Coby Wheel
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

10-21-2017, 05:06 AM   #23
BuLoOoSki
Colonel
Kuwait
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by soobieajax325 View Post
Is the editor released to everyone already or is it in beta still?
Everyone should have access to the editor for sometime now. You click on your stock map tune and from there you can access the editor. You CANNOT edit OTS maps for obvious reasons.
2015 BMW F80 M3: Tractive EDC Suspension / Dinan Anti-Roll Bars / GC Camber Plates / KMP Dual Diff Mount / Girodisc Rotors / GT4 Brake Cooling Kit / PTF Flash Tune / Eisenmann Downpipes / CSF Heat Exchanger / BMS Charge Pipes
2007 BMW E92 335i (SOLD): BMS JB4 / Quaife LSD / Riss Racing DPs / Helix Intercooler / BMS Intake / STETT Charge Pipe / Forge DVs
Appreciate 2
      10-21-2017, 05:11 AM   #24
BuLoOoSki
Colonel
Kuwait
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by G1n Mast3r View Post
proTUNING Freaks I'm super excited to be able to have the slider effects!! That being said are they still locked to the 49.8 MPH? I assume that is "hard coded" into my tune for them to stop after the said MPH. But I'm super excited about it nonetheless. Also I have a CG-Precision controller for my valves, and they are currently on open all the time and on actuation closed. With the new feature of changing valve functionality, If i don't touch that particular setting within the app it shouldn't affect anything correct? Also will I need to request and updated version of my map and tune because of all the changes? If you like I can PM you as well. Thanks!
Burbles with PTF tunes have always been limited to 80km/h for multiple reasons. The newer maps/updates will be limited to 100km/h. Once the slider feature is out, it will most likely have two other features with it: Speed cutoff (allowing you to change that speed to whatever you want) and duration of the burbles (the length of time the car burbles for).
2015 BMW F80 M3: Tractive EDC Suspension / Dinan Anti-Roll Bars / GC Camber Plates / KMP Dual Diff Mount / Girodisc Rotors / GT4 Brake Cooling Kit / PTF Flash Tune / Eisenmann Downpipes / CSF Heat Exchanger / BMS Charge Pipes
2007 BMW E92 335i (SOLD): BMS JB4 / Quaife LSD / Riss Racing DPs / Helix Intercooler / BMS Intake / STETT Charge Pipe / Forge DVs
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2017, 05:41 AM   #25
G1n Mast3r
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Individual F80 M3

Thanks BuLoOoSki. Was just curious. It's not like i need burbles beyond the 80km/h mark anyway. Personally I like the way are now, maybe with a slight adjustment but nothing major. But in essence I'll just need to get an updated version of my tune, which i'll also assume that i'll either need to pay for or hit up proTUNING Freaks for an updated version.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2017, 06:12 AM   #26
whoop_ass
Captain
Rep
Drives: non

still dont understand this fascination with Burbles that everybody has

suppose each to his own!
I just want a smooth fast car and could not be bothered one bit with
Ba ra pa pa ra pa pa .
Appreciate 1
M4 CSL231.00
      10-21-2017, 07:10 AM   #27
BuLoOoSki
Colonel
Kuwait
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by G1n Mast3r View Post
Thanks BuLoOoSki. Was just curious. It's not like i need burbles beyond the 80km/h mark anyway. Personally I like the way are now, maybe with a slight adjustment but nothing major. But in essence I'll just need to get an updated version of my tune, which i'll also assume that i'll either need to pay for or hit up proTUNING Freaks for an updated version.
Updates are free.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2017, 07:44 AM   #28
Maxis
Second Lieutenant
Denmark
Rep
Drives: F83

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoop_ass View Post
still dont understand this fascination with Burbles that everybody has

suppose each to his own!
I just want a smooth fast car and could not be bothered one bit with