ARMA SPEED
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M3 (F80) and BMW M4 (F82) General Forum

04-22-2021, 08:55 PM   #23
Rahul718
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F82 Comp 6mt

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeldoo View Post
This is the dumbest shit i ever hear, and it isn't just you, it's one of those old myths that keeps perpetuating in the car community.

You do realize when taken to a proper body shop, everything short of legit "frame damage" will be repaired like nothing was touched.
I agree. If I planned on keeping a car for it’s entire life and I knew going into it that it had unibody damage, I would probably buy it for the right price depending on who repaired it. I would just require paperwork, specially a print out from Caroliner, Celette jig, etc, showing that the repair was made within OEM specs. And if it wasn’t repaired, I would still buy it for the right price and make damn sure that it gets repaired to spec and enjoy it without worry.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2021, 09:32 PM   #24
Nativetexan
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 ZCP

Accidents like bumper or light fender work shouldn’t be scary if paint matches well.

A tuned car I would think has been run hard so I personally would steer clear of tuned.

My own opinion though.
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2021, 02:01 PM   #25
deeldoo
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 - DCT 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahul718 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by deeldoo View Post
This is the dumbest shit i ever hear, and it isn't just you, it's one of those old myths that keeps perpetuating in the car community.

You do realize when taken to a proper body shop, everything short of legit "frame damage" will be repaired like nothing was touched.
I agree. If I planned on keeping a car for it’s entire life and I knew going into it that it had unibody damage, I would probably buy it for the right price depending on who repaired it. I would just require paperwork, specially a print out from Caroliner, Celette jig, etc, showing that the repair was made within OEM specs. And if it wasn’t repaired, I would still buy it for the right price and make damn sure that it gets repaired to spec and enjoy it without worry.
Yup so every legit shop has to take pre repair measurements of the car unibody. The car then has to be repaired to exact oem spec with a printout report.

If such an act is not doable the car is written off due to safety concerns, long gone are the days where people are driving around chassis destroyed cars that don't drive "right".

Oh ya also, the alignment has to be done after. This is a complete non issue, cars are either repaired to spec or not at all, no halfway bullshit
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2021, 02:18 PM   #26
icegrill
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3

Has this been been mentioned yet: A tuned car that was in an accident!! 🤯
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2021, 03:18 PM   #27
arashir
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F82

at the end of the day when you buy used you are taking an unknown risk with the condition of all the things you can't see or feel.

While many people buy used cars all the time without issue, the only way to really be sure is to buy new, and even then you take the small risk that you got the one that Johann helped assemble when he was drunk at work that day
Appreciate 0