Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > M3 / M4 Photos and Videos

05-02-2017, 03:47 PM   #67
ciaranob
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 Convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Encanto View Post
We (my brother in 2015, and me again for my MY2018 M3) asked and Individual stated that they do not cover the center trim in leather. They kindly provided the OEM leather to my brother to make it locally (post #44).
Interesting - it was maybe a year ago on one thread that some one had this done and nearly 95% sure it was OEM BMW but perhaps I am recalling incorrectly - if I can track it down I'll post a link.

There was also indeed another chap who was offering to do the work provided he had enough interest to invest in getting the leather as back then you could not simply buy a piece large enough to only cover the center trim but had to buy a complete hide and hence the need for multiple customers to step up.
      05-02-2017, 03:51 PM   #68
Encanto
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3 M40i

I think that it was not OEM as Individual just don't do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciaranob View Post
Interesting - it was maybe a year ago on one thread that some one had this done and nearly 95% sure it was OEM BMW but perhaps I am recalling incorrectly - if I can track it down I'll post a link.

There was also indeed another chap who was offering to do the work provided he had enough interest to invest in getting the leather as back then you could not simply buy a piece large enough to only cover the center trim but had to buy a complete hide and hence the need for multiple customers to step up.
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2017, 05:30 PM   #69
Arcades
In The Rain
Rep
Drives: '24 GT4RS, '24 Macan GTS

Garage List
Does anyone know how you configure Nutbrown individual interior to match like an normal SO Full interior?
      05-26-2017, 07:13 PM   #70
RACEM4TE
Banned
Rep
Drives: S63 AMG COUPÈ, Mclaren 675LT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcades
Does anyone know how you configure Nutbrown individual interior to match like an normal SO Full interior?
I don't understand
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2017, 11:59 PM   #71
GrussGott
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4 Comp Indv

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcades View Post
You mean with the black glove box, but color stripe below the dash, etc?

You need to work through your SA or if you've done individual before you can reach out to your prior rep at BMW NA. You take a picture of any interior and you mark up the pieces you want which color, email it, and then BMW NA researches it and provides pricing to your SA (they won't provide it directly to you, or that might just be me.)
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2017, 01:57 AM   #72
Arcades
In The Rain
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrussGott View Post
You mean with the black glove box, but color stripe below the dash, etc?

You need to work through your SA or if you've done individual before you can reach out to your prior rep at BMW NA. You take a picture of any interior and you mark up the pieces you want which color, email it, and then BMW NA researches it and provides pricing to your SA (they won't provide it directly to you, or that might just be me.)
I figured BMW NA would at least have a prior setup that can match how the non-individual Full Merino setup would be instead of making it to be a hassle -.-

Bleh ok.

Edit: My apologies it's Nutmeg... >.>

Last edited by Arcades; 05-27-2017 at 02:04 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2017, 06:52 AM   #73
Encanto
Colonel
United_States
Rep

The whole Individual Manufaktur is a hassle just because you as a customer has to work with them in what you want. That is the idea, to be individual.

Quote:
I figured BMW NA would at least have a prior setup that can match how the non-individual Full Merino setup would be instead of making it to be a hassle -.-

Bleh ok.

Appreciate 0
      05-27-2017, 08:46 AM   #74
RACEM4TE
Banned
Rep
Drives: S63 AMG COUPÈ, Mclaren 675LT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Encanto
The whole Individual Manufaktur is a hassle just because you as a customer has to work with them in what you want. That is the idea, to be individual.

Quote:

Bleh ok.

If you want you can go to germany to work with individual yourself
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2017, 09:14 AM   #75
Encanto
Colonel
United_States
Rep

You can do Manufaktur by email, you do not have to physically go to Germany.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACEM4TE View Post
If you want you can go to germany to work with individual yourself
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2017, 12:07 PM   #76
GrussGott
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I think Arcades is saying it'd be nice to be able to just say, "I want the full leather color scheme, except with nutmeg" which is much less hassle than building a doc, but the way that team works it's important that you're EXACT because to Arcades's point, they don't have any templates set up for such things.

For example, saying, "I want all silverstone like full opal but just with silverstone" can be risky. There have been a few misses with that kinda thing.
Appreciate 1
Arcades8159.00
      05-27-2017, 12:33 PM   #77
Encanto
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Actually you can tell Individual exactly that, as I asked the same thing but with Golden Brown, and in any combination -like the inverse, as I did as well. Not only they understood right away what I wanted but in their sales nature they added additional details that blew my budget in no time. They will provide a Photoshop of what you want and you decide if that is it or not.

This is no different than doing a build with IND.

Now, will it be awesome for Individual to have their own configuration website, in which customers can play and even submit their design proposal for a quote at the dealer? Of course, but somehow they are not willing to do it for some internal reason. I know, as I asked them that as well.

Quote:
I think Arcades is saying it'd be nice to be able to just say, "I want the full leather color scheme, except with nutmeg" which is much less hassle than building a doc, but the way that team works it's important that you're EXACT because to Arcades's point, they don't have any templates set up for such things.

