Next Level Auto Brokers
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

07-08-2019, 04:00 PM   #1
stevehifi
Captain
Rep
Drives: 17 F80 M3 ZCP

can you install an M4 GTS suspension a regular M3/M4?

Hi Guys,

Does anyone know if you can install an M4GTS suspension on a regular M3/M4? I know the rears should be fine, but I'm not quite sure about the front shocks.

I know the GTS uses a different wheel carrier, so would you have to buy the special wheel carrier (with two mounting bolts) or can you re-use the stock carrier (single mounting bolt).

I know that the revised wheel carrier does alter the camber aspects which can
be re-adjusted with camber plates, but what about caster? You can't adjust caster with aftermarket plates so not sure if the caster would be thrown off.

Steve
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2019, 07:03 AM   #2
M3SQRD
Major General
Rep
Drives: E92 M3,G20 330ix,F22 240iX,F82

The M4 GTS doesn’t use the lower strut knuckle adapter but the GTS KW F strut has the rectangular boss that limits the axial motion of the adapter sleeve on the strut. This suggests the GTS KW suspension is compatible with a non-GTS F8x if you were to purchase a set of standard KW CS F strut lower adapter sleeves.

Who told you caster cannot be adjusted with aftermarket top mounts? That may be the case for some top mounts but my GC plates are camber AND caster adjustable.
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2019, 10:41 AM   #3
stevehifi
Captain
Rep
Drives: 17 F80 M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3SQRD View Post
The M4 GTS doesn’t use the lower strut knuckle adapter but the GTS KW F strut has the rectangular boss that limits the axial motion of the adapter sleeve on the strut. This suggests the GTS KW suspension is compatible with a non-GTS F8x if you were to purchase a set of standard KW CS F strut lower adapter sleeves.

Who told you caster cannot be adjusted with aftermarket top mounts? That may be the case for some top mounts but my GC plates are camber AND caster adjustable.
The only aftermarket sleeves I could find was from MCS, I'll see if I can find KW
ones.

You're correct that ground control also has caster adjustment.
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2019, 04:54 PM   #4
M3SQRD
Major General
Rep
Drives: E92 M3,G20 330ix,F22 240iX,F82

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevehifi View Post
The only aftermarket sleeves I could find was from MCS, I'll see if I can find KW
ones.

You're correct that ground control also has caster adjustment.
You’ll have to contact a KW dealer. Give AutoTalent a call and ask for Justin or Golan.

Why did you decide to go with GTS KW CS 3-ways? There are better aftermarket suspension options available for the F8x.
Appreciate 0