Next Level Auto Brokers
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > DIY and Coding Discussions

09-01-2019, 09:26 PM   #133
milthorst
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 440i Gran Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1QuikWS6 View Post
It should be noted, that on my F32 with LCI US Tailight Retrofit - the Rear Fog option no longer works

I went the full route with Euro Switch/coding when the original pre-LCI tails were installed & they worked great - very useful when used correctly. I drive very early for work & quite frequently there is fog so dense you can't see more than 10ft in front of you - these keep the drivers behind you aware that there is a car present BEFORE they come crashing in to you from the rear...

After the LCI Tail retrofit = nothing

Dash icon still lights but no action from tails

Apparently the LCI lights do not have a corresponding bulb/LED that can be activated by rear fogs as the pre-LCI do. Since F82 tails are same as F32 I would assume same condition would apply

I love the 'lava flowing look of the rear tails, but unhappy about losing the rear fogs

If anyone can prove me wrong I would be happy to know
Same situation here. I installed the Euro tails in my F36, and the rear fogs WERE WORKING before I connected the wires for the inner turn signals, added the HELC HO-Wort and coded the REM. I connected the inner turn signals to pins 5 and 13 on the A174*13B plug per the BMW retrofit instructions rather than splicing in to the outer turn signal wires. All the FDL coding for the rear fogs is there. Hopefully there is a coding solution for this. Argh!
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2020