Mo Reviews
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > USA - California

08-21-2015, 12:55 AM   #1
joesmithf1
Rep
Drives: G35

In Market for an M4

Hey Everyone,

just got OK from wife for an M4! :-) Planning to purchase it by end of this year, so now i am in the process of research. Also, i have never owned a BMW before, so hopefully you guys can help me out. I live in Orange County, CA, and is wondering if there is a good dealer that you would recommend. Also, did most of you have to order your M, or can you pretty find them at dealers these days?

thanks in advance! I am sure i'll have more questions.
Joe
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2015, 12:44 PM   #2
mephiska
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3

Garage List
If you're shooting to buy at the end of the year then you really should order it to get exactly what you want. You can fully negotiate the price with the dealer before you get your order placed & deposit down.

The biggest issue you will have is finding an allocation, but since your time frame is long this shouldn't' be too hard. In general the M4 is easier to find than the M3, so you have that going for you. So Cal pricing seems to be pretty good, but if you want a place to start to get a quote let me know. My Bay Area dealer has 3 or 4 open build slots right now for M3's & M4's.

Read up on the 2016 deals thread in the ordering forum to get an idea of what others are paying. Here is the thread. You don't have to read through the whole thing, just browse it and look at the last few pages to get an idea of where the deals are right now.

Last edited by mephiska; 08-21-2015 at 12:50 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2015, 03:38 PM   #3
ttruong92
Private =
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 Limerock Park Edition M3

Hey Joe,

I also live in Orange County, CA and I got my M4 at Crevier BMW off the 55 freeway. Ask for Tobias Isaksen and he'll help you out! He got me an awesome deal on my M4. Let him know Tyler sent you. If you decide to check the dealer out.

Tyler
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2015, 03:46 PM   #4
dim635csi
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 MG F82 M4 ZCP

I got mine from Ontario BMW, Kim Scholz is no BS dealer, from quote, order and status updates to pictures on arrival and delivery. Your biggest problem will be to find an allocation, my 2015 AW was using existing slot and I got it in 3.5 month.

Good luck !

Last edited by dim635csi; 08-21-2015 at 05:19 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2015, 04:05 PM   #5
Onewheeldrive
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 MG M4

Great choice! My lease is available for transfer if you don't feel like searching for an allocation and waiting for an order. Here's my for sale thread: http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1163303

'13 F10 M5 - Dinan S2 Tune - Dinan Intake - Dinan Coilovers - Evolution RW Downpipes - Custom Exhaust Cutouts
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2015, 10:58 PM   #6
joesmithf1
Rep

thank you, everyone! really appreciate all your feedbacks. I am in no rush, and definitely prefer go get one that is free off of production. :-)

@onewheeldrive, thank you, but i am planning to buy brand new.
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2015, 12:39 AM   #7
joesmithf1
Rep

by the way, anyone in OC with the sakhir orange color? would really love to be see it in person. Is it more orange than burgundy? i googled it, but some pics are showing more orange, but a lot of pictures seem more burgundy. Wife wanted black, but from the pics of sakhir orange that i have seen, they look really good.
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2015, 11:13 AM   #8
dstyle
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW M3

Khoi Diep from Long Beach BMW. Just picked up my 2016 BMW M3 from him.
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2015, 11:59 AM   #9
mrduder
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by joesmithf1
by the way, anyone in OC with the sakhir orange color? would really love to be see it in person. Is it more orange than burgundy? i googled it, but some pics are showing more orange, but a lot of pictures seem more burgundy. Wife wanted black, but from the pics of sakhir orange that i have seen, they look really good.
I just had another member come look at mine last week. hit me up. I'm in Irvine. you can come take a look whenever you want.
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2015, 03:13 PM   #10
YMB_M3
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BSM M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttruongm4 View Post
Hey Joe,

I also live in Orange County, CA and I got my M4 at Crevier BMW off the 55 freeway. Ask for Tobias Isaksen and he'll help you out! He got me an awesome deal on my M4. Let him know Tyler sent you. If you decide to check the dealer out.

Tyler
+1 for Tobias Isaksen. He was very helpful in making a deal for my m3 from Crevier
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2015, 03:50 PM   #11
Jim B
Wingman
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW M4 Manual

Talking

You better get with it. They're going FAST!!!
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2015, 07:35 PM   #12
Mickey D
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 AY M4 6sp

Quote:
Originally Posted by joesmithf1
Hey Everyone,

just got OK from wife for an M4! :-) Planning to purchase it by end of this year, so now i am in the process of research. Also, i have never owned a BMW before, so hopefully you guys can help me out. I live in Orange County, CA, and is wondering if there is a good dealer that you would recommend. Also, did most of you have to order your M, or can you pretty find them at dealers these days?

thanks in advance! I am sure i'll have more questions.
Joe
Khoi @ long beach BMW, no bs one of the best deals u will find and such a pleasure to deal with throughout the process. Pm me if u need his contract information.
      08-23-2015, 01:13 PM   #13
323_F82
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4

I heard pacific BMW is good too in Glendale.
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2015, 05:55 PM   #14
joesmithf1
Rep

Hey everyone,

So just got back from Cravier BMW in OC CA this afternoon. Was able to see both M4 and M3, so that was cool. Spoke to a Internet Sales Manger, who was also very knowledgeable and seems quite honest. I did ask him about pricing, and was told that everything is MSRP price; not negotiation. Order starts around November and delivery in around January.

Is he just BSing on “no negotiation”? Again, very cool guy to talk to and seems quite honest.

I'll definitely call the dealers and sales person that you guys recommend, when i am ready to buy. Today's visit was really to help me make the decision on either the M3 or the M4. M4 for sure after seeing both.
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2015, 06:51 PM   #15
bioslug
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2015 BSM M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by joesmithf1 View Post
Hey everyone,

So just got back from Cravier BMW in OC CA this afternoon. Was able to see both M4 and M3, so that was cool. Spoke to a Internet Sales Manger, who was also very knowledgeable and seems quite honest. I did ask him about pricing, and was told that everything is MSRP price; not negotiation. Order starts around November and delivery in around January.

Is he just BSing on “no negotiation”? Again, very cool guy to talk to and seems quite honest.

I'll definitely call the dealers and sales person that you guys recommend, when i am ready to buy. Today's visit was really to help me make the decision on either the M3 or the M4. M4 for sure after seeing both.
I got a 2015 m3 about a month ago from Valencia BMW. I worked with Graeme Chapman and paid a few % below msrp. I was working with Crevier but I'm not into paying MSRP so I went elsewhere.. I'd recommend sending him an email and seeing what he can do. After working with so many other idiot salesman, he was really great to work with.

Good Luck.
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2015, 07:05 PM   #16
Who's on first
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: A-10C

Quote:
Hey everyone,

Yes. BS.

Shop around, you'll find a few deals 3%-5% under MSRP. Quite easily actually.

Then drive back to the internet manager, and just smile.
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2015, 08:36 PM   #17
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by dstyle View Post
Khoi is a really cool guy. Been referring people to him for a while now. Plan on ordering either an M2 or M3 from him in the future.
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2015, 03:49 AM   #18
shoei
Banned
Rep
Drives: MW Vespa w/pink racing stripes

I don't know Khoi from Long Beach BMW but I've dealt with Joey Lee (was at Nick Alexander and now recently moved to Long Beach BMW) I can't even begin to tell you how much he's helped me out over the time that I've known him and done wonders for family and friends - even recently a friend of mine who was over 21,000 miles and her lease wasn't up yet. Yeah you read that right, she was over 21K and he managed to bail her out.

Can't hurt to give him a call...
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2015, 11:34 PM   #19
buddster
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M8 Gran Coupe

+1 for Khoi Diep. Solid dude. Smoothly handled my Individual 2016 M4.
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2015, 12:34 AM   #20
qspring
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 M4

Hi Joe,

I was just in the same boat. If you're looking for a MT, it's going to be a long process. There are more DCTs out there which you can certainly negotiate below MSRP.

I just got mine from Irvine BMW. I called everyone within a 100 mile radius of Orange County and found 1 MT to drive. I recommend working with Renzo if you haven't found your car already.

Good luck with your search!

Chris
      09-03-2015, 12:39 AM   #21
Arcades
In The Rain
Rep
Drives: '24 GT4RS, '24 Macan GTS

Garage List
Quote:
Hey everyone,

Pricing depends on who you speak to. You can definitely get a F80 or F82 under MSRP price. 2k - 3k (if you are lucky or not) but again it depends.

I was able to get 2k off of MSRP from my build but that was as far as they could get off from mine, and I am pretty connected with New Century lol. With F8x, most dealers won't cut the MSRP price by too much, they will only go so far. So, shop around. Since your in OC, I cannot drag you to Alhambra but, if you want to, visit New Century BMW in Alhambra. If you do, please let me know ahead of time and I can get them to talk to you as a favor.
      09-03-2015, 04:12 PM   #22
davezaristo
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 15 M3 - AW/Sakhir Orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by dstyle View Post
Did you happened to pick up the Silverstone one? If so, it was supposed to be mine..
Appreciate 0