R44 Performance
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

03-02-2023, 11:53 AM   #1
2008M36MT
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M3

in many Chick-fil-A sandwiches there is a bite or two that tastes like shit/ inconsistent? I find myself spitting a part back into the bag often…I wonder why that is? Their chicken strips and minis are always consistent.

Feel free to build on this with your own questions but I just want to know if I’m insane?
Appreciate 1
JMcLellan1945.50
      03-02-2023, 12:48 PM   #2
JMcLellan
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 M2

Never had an issue with chick fil a sandwiches but I've only had it maybe 5 times. I have had some bad luck with some restaurant chicken sandwiches and wendy's. All it takes is a bad breast now and then to throw off the experience.
      03-02-2023, 01:41 PM   #3
Watching The World Burn
Lengthy but not a Girthy Member
Rep
Drives: 1971 Honda Civic

I don't understand the Chick Fil A craze. I had one of their sandwiches, it was fine, a bit bland, nothing bad about it, but nothing that made me really want to go back either.

What did I miss? I ordered one of their standard sauces to put on the sandwich, can't remember which one. Just nothing that made me go wow...but nothing that put me off either. If someone really wanted to eat there, I'm happy to get something there, but won't be going out of my way to go by myself.
Appreciate 5
Esteban42250.00
hubbahubba8710.00
antgenn301.00
Tyga113227.00
shiftdnb376.50
      03-02-2023, 01:58 PM   #4
Esteban
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: a slow car fast

^ Yep, feel the same way. Got a chicken sandwich from there a little while back. This was when they were raving about their chicken sandwiches in their weird TV commercials so I thought I'd try one. Was definitely underwhelmed. Do not know what all the fuss was about.
      03-02-2023, 02:24 PM   #5
2023G87M2
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F87

Try impossible brand chicken nuggets and all bites are on point. Probably because it didn't come from an exploited, tortured, decayed animal that had its life taken against its will for some selfish persons 15 seconds of taste that they think they like because they've been conditioned to since childhood.
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2023, 03:27 PM   #6
Watching The World Burn
Lengthy but not a Girthy Member
Rep
Drives: 1971 Honda Civic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2023G87M2 View Post
Try impossible brand chicken nuggets and all bites are on point. Probably because it didn't come from an exploited, tortured, decayed animal that had its life taken against its will for some selfish persons 15 seconds of taste that they think they like because they've been conditioned to since childhood.
No, I'll let the animals eat the plants, and then I eat the animals. Gotta obey the food chain you silly nitwit.

And I really enjoy the taste of a properly cooked steak, nothing to do with conditioning. One that can't go "mooo", but isn't that far past the ability to go "mooo" either. Somewhere between rare and medium rare is just perfect.

Plus, I'm pretty sure they aren't selling decayed animals...its sort of the reason for those best before dates you see on those tasty animals on display in the meat section. Be mass lawsuits if they were.
Appreciate 2
      03-02-2023, 03:50 PM   #7
///MPhatic
The Seeker
Rep
Drives: OG M2 • Exige

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2008M36MT View Post
in many Chick-fil-A sandwiches there is a bite or two that tastes like shit/ inconsistent? I find myself spitting a part back into the bag often…I wonder why that is? Their chicken strips and minis are always consistent.

Feel free to build on this with your own questions but I just want to know if I’m insane?
I've had this experience, but also with their nuggets. Always makes me cringe because I'm eating it so fast it's half way down my throat before I notice.

And no, we aren't the only ones...

This is from 4 years ago.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ChickFilA/c...that_one_bite/
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2023, 04:03 PM   #8
DocOfTheDead
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2023 M4 6MT

Garage List
Quote:
You again? 😒
Appreciate 1
Oldgixxer1689.50
      03-02-2023, 05:07 PM   #9
2000cs
Captain
Rep
Drives: Potato

Might be the pickles.

I only eat their breakfast, which is fine and fast. When I was working we’d sometimes bring in their lunches, but they never really hit home for me.
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2023, 05:16 PM   #10
2023G87M2
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watching The World Burn View Post
No, I'll let the animals eat the plants, and then I eat the animals. Gotta obey the food chain you silly nitwit.

And I really enjoy the taste of a properly cooked steak, nothing to do with conditioning. One that can't go "mooo", but isn't that far past the ability to go "mooo" either. Somewhere between rare and medium rare is just perfect.

Plus, I'm pretty sure they aren't selling decayed animals...its sort of the reason for those best before dates you see on those tasty animals on display in the meat section. Be mass lawsuits if they were.
Nitwit: a silly, foolish person.

Nitwit: someone who wastes 85% of the world's farmland and causes 90% of deforestation to feed over 80 billion land animals a year to consume it because hes thinks he's special and the "superior species" and possibly believes his imaginary sky daddy has "given him permission" to factory farm innocent animals in a large scale, nothing like how it was in the stone age where it was hunt, or die, and then proceeds to eat the animal that ate the plants rather than eat the plants directly, wasting tremendous resources and causing more pollution than all cars, trains, planes, ships, and transport combined, only to end up getting less than 40% at most of total calories in the meal consumed, despite the 40% having required over 80% of total farmland and total protein consumption was 30% or less again despite taking up 80%+ of total farmland.

Someday you have to wake up and realize your not the most special person in the world deserving of everything no matter what the cost. Everyone next to you thinks the same way, youre not unique, and this mentality is unsustainable.