For example, saying, "I want all silverstone like full opal but just with silverstone" can be risky. There have been a few misses with that kinda thing.
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2017, 12:38 PM   #78
Arcades
In The Rain
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:

Yup pretty much. It's nice to customize but if you screw up anywhere interior wise you're screwed.
      05-27-2017, 12:46 PM   #79
Encanto
Colonel
United_States
Rep

You will have plenty of time and illustrations to not mess up.

Quote:
Yup pretty much. It's nice to customize but if you screw up anywhere interior wise you're screwed.
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2017, 12:50 PM   #80
GrussGott
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:

Actually you can tell Individual exactly that
Yes but they may not build exactly that as happened a few times to as many people. The strong advice from anyone that's actually completed a cycle is to build and start from your own document and to be extremely specific.

That way, there is not something you can miss in their picture - because if you do, it's your fault and now you own it.
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2017, 01:02 PM   #81
Encanto
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Again, customers will have plenty of time, illustrations and quotes to not mess up anything in the interior. Obviously customers must be specific of what they want. That is where plenty of time has to be invested in the back and forth communication and illustrations. Furthermore, once the VIN is generated you can double check what is going to be installed in your car by running a VIN check. The complete Individual work order will be part of that VIN check, and any discrepancy can be taken care of before delivery.

Quote:
Yes but they may not build exactly that as happened a few times to as many people. The strong advice from anyone that's actually completed a cycle is to build your own document and to be extremely specific.

That way there is not something you can miss in their picture - because if you do, it's your fault and now you own it.
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2017, 01:21 PM   #82
GrussGott
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Again, customers will have plenty of time, illustrations and quotes to not mess up anything in the interior. Obviously customers must be specific of what they want. That is where plenty of time has to be invested in the back and forth communication and illustrations. Furthermore, once the VIN is generated you can double check what is going to be installed in your car by running a VIN check. The complete Individual work order will be part of that VIN check, and any discrepancy can be taken care of before delivery.
This is your first individual order, huh? I'm on #3 and I'm no expert (not like biglare and @Dr. Who) but people put a lot of hopes and dreams into this stuff and I've seen literally tears over misses. Your portrayal of certainty in the process is, IMHO, a disservice to this forum.

My point is this: start from your own documents, follow all of the checks you suggest, expect it to be delivered wrong, be surprised when it's right.

Last edited by GrussGott; 05-27-2017 at 01:28 PM..
Appreciate 1
Dr. Who302.50
      05-27-2017, 01:46 PM   #83
Encanto
Colonel
United_States
Rep

This is my second Individual order, and my brother has been doing Individual since 1995, and so far no delivery surprises. If you want to make this personal or a pissing contest then that's you. This is an ordering process, not an opinion process. Either it works or it does not.

Moving along.

Quote:
This is your first individual order, huh? I'm on #3 and I'm no expert (not like biglare and @Dr. Who) but people put a lot of hopes and dreams into this stuff and I've seen literally tears over misses. Your portrayal of certainty in the process is, IMHO, a disservice to this forum.

My point is this: start from your own documents, follow all of the checks you suggest, expect it to be delivered wrong, be surprised when it's right.
Appreciate 1
6ixSpd6008.50
      05-28-2017, 08:37 AM   #84
SO17
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 MY M4CP

Quote:
Like this ?

[IMG][/IMG]
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2017, 09:44 AM   #85
Encanto
Colonel
United_States
Rep

I would guess that he wants the lower dash with the strip on the left side and the "hockey stick" on the right side in Nutmeg instead of the whole lower dash in Nutmeg as the default Individual configuration... as in, replace the Silverstone dash strips in the photo below with Nutmeg:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SO17 View Post
Like this ?

[IMG][/IMG]
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
Arcades8159.00
      05-28-2017, 12:57 PM   #86
Arcades
In The Rain
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I would guess that he wants the lower dash with the strip on the left side and the "hockey stick" on the right side in Nutmeg instead of the whole lower dash in Nutmeg as the default Individual configuration... as in, replace the Silverstone dash strips in the photo below with Nutmeg:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SO17 View Post
Yeah like what Encanto posted. I'm just having trouble configuring it so I know what I'm looking at price wise.
      05-28-2017, 03:17 PM   #87
Encanto
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Yeah like what Encanto posted. I'm just having trouble configuring it so I know what I'm looking at price wise.
If what you want is only the lower dash custom configured that way then the price would be between $600 and $700 depending on the Euro/USD exchange at the time of the quote.

I wanted Golden Brown with the inverse configuration of yours -black stripes in the Golden Brown and it was about $600 (the "hockey stick" was extended to the triangle area below the AC controls):
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
Arcades8159.00
      05-30-2017, 07:01 PM   #88
Arcades
In The Rain
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
If what you want is only the lower dash custom configured that way then the price would be between $600 and $700 depending on the Euro/USD exchange at the time of the quote.

I wanted Golden Brown with the inverse configuration of yours -black stripes in the Golden Brown and it was about $600 (the "hockey stick" was extended to the triangle area below the AC controls):
I think I might have gotten the jist of it.

So when you setup individual interior, you're basically asking for two leather colors right?

I'm assuming for what I'm asking for, it would be Black + Nutmeg Merino leather?