to contact us beforehand to confirm fitment, before placing an order!

With that said, ignoring the policy, if YOU are unsatisfied with your order, we would like to contact you with a solution or refund. Please contact us directly either via PM here, contact us page on our website, email, phone number +1(408)‪ 337-2798‬ Monday - Friday, 9 am - 6 pm PST, or Instagram @bimmer.plug, mention that you are reaching out from BimmerPost and with your order #, and we are more than happy to make this situation right with you.

I would go through all of the messages in this thread, but some of them I recognize your name and we have already helped you out in regards to your order!

I have informed the entire team in regards to this thread, to cater to your situation accordingly now, and moving forward. We hope to hear from all of you soon.

Although this thread is filled with negative comments, I want to take a moment to thank ALL of our current, past, and future supporters and customers who have ordered and showed love to us! We appreciate all of the positive feedback as well as the negative, as it leads us in the right direction to be the best brand for your BMW carbon fiber parts. It also shows us the areas in our business that require increase focus and improvement.

As a disclaimer and for future reference, all product on our website are our own, and we are not associated with any OEM manufacturers.
You are completely ignoring the facts here. I did NOT order the wrong emblems!! You send emblems that look like a 5 year old drew them with crayons. This is the most lousy print job I’ve ever seen and yet you completely refused to return my money! No company on the planet refuses to return money if the parts are such an unacceptable quality! It’s not that the parts didn’t fit, or were ordered wrong or broke in transport. Those thing’s quality is absolutely unacceptable and yet to refuse to return my money and offer a store credit even though you know I will never by from you again. May I remind you that you lost the chargeback case!

As for your return policy, what you are doing is absolutely ludicrous. You do not reply for days and knowingly not responding thus riding out your insane cancellation window.
Appreciate 4
      11-23-2022, 07:14 PM   #27
FTypeGone7
UzER
Rep
Drives: BMW 4 Series

I got those same pedals... big mistake. They're all scratched up with torque marks on the screws. And they sent me CF kidney grills when I wanted gloss black. There's nothing CF on my car, so now I'm stuck with these janky unusable products.
Appreciate 1
      11-25-2022, 03:11 PM   #28
FTypeGone7
UzER
Rep
Drives: BMW 4 Series

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer.Plug View Post
Hey FTypeGone7,

In regards to the pedals, there is a protective sleeve on the pedals that we sell. Did you remove that part yet ?

Please contact us directly as we take these customer situations and matters seriously, especially in the rare case that you received the wrong item. We have not heard from you yet!

Looking forward to hearing from you, and making it right.

Kevin, owner of Bimmer Plug
1. There were no protective sleeves on the pedals, they were already removed. They were placed loosely in a plastic bag.

2. I've already lost massive amounts of time and $300. Can't forfeit anymore time to your business. Like most of the people on this thread, I took a fat Loss buying from your site.
Appreciate 1
      12-06-2022, 05:08 PM   #29
akakrill
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW F80 M3 CS

Garage List
2018 BMW M3cs  [0.00]
Thank you for posting these experiences. I almost bought F80 tail lights after I read the descriptions on their site, they seemed great compared to other oled replicas with know problem such as poor fit and dim turn signals during daytime use. However having a manufacturing background I know that manufacturing facilities dont make 2 lines of the exact same product. However the same product may go into 2 different boxes.

Bimmerplug is a distributor and retailer not a manufacturer. They may claim to have a brand but are not making thier own products. They may add inspection but that is unlikely they 100% inspect and function check all stocked part numbers. I will say my submitted questions before buying were answered within 24 hours. I also will state they were honest in admitting that the lights i may recieve if purchased would come in a vland box but were there own product.

I want to believe them, I want the lights, their description seems like an improvement over the vland $400 set. However for $700 and knowing vland manufactured them, how likely is it vland uses aftermarket housings in one manufacturing run and changes to OEM BMW housings in another run. Why would Bimmerplug product of thier very own come in a vland package? Just seems unlikely, doesnt add up, and after seeing this post the risk is too much for me to fall for a potential dissatisfaction and lost money trap.

This only leaves 9k GTS lights or Kies Motorsport replicas as options. Evidence is pointing to Bimmerplugs = vland. Im waiting on a response from Bimmer plug to explain how they collaborated with vland to get there lights manufactured and explain how the 2 models made from the same manufacturer are uniquely different and what increases the price $300 additional above the vland price.

Anybody have a bimmer plug set? Has anyone seen a vland and bimmerplug set side by side and have any photos or testimonials? Maybe my logic here isnt sound and i can be proven wrong. What does the community think?

Guess Ill be sticking with my USA F80 red turn signal cs shadowlines
Appreciate 1
      12-10-2022, 12:47 PM   #30
2sporty
First Lieutenant
Germany
Rep
Drives: bmw

Quote:
Originally Posted by akakrill View Post
Thank you for posting these experiences. I almost bought F80 tail lights after I read the descriptions on their site, they seemed great compared to other oled replicas with know problem such as poor fit and dim turn signals during daytime use. However having a manufacturing background I know that manufacturing facilities dont make 2 lines of the exact same product. However the same product may go into 2 different boxes.