Appreciate 0
      03-02-2023, 05:19 PM   #11
2008M36MT
Private First Class
Rep

Had two more of their sandwiches for dinner. Both had inconsistent bits. I like it, usually eat that or chipotle when on a diet, which I’m on now.
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2023, 05:23 PM   #12
2023G87M2
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Had two more of their sandwiches for dinner. Both had inconsistent bits. I like it, usually eat that or chipotle when on a diet, which I’m on now.
Well duh you're eating the corpse of an animal.

I've seen so many news articles of people eating KFC upset they found the legs or head of chickens in their box, and even sued over it. Like what did they expect? You're eating animal parts but cry when you see the parts that remind you of what you're eating? It's sad how disassociate people are from what they eat. I think most people don't even realize anymore their prepackaged flesh came from an actual live animal.

Give the Impossible chicken nuggets a try. You'll see it tastes exactly the same and has no inconsistency

BTW, the whole soyboy thing is a myth. You know what has actual real estrogen? Milk and eggs. But it doesn't matter anyway because steroids like estrogen or similar molecules are hardly orally bioavailable
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2023, 05:29 PM   #13
Suds
/M Enthusiast
United_States
Rep
Drives: Responsiblish

I’ve never had a sandwich there, but their salads are good with some spicy chicken.
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2023, 05:32 PM   #14
2008M36MT
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Well duh you're eating the corpse of an animal.

I've seen so many news articles of people eating KFC upset they found the legs or head of chickens in their box, and even sued over it. Like what did they expect? You're eating animal parts but cry when you see the parts that remind you of what you're eating? It's sad how disassociate people are from what they eat. I think most people don't even realize anymore their prepackaged flesh came from an actual live animal.

Give the Impossible chicken nuggets a try. You'll see it tastes exactly the same and has no inconsistency

BTW, the whole soyboy thing is a myth. You know what has actual real estrogen? Milk and eggs. But it doesn't matter anyway because steroids like estrogen or similar molecules are hardly orally bioavailable
I will give them a try, but I do eat meat. If not there then at a steakhouse or a Mexican restaurant or at Popeyes. I feel the suffering of the animals, but I guess not enough to stop eating the meat however callous that sounds.
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2023, 05:50 PM   #15
2023G87M2
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
I will give them a try, but I do eat meat. If not there then at a steakhouse or a Mexican restaurant or at Popeyes. I feel the suffering of the animals, but I guess not enough to stop eating the meat however callous that sounds.
I am not the type to say stop eating animals Immeadiately. I understand it's difficult. But all the people I've convinced to go half vegan/vegetarian for Now, all have reported really positive effects. Some have almost cut it out entirely because they started to cut slowly and realized they can cut it all out. For some it might take months for others years, but every person who cuts meat consumption really does count
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2023, 05:54 PM   #16
2008M36MT
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
I am not the type to say stop eating animals Immeadiately. I understand it's difficult. But all the people I've convinced to go half vegan/vegetarian for Now, all have reported really positive effects. Some have almost cut it out entirely because they started to cut slowly and realized they can cut it all out. For some it might take months for others years, but every person who cuts meat consumption really does count
I get what you’re saying but I don’t want to. It’s an ignorance is bliss type of situation. I’m not going to do that any more than I’m going to put the cats back on my car, and I’m sure the climate activists can make just as a compelling case about how I’m killing the planet, including humans and animals.
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2023, 05:58 PM   #17
2023G87M2
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
I get what you’re saying but I don’t want to. It’s an ignorance is bliss type of situation. I’m not going to do that any more than I’m going to put the cats back on my car, and I’m sure the climate activists can make just as a compelling case about how I’m killing the planet, including humans and animals.
🙄.

Well. I tried. I know most people don't because they don't want to feel left out in family dinners or meals with friends or coworkers. Something about being vegetarian/vegan in front of the status quo makes people feel theyll be laughed at. But like I have ever cared what others think of me
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2023, 06:09 PM   #18
erickonphoenix
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 Gray 328xi Touring

I've poked in and out of vegetarianism a few times, never vegan. It's not that hard but obviously you have to really watch your protiens. However, if chic filet was my meat vice I'd have stayed vegetarian.

At the moment I only pair animal protein with veggies or carbs with veggies, never animal protiens with carbs unless it's a special occasion.

The big villain is sugar. Stay away from that at all costs if you can.
      03-02-2023, 06:57 PM   #19
Tommy-G
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2015 435 Vert Alpine White

They all use different farms I’m sure. I’m in Florida and get it once a week and never have a problem but I remember in NJ you might get some fat/grizzle/whatever

I am not a cult follower but my wife def doesn’t get the attraction at all
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2023, 07:38 PM   #20
Tyga11
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: M4 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy-G View Post
They all use different farms I’m sure. I’m in Florida and get it once a week and never have a problem but I remember in NJ you might get some fat/grizzle/whatever

I am not a cult follower but my wife def doesn’t get the attraction at all
I think it's a solid chicken sandwich.

In terms of fast food chicken sandwiches:

- BK Original Chicken Sandwich
- Wendy's Spicy Chicken
- Chick-Fil-A Original Chicken Sandwich

I am not including regional chains such as CharHut, Portillos, etc.
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2023, 11:50 PM   #21
whofelt
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M340ix

Quote:

Gotta love the internet, it's the only place that's safe enough for you to push that kind of talk.
Appreciate 4
RickFLM410885.00
Oldgixxer1689.50
Tommy-G4467.00
      03-03-2023, 08:42 AM   #22
OkieSnuffBox
Major
Rep
Drives: '13 135i

Their food is so boringly average it's incredible they have the following they do.

A chicken breast marinated in pickle juice and then put more pickles on.
Appreciate 0