GetBMWParts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in | Oil & Fluids | Servicing | TSB | Recalls

10-19-2020, 07:15 PM   #1
DELTA_
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 F80 M3 YMB

Fuel tank and Muffler replacement

So I hit a rock driving home late Saturday and didn't notice it until my car went limp with powertrain malfunction. Thankfully I was able to safely roll to a stop on the shoulder. I ended up waiting two hours, probably because it was 1 am, for a tow truck to drop it off at the nearest dealer. I was equally thankful my 5 year old was at the grandparents...can't imagine her sitting in the car that long at that hour of night.

The dealer found a puncture in my fuel tank and muffler and is quoting me $7k parts and labor for the repair. I am going to file through insurance but wanted to see if anyone has ever had a similar repair to benchmark their proposal. To make matters worse their tech accidentally scratched the rear drive side fender trying to get my car into the shop. They assured me they will have it repainted by a nearby shop that does Mercedes and BMWs.
Any feedback is appreciated
thanks
Attached Images

Last edited by DELTA_; 10-19-2020 at 07:43 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2020, 03:56 PM   #2
M4HNGRY
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 / FJ Cruiser

Bummer. Sucks on the scratched fender. Hopefully that doesn’t show on the Carfax. I would have a conversation about that. Not sure about your state but in mine you can go after diminished value when someone else is at fault and it will have an impact on your cars resale value. Maybe you could use that as a leveraging point.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2020, 04:04 PM   #3
BzsBimmer
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 G80 FO M3, M3 & MY Tezzy's

I think the comp claim will go on the insurance record anyway, so a small scratch would be hard to justify dv claim alone.
Appreciate 0