Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / CT / PA

09-09-2019, 03:36 PM   #1
9M71
Major
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 M3 | 6MT

BMW of Manhattan - Reviews?

Hey guys,

Has anyone used BMW of Manhattan for routine service? Looking for reviews and opinions. There are dealers outside of the city that have great reviews via word of mouth from other F8X owners, but interested in utilizing BMW of Manhattan for more routine things such as oil changes, etc. given its walk-able from my office (versus spending a saturday at a dealer in jersey).

Car has cosmetic mods, and nothing that may impact warranty concerns. More worried if they have a reputation of carelessness, etc...
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2019, 06:13 PM   #2
zorrro
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9M4N71U View Post
Hey guys,

Has anyone used BMW of Manhattan for routine service? Looking for reviews and opinions. There are dealers outside of the city that have great reviews via word of mouth from other F8X owners, but interested in utilizing BMW of Manhattan for more routine things such as oil changes, etc. given its walk-able from my office (versus spending a saturday at a dealer in jersey).

Car has cosmetic mods, and nothing that may impact warranty concerns. More worried if they have a reputation of carelessness, etc...
Funny you mention this. I just picked up my f80 for 1yr oil service thursday. It seemed to run stiff after pickup so I checked the tire pressure. They inflated all 4 to close to 40psi vs correct 32! Hot it was over 40.... I emailed the SA and he still hasn't replied yet...

At least they listened when I said no wash. It's super convenient walking distance to my office so it's disappointing.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-10-2019, 12:07 AM   #3
CachacoF80
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: San Marino Blue F80 - ZCP 6MT

I can't give you an answer but judging from the usual customer service in NYC...keep your hopes low.
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2019, 08:46 AM   #4
MNhv
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F85 X5M

Dealers do so much volume in NYC that customer service after the sale especially when it comes to issues is garbage. This is not just unique to BMW.
Appreciate 1
      09-11-2019, 07:22 PM   #5
NYG
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Audi R8

Stay far away.
Appreciate 1
BMWM5NYC496.00
      09-12-2019, 07:38 PM   #6
Montaver
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G87 M2 & M340i LCI

I had aircon recharged and oil change on my e9x, no issues.
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2019, 04:03 AM   #7
Th3_Transport3r
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 Yas Marina Blue M4

Con artists to the max told me my oil pan bolt was stripped needed to replace the whole thing told me all 4 rims were bent. Took the car to autocouture and told me nothig at all was wrong with the bolt or oil pan. Took the rims to a tire shop and only 1 rim was bent. Stay far away from bmw manhattan scam artists to the extreme
Appreciate 2
      09-14-2019, 05:54 AM   #8
matty088
Major
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9M4N71U View Post
Hey guys,

Pretty simple. Everything in New York is awful
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2019, 06:38 AM   #9
DocL
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by matty088 View Post
That’s why I left NYShitty in 1996.
      09-15-2019, 08:25 AM   #10
BMWNORTHAMERICA
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 Alpine White M3 DCT

Quote:
Agreed! I spend lots of time looking at cars to purchase new and used and always an issue. specially with used cars. NYC cars are
SOLD E92 M3 Sparkling Graphite
SOLD Evo 9 RS : 375 AWHP 11.8 @ 116 MPH
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2019, 10:15 AM   #11
matty088
Major
Rep

Yet people choose to live there and are some how
Proud of it . It boggles my mind. I live in ct and commuted in to mid town. When I’d get off the train on the way home it’s like a weight lifted off me. There is a Very negative energy in the city weighing on everyone. Then I’d hop in the car after my train ride and drive to the country to my home and truly realize what I am doing to myself by being exposed to it. So I left a job as a partner at a hedge fund making real money. It wasn’t the only reason. But a big contributor for sure.
Appreciate 2
c0nrad93.00
MNhv92.00
      09-15-2019, 04:18 PM   #12
M3VSRCF
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3 DCT, K&N, JB1 11.6@118

serviced all 3 of my F80s there, over all no complains
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2019, 01:49 PM   #13
NYG
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Yet people choose to live there and are some how
Proud of it . It boggles my mind. I live in ct and commuted in to mid town. When I’d get off the train on the way home it’s like a weight lifted off me. There is a Very negative energy in the city weighing on everyone. Then I’d hop in the car after my train ride and drive to the country to my home and truly realize what I am doing to myself by being exposed to it. So I left a job as a partner at a hedge fund making real money. It wasn’t the only reason. But a big contributor for sure.
I'm a very proud New Yorker but here's what I'll tell you. You're not wrong about all of the problems here. There's a lot of them. Politically, socially, car wise etc....

There's a rhythm here to all of the chaos though. When you grow up surrounded by it, everything normal no longer feels right. I've lived outside of the city before and after a few weeks, I started to feel empty inside. While we're all nuts in one way or another, and if you exclude the recent onslaught of hipsters and other dorks moving here, real new yorkers are hard working, fast paced, career oriented people. That's not necessarily a good thing but the rest of the country is much slower paced and much more relaxed. When you're in this environment long enough, it shapes you as a person. If you can survive here, you can survive anywhere (except war torn countries of course but even then maybe?). So I fucking despise New York City but I wouldn't live anywhere else. Best place on earth.

That being said BMW of Manhattan is a disgrace and an embarrassment to the company. I've never had a single service done there properly. Either the repair had to be rerepaired or they scratched my car in the process. When they reattached my exhaust, they had one tip sticking out 8 inches further back than the other one. How do you even make a mistake like that?

So far only AutoCouture has done work on my car that didn't leave me in pain.

Last edited by NYG; 09-16-2019 at 01:54 PM..
Appreciate 2
      09-16-2019, 02:20 PM   #14
9M71
Major
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 M3 | 6MT

Thanks everyone for the responses and debate on NYC haha. Sounds like a no-go for the dealer.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2019, 07:23 PM   #15
matty088
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYG View Post
I'm a very proud New Yorker but here's what I'll tell you. You're not wrong about all of the problems here. There's a lot of them. Politically, socially, car wise etc....

There's a rhythm here to all of the chaos though. When you grow up surrounded by it, everything normal no longer feels right. I've lived outside of the city before and after a few weeks, I started to feel empty inside. While we're all nuts in one way or another, and if you exclude the recent onslaught of hipsters and other dorks moving here, real new yorkers are hard working, fast paced, career oriented people. That's not necessarily a good thing but the rest of the country is much slower paced and much more relaxed. When you're in this environment long enough, it shapes you as a person. If you can survive here, you can survive anywhere (except war torn countries of course but even then maybe?). So I fucking despise New York City but I wouldn't live anywhere else. Best place on earth.

That being said BMW of Manhattan is a disgrace and an embarrassment to the company. I've never had a single service done there properly. Either the repair had to be rerepaired or they scratched my car in the process. When they reattached my exhaust, they had one tip sticking out 8 inches further back than the other one. How do you even make a mistake like that?

So far only AutoCouture has done work on my car that didn't leave me in pain.
I’d argue you just need to be in a different location for a little longer so you can adjust mentally. It takes time. Crowded areas arent healthy physically or mentally.
Appreciate 1
MNhv92.00
      09-17-2019, 06:39 AM   #16
SMGCFP
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '20 F82 M4 '23 G05 x40i MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYG View Post

This guy has it right. You have to be a special breed to live there. As an
"upstater", I may as well be in a different country than Manhattan. My brother lived there for 20 years before moving to Rye. I visit often for the Yankees, Rangers, and other events. You can have a "normal" life here, just like you can in a place like Las Vegas, but it requires discipline.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2019, 08:50 AM   #17
NYG
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I’d argue you just need to be in a different location for a little longer so you can adjust mentally. It takes time. Crowded areas arent healthy physically or mentally.
I'd say 5 years should be enough to gauge it. Plus, in my line of work, NYC is the only place to be.
Appreciate 0