Mo Reviews
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > F80 M3 / M4 Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery

07-22-2016, 12:39 AM   #67
shahano
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 21' M2C 6spd ,11' 1M, 88' M3

Seems like every single new car is affected by this. Crazy...
Anyone has more details what is wrong with the Diff?
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2016, 09:42 AM   #68
ejonsson90
Private First Class
Iceland
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3

I took delivery (ED) on July 11th, drove the car around for a week. Called today and was told my car is affected.
2006 S4 25th Anniversary - #116/250
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2016, 10:08 AM   #69
Draper
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M4 Comp / Macan Turbo

I called Genius today and now I'm told there are no holds on my car, but he still didn't have an eta on when it would leave the VPC.
      07-22-2016, 10:31 AM   #70
M.a.r.k.u.s
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335i xDrive manual

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draper View Post
I called Genius today and now I'm told there are no holds on my car, but he still didn't have an eta on when it would leave the VPC.
same here when I just called but those people can't be trusted. One guy says I am, the next one says I'm not...amazing how they can't seem to get their ducks in a row.

Mo from Fairfax BMW told me my car is affected and at this point, I believe him over the genius reps.

According to the article someone else posted, the recall is due to excessive noise coming from the differential. If that's really it, BMW should just give us our cars and call us when they have a new diff! I put 1200 miles on it in Europe and it was fine. I can live with a little extra noise if it means I get my car.
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2016, 10:35 AM   #71
Draper
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.a.r.k.u.s View Post
same here when I just called but those people can't be trusted. One guy says I am, the next one says I'm not...amazing how they can't seem to get their ducks in a row.

Mo from Fairfax BMW told me my car is affected and at this point, I believe him over the genius reps.

According to the article someone else posted, the recall is due to excessive noise coming from the differential. If that's really it, BMW should just give us our cars and call us when they have a new diff! I put 1200 miles on it in Europe and it was fine. I can live with a little extra noise if it means I get my car.
I agree.

The interesting part was the system didn't list a delivery hold, when yesterday it did. When he double checked his list (he also said my VIN was not on the list, though he did say it was the original list from a few days ago. Mo confirmed yesterday I was on the new list.

Bottom line, I don't think I'll be seeing my car this month.
      07-22-2016, 10:39 AM   #72
M.a.r.k.u.s
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335i xDrive manual

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draper View Post
I agree.

The interesting part was the system didn't list a delivery hold, when yesterday it did. When he double checked his list (he also said my VIN was not on the list, though he did say it was the original list from a few days ago. Mo confirmed yesterday I was on the new list.

Bottom line, I don't think I'll be seeing my car this month.
I feel like those guys have about 3 different lists that they check. They probably need to have some kind of all hands meeting and should all be told the same thing.
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2016, 10:52 AM   #73
bd307
Chef
Rep
Drives: Things with wheels or no wheel

Maybe they figured out the issue is not as big as they thought it would be, so they released the hold?
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2016, 10:55 AM   #74
Draper
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bd307
Maybe they figured out the issue is not as big as they thought it would be, so they released the hold?
We can only hope...
      07-22-2016, 11:15 AM   #75
mdevil
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3 (Ordered)

Garage List
My car was built on June 26 -- 2016 M3 (US Delivery). its not affected because BMW customer service is saying that car is schedule for Truck and gave me the info about the Transport company. They really need to get this together and make this less confusing because all the sources have different information and its hard to believe whats true or not. I won't consider customer service information correct unless I see my car.. I don't mind the wait but just give the correct information ..
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2016, 11:47 AM   #76
Sandow
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 Sakhir Orange M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdevil View Post
My car was built on June 26 -- 2016 M3 (US Delivery). its not affected because BMW customer service is saying that car is schedule for Truck and gave me the info about the Transport company. They really need to get this together and make this less confusing because all the sources have different information and its hard to believe whats true or not. I won't consider customer service information correct unless I see my car.. I don't mind the wait but just give the correct information ..

Mine was done on the same day as yours. It was scheduled to be on a truck to the dealership yesterday, arrive on Saturday. It was not on a hold list, I called genius yesterday morning to see if the car left on the truck..I was then told it didn't and it was on the hold list for the differential issue. I think the issue is much larger than anybody knows.. It's over 1200 cars from what I've heard..I don't think I'll be seeing my car anytime soon. The sad thing about this is my CA doesn't even contact me about anything, I have to find everything out on my own from Genius or BMWNA. He can't even guarantee me the finance rate of 1.9% that I have right now.. How the hell is that possible? It's not my fault they can't produce me a car. I've been ready to pick it up for over a month now...plus they made me put $3k down just to order the car..
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2016, 11:50 AM   #77
TrevorM3
Banned
Rep
Drives: 6.3 AMG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandow View Post
Mine was done on the same day as yours. It was scheduled to be on a truck to the dealership yesterday, arrive on Saturday. It was not on a hold list, I called genius yesterday morning to see if the car left on the truck..I was then told it didn't and it was on the hold list for the differential issue. I think the issue is much larger than anybody knows.. It's over 1200 cars from what I've heard..I don't think I'll be seeing my car anytime soon. The sad thing about this is my CA doesn't even contact me about anything, I have to find everything out on my own from Genius or BMWNA. He can't even guarantee me the finance rate of 1.9% that I have right now.. How the hell is that possible? It's not my fault they can't produce me a car. I've been ready to pick it up for over a month now...plus they made me put $3k down just to order the car..

don't ever order from your guy again. he sounds like a rookie, or a dick. or maybe both. i've been searching for a new m5 since last night
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2016, 12:00 PM   #78
Skubalon
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 M5 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by bd307 View Post
The issue affects 3800 cars... All M cars manufactured from May 12 until July 4.

http://www.autozeitung.de/auto-news/...hsdifferential

If your car was made during this time it is affected.
      07-22-2016, 12:06 PM   #79
Sandow
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 Sakhir Orange M4

[QUOTE=TrevorM3;20297566]don't ever order from your guy again. he sounds like a rookie, or a dick. or maybe both. i've been searching for a new m5 since last night[/QUOTE,]

I'm definitely not ordering from him or the dealer again... I understand delays happen, but they don't even bother to keep me informed about anything.. I'm completely on my own..their attitude is like fuck off, no big deal, not our problem.. I've looked everywhere for my build online and can't find one..
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2016, 12:08 PM   #80
BavarianFanatic
Too much is never enough
United_States
Rep
Drives: Too Many

See my other thread. I have a feeling that the cars affected may be greater. This is clearly a fluid situation regardless.
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2016, 12:31 PM   #81
visi107
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3CS

[QUOTE=Sandow;20297712]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevorM3 View Post
don't ever order from your guy again. he sounds like a rookie, or a dick. or maybe both. i've been searching for a new m5 since last night[/QUOTE,]

I'm definitely not ordering from him or the dealer again... I understand delays happen, but they don't even bother to keep me informed about anything.. I'm completely on my own..their attitude is like fuck off, no big deal, not our problem.. I've looked everywhere for my build online and can't find one..
if you do end up getting that car from them then you can reflect your feelings on the survey. it may not be much but that's where you can hurt them back

Last edited by visi107; 07-22-2016 at 12:40 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2016, 12:44 PM   #82
bob330i
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2001 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skubalon View Post
The issue affects 3800 cars... All M cars manufactured from May 12 until July 4.

http://www.autozeitung.de/auto-news/...hsdifferential

If your car was made during this time it is affected.
ah geez, I hope that's not the case. Was planning to go to Festorics in a few weeks and want my new M3 with me. Registration deadline is this Sunday....
      07-22-2016, 02:36 PM   #83
KnightedBMW
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3C

So I received my car 6/25/16 and have been driving it ever since. I'm bringing it in for my 1200 mile service tomorrow. If the production period of affected vehicles is true, then my car likely has this issue.

What about those of us that already have our cars? I don't have a problem leaving it with the dealer (provided they issue me a loaner), however if I wind up leaving it with the dealer for any extended period of time, they should be reimbursing me for my payments, etc.

What sort of issues can I run into if I keep on driving the car?
      07-22-2016, 02:51 PM   #84
BMV///M3
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW f80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightedBMW
So I received my car 6/25/16 and have been driving it ever since. I'm bringing it in for my 1200 mile service tomorrow. If the production period of affected vehicles is true, then my car likely has this issue.

What about those of us that already have our cars? I don't have a problem leaving it with the dealer (provided they issue me a loaner), however if I wind up leaving it with the dealer for any extended period of time, they should be reimbursing me for my payments, etc.

What sort of issues can I run into if I keep on driving the car?
Mine is at the dealer right now. Ast. Service mgr just called (he's my go to guy for service) and said its ready for pick up. No mention this morning or now of a recall for the rear diff. My build start-end production was 5/7-5/17 so who knows? I'm sure if it comes up I'll get a call or a letter.
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2016, 02:58 PM   #85
KnightedBMW
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BV335 View Post
Mine is at the dealer right now. Ast. Service mgr just called (he's my go to guy for service) and said its ready for pick up. No mention this morning or now of a recall for the rear diff. My build start-end production was 5/7-5/17 so who knows? I'm sure if it comes up I'll get a call or a letter.
I just called genius...my car is affected. I'm bringing it in tomorrow for my 1200 mile service. I'm assuming I'll be saying goodbye for a while.

Needless to say, they'll be some compensation needed from BMWNA. I didn't agree to take on an M3 payment to drive around in a 320 for the unforeseeable future.
      07-22-2016, 03:02 PM   #86
BMV///M3
Major
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
I just called genius...my car is affected. I'm bringing it in tomorrow for my 1200 mile service. I'm assuming I'll be saying goodbye for a while.

Needless to say, they'll be some compensation needed from BMWNA. I didn't agree to take on an M3 payment to drive around in a 320 for the unforeseeable future.
Mo checked and as of yesterday it wasn't on the list but who knows? I DO NOT want to give up my car for an extended period of time. If it's just noise I will drive the thing till they get the parts in. I've already had to give up my M once in the first 3 weeks of ownership and I don't want to do it again.
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2016, 03:05 PM   #87
KnightedBMW
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Mo checked and as of yesterday it wasn't on the list but who knows? I DO NOT want to give up my car for an extended period of time. If it's just noise I will drive the thing till they get the parts in. I've already had to give up my M once in the first 3 weeks of ownership and I don't want to do it again.
Agreed. If it's noise, whatever...give it back, I'll drive it until they have the parts.

However due to a stop delivery, I can't imagine it's just noise. Seems serious.

Also, genius said letters will be sent out via certified mail to the affected customers. He stated that they only have very general information right now. No anticipated time frame for a fix or what the actual issue is.
      07-22-2016, 03:10 PM   #88
BMV///M3
Major
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Agreed. If it's noise, whatever...give it back, I'll drive it until they have the parts.

However due to a stop delivery, I can't imagine it's just noise. Seems serious.

Also, genius said letters will be sent out via certified mail to the affected customers. He stated that they only have very general information right now. No anticipated time frame for a fix or what the actual issue is.
Sheesh....thanks for the heads up, I'll be checking my mail. Hope they get this resolved ASAP.

Seems strange nobody can say what the issue is. As far as something serious I've seen a few members state it's illegal for BMW to release cars when there's a known defect, even if it's noise, which hopefully it's something small like that.

And yes if people are with out their cars they are paying for id expect compensation from BMW in the form of them covering monthly payments. I understand things are out of their control but we are the customer and are paying for a product, we expect that product to perform.
Appreciate 0