Bimmerplug is a distributor and retailer not a manufacturer. They may claim to have a brand but are not making thier own products. They may add inspection but that is unlikely they 100% inspect and function check all stocked part numbers. I will say my submitted questions before buying were answered within 24 hours. I also will state they were honest in admitting that the lights i may recieve if purchased would come in a vland box but were there own product.

I want to believe them, I want the lights, their description seems like an improvement over the vland $400 set. However for $700 and knowing vland manufactured them, how likely is it vland uses aftermarket housings in one manufacturing run and changes to OEM BMW housings in another run. Why would Bimmerplug product of thier very own come in a vland package? Just seems unlikely, doesnt add up, and after seeing this post the risk is too much for me to fall for a potential dissatisfaction and lost money trap.

This only leaves 9k GTS lights or Kies Motorsport replicas as options. Evidence is pointing to Bimmerplugs = vland. Im waiting on a response from Bimmer plug to explain how they collaborated with vland to get there lights manufactured and explain how the 2 models made from the same manufacturer are uniquely different and what increases the price $300 additional above the vland price.

Anybody have a bimmer plug set? Has anyone seen a vland and bimmerplug set side by side and have any photos or testimonials? Maybe my logic here isnt sound and i can be proven wrong. What does the community think?

Guess Ill be sticking with my USA F80 red turn signal cs shadowlines
It doesn't matter if it's vland or not, my friend. As mentioned earlier, everything is from Aliexpress. If you want Aliexpress parts, go to Aliexpress yourself and buy them for much cheaper. Sometimes they fit okay, sometimes they don't. Sometimes they don't turn yellow after being in the sun for a few months, sometimes, they last long. This is not like Kies motorsports where they work directly with manufacturers to make some parts and have an entire team dedicated to this business. I have met the owner in person, and it is literally a kid in his 20s running the whole thing from his bedroom. I find it funny that he states "I'll have customer support contact you" when you can imagine it's just him putting on a stick-on moustache to talk to you.
Appreciate 3
      12-20-2022, 08:57 PM   #31
bimmer_unplug
Registered
Rep
Drives: Some BMW

Hey everyone,

I joined this forum to also share my experience so that unsuspecting consumers like us don't get fooled into buying anything from this place. As some have stated, this so called "company" is nothing more than a drop ship operation with a dude operating this online business from his house in CA. Nothing wrong with that specifically but IMO this company is misrepresenting a lot of their products by labeling them "BMW" or "M Performance". As you may guess, a lot of us think we are buying legit BMW products but it's all about as fake as the owner's customer service and his replies on this post. Acts like he cares but all he really cares about is taking your money and not making it right by giving people all of their money back. A 25% restocking fee is a joke but it starts to make sense once you understand the dude is running this shit business out of his home with no actual warehouse. Hence the high restocking fee because he's essentially stuck with the parts you want to return.

As a side note, if you're cool with buying cheaper aftermarket or fake BMW parts then go for it. If you want to save some real money on these types of parts purchases then do yourself a favor and buy from AliExpress or similar. Also, just know making it right means sending you a replacement you no longer want or you getting 75% of your money back if you return.

Lesson learned on my end and I hope people take all the experiences posted seriously. I plan on doing something about it because I can't stand people or businesses that operate without any ethics.
Appreciate 1
Kilabyte3942.00
      12-20-2022, 09:09 PM   #32
DiskoSleaZe
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2007 E90 335i 2013 F10 M5

Like I said earlier, I tried to order a grill and dude tried to say it was a 3 week lead time for them to "manufacture" it...like, you for real? You have a ABS plastic injection molding machine at your "facility" ?

I was born at night, but not last night lol.
Appreciate 1
      12-20-2022, 09:24 PM   #33
bimmer_unplug
Registered
Rep
Drives: Some BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiskoSleaZe View Post
Like I said earlier, I tried to order a grill and dude tried to say it was a 3 week lead time for them to "manufacture" it...like, you for real? You have a ABS plastic injection molding machine at your "facility" ?

I was born at night, but not last night lol.
Yup and if you change or changed your mind about not wanting a part that is going to take 3 weeks to get "made" by his company, then you can't even cancel unless you want to pay that restocking fee, lol. It's more like it's gonna take 3 weeks to get shipped from China directly to your home, haha.
Appreciate 1
      01-19-2023, 12:23 AM   #34
ucrhamann330ci
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M3 CS SMB

I am dealing with them with some issues with my M Performance Stainless Steel Pedals that I purchased from them. They sent me a return label and will let you guys know how it goes. They offered me store credit so let’s see how this goes.
Appreciate 1
      01-19-2023, 01:25 AM   #35
Hxngs
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Garage List
2018 BMW 340i  [0.00]
2016 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ucrhamann330ci View Post
I am dealing with them with some issues with my M Performance Stainless Steel Pedals that I purchased from them. They sent me a return label and will let you guys know how it goes. They offered me store credit so let’s see how this goes.
The pedals fuckkng suck. My biggest regret of a purchase
Appreciate 1
      01-31-2023, 06:37 PM   #36
ucrhamann330ci
Enlisted Member
Rep

Yes, i am still dealing with my refund or credit with them. They gave me a credit code and it doesnt even work when i checked-out. Still have not heard back from them, i might have to call my credit card compnay on this.
Appreciate 1
      02-01-2023, 06:08 PM   #37
ucrhamann330ci
Enlisted Member
Rep

Nothing yet. I will Have to do a chargeback since I have not heard back from them. I wish my experience was better.
Appreciate 1
      02-08-2023, 10:09 AM   #38
G35POPPEDMYCHERRY
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sporty View Post
It doesn't matter if it's vland or not, my friend. As mentioned earlier, everything is from Aliexpress. If you want Aliexpress parts, go to Aliexpress yourself and buy them for much cheaper. Sometimes they fit okay, sometimes they don't. Sometimes they don't turn yellow after being in the sun for a few months, sometimes, they last long. This is not like Kies motorsports where they work directly with manufacturers to make some parts and have an entire team dedicated to this business. I have met the owner in person, and it is literally a kid in his 20s running the whole thing from his bedroom. I find it funny that he states "I'll have customer support contact you" when you can imagine it's just him putting on a stick-on moustache to talk to you.
lmfao bro you drinking kies motorsports kool-aid....they buying str8 from china and doing the same thing as bimmerplug, they also do repairs *mechanics) so more knowledgeable and probably looser on returns as they have other forms on business.

yall need to critcally think....everything is made in china and cheaply. so there is only a handfull of factories that makes all the tvs, fridges, speakers, car lights, in their own categories for different suppliers, to keep costs low.
Appreciate 1
      02-08-2023, 10:10 AM   #39
G35POPPEDMYCHERRY
Banned
No_Country
Rep

bimmerplug should be banned for sure
Appreciate 1
      02-22-2023, 07:28 PM   #40
the_dehj
Rep
Drives: BMW M4, BMW 3359

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hxngs View Post
The pedals fuckkng suck. My biggest regret of a purchase
I wish I had found this earlier. I'm currently trying to do a return. We'll see how this goes...
Appreciate 1
      03-08-2023, 08:19 AM   #41
baustinvu
United_States
Rep
Drives: bmw m4

Bimmer plug is literally the worst company I’ve ever dealt with. No need to say much more, just don’t by anything from them EVER! Fair warning
Appreciate 1
      03-10-2023, 08:23 PM   #42
2sporty
First Lieutenant
Germany
Rep
Drives: bmw

Quote:
Originally Posted by G35POPPEDMYCHERRY View Post
lmfao bro you drinking kies motorsports kool-aid....they buying str8 from china and doing the same thing as bimmerplug, they also do repairs *mechanics) so more knowledgeable and probably looser on returns as they have other forms on business.

yall need to critcally think....everything is made in china and cheaply. so there is only a handfull of factories that makes all the tvs, fridges, speakers, car lights, in their own categories for different suppliers, to keep costs low.
You are obviously right that Kies sources a lot of parts from China, but not everything made in China is cheap and low quality, in fact, China has become the go to source in high precision, high quality manufacturing for many things these days, of course with the iPhone as a prime example. There is a difference between what Kies and Bimmerplug sources from China. I am sure you know that there is also a big difference in customer service and returns.
Appreciate 2
      03-11-2023, 06:50 AM   #43
G35POPPEDMYCHERRY
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sporty View Post
You are obviously right that Kies sources a lot of parts from China, but not everything made in China is cheap and low quality, in fact, China has become the go to source in high precision, high quality manufacturing for many things these days, of course with the iPhone as a prime example. There is a difference between what Kies and Bimmerplug sources from China. I am sure you know that there is also a big difference in customer service and returns.
Yup agreed, I’m just saying buy directly from the source when all these guys drop shipping.

No hate on KIES, guys Post amazing DIY and and are probably a great shop. They deserve profits
Appreciate 1
      03-11-2023, 04:07 PM   #44
CurlyTopBMWGirl
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2023m340i

Bimmer Plug has plastic quality and worst customer service

I ordered the m 50 anniversary emblems, and Bimmer Plug sent me the wrong item. I had to show them a picture to prove to them that they had sent the wrong item. I then told them I wanted a refund and their website says that they will issue a refund if THEY HAVE MADE A MISTAKE! Well guess what? They ignored my request for a refund for THEIR MISTAKE, and sent me the item anyway. I did not want the item because the wrong ones that they sent were plastic junk like would go on a "kiddie car"!!! I have initiated a dispute on the charge because they are IMPOSSIBLE to work with. I will order the emblems from BMW accessories so that it will not be PLASTIC! Please please believe what I tell you and don't order from this company. They are nothing but a HASSLE!!!
Appreciate 1
Closed Thread