ARMA SPEED
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics

02-18-2024, 07:02 PM   #1
TarponTime
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 Conv.

This is a ‘16 m4 and comfort access just stopped working-all doors/trunk. Both fobs can button the doors lock/unlocked, trunk, etc., but comfort access just quit. Never had an issue with this before. Will try battery replacement on the fobs, but they seem to work normally. Checked on Idrive and it seems enabled.

Where would the fuse be on the f82? Also, just detailed the interior, is there and activation button somewhere on the dash that I may have turned off? Thx, TT
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2024, 06:55 PM   #2
ibimmer954
Major
Rep
Drives: '23 i4 M50, '15 M3, '18 911

Garage List
Are you getting any messages on iDrive about Comfort Access failing? I recently had problems with my Comfort Access and had exactly the same symptoms. I would occasionally get messages about "Comfort Access is reduced". Took it to my local indy shop and the codes indicated a failure in an antenna sensor. They replaced the sensor and now CA work again. I'd either look for codes or take it to a shop that can look for codes.
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2024, 01:12 PM   #3
TarponTime
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibimmer954 View Post
Are you getting any messages on iDrive about Comfort Access failing? I recently had problems with my Comfort Access and had exactly the same symptoms. I would occasionally get messages about "Comfort Access is reduced". Took it to my local indy shop and the codes indicated a failure in an antenna sensor. They replaced the sensor and now CA work again. I'd either look for codes or take it to a shop that can look for codes.
Yes, and thank you for your response. I DO get a message on the dash, under the tach, “Comfort Access Limited”.

Could you link a thread on how to “look for codes”? I do have BimmerCode with the plug-in Attachment under the drivers dash, but not very proficient in using it.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2024, 10:40 AM   #4
TarponTime
United_States
Rep

Do you basically replace the door handle and the sensor is in the handle itself?
Appreciate 0