Next Level Auto Brokers
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics

03-13-2024, 01:49 PM   #1
Yuille36
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X5M, BMW M3, MB E63 AMG

Garage List
2015 BMW X5M  [0.00]
Updating Navigation Map Data

I'm new to the F80 M3, but have owned many other Bimmers in the past. I'm looking for a easy solution to updating my F80 maps to the most recent version. My car is a 2017, with the North America EVO 2016-2 map version, and my system is the NBTevo_Y232361
I went to Bimmer-Remote Coding, but been having all kinds of issue trying to install their software updates. A lot of emails going back and forth to them. Any advice from some of the smart people here would be greatly appreciated.
      03-14-2024, 04:53 PM   #2
kubax86
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
No_Country
Rep

Drives: M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuille36 View Post
I'm new to the F80 M3, but have owned many other Bimmers in the past. I'm looking for a easy solution to updating my F80 maps to the most recent version. My car is a 2017, with the North America EVO 2016-2 map version, and my system is the NBTevo_Y232361
I went to Bimmer-Remote Coding, but been having all kinds of issue trying to install their software updates. A lot of emails going back and forth to them. Any advice from some of the smart people here would be greatly appreciated.
Hi
you can resend me email what issues your having. No easiest way than the one I sent you already
thanks
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2024, 05:50 AM   #3
Yuille36
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2015 BMW X5M  [0.00]
I have already reached out to your company, and they actually had a solution for my issue. They provided me with more detailed instructions, so I tested it and was able to get past my issue.
I plan to install it this weekend. Thank you for your response, it was very much appreciated.
      03-20-2024, 01:47 PM   #4
Yuille36
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2015 BMW X5M  [0.00]
For the first issue, I found was that the software wasn't connecting the data base to authenticate the code I was provided. Bimmer-Remote Coding provided me with a new code. I then installed the software, but then had the blue screen of death. Reached back out to Bimmer-Remote Coding again, and was advised to reinstall it. So, I reinstalled the software again, and thankfully it installed with no issues. Everything is working like it should, and I noticed a definite improvement with the Navigation software and the maps. It now shows roads the are congested in red.

This has been challenging, but I pushed thru and very happy with the update. Better than buying from Bimmer Tech for $160 and BMW wanted much more then $36 from Bimmer-Remote Coding.