Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics

04-21-2021, 11:34 PM   #1
Alpine_F82
Just Building My M4 Track Car
United_States
Rep
Drives: 15’ M4 Alpine

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [0.00]
Bmw M4 locked out of trunk battery problem

I have had the dreaded battery problem where if you battery dies you just open up the trunk and plug a battery charger to it and it's all good but I've went to go plug up the battery and it gives me a blinking green light from the bmw branded ctek charger, like there is no battery connected, I charged the think to 100% on ctek about 3 days ago, the battery died from the on/off switch on while I was working on it, it's happened before but I just usually plug my charger up to it and I'm good but Any idea on what to do without towing it? I'm lucky it's in my garage.
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2021, 09:38 AM   #2
WagonR
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2

Is the issue that you can't get to the battery, or that the charger wont charge?

If it's that you can't get to the battery:
Get jumper cables, and connect them to the charging posts under the hood and to another car or fully charged battery. That will get the car electronics to work so you can open the trunk.

If it's just that the charger wont charge:
Sounds like the battery might be too low for the cteck, so you'll probably want to jump and drive the car a bit before you can top it off with the charger. The cteck can't charge a batter if it's too low, it's more of a battery maintainer than jump starter, so you'd want to get some charge back into the battery before the ctek will work.
2008 E90 M3 6MT

Last edited by WagonR; 04-23-2021 at 09:54 AM..
Appreciate 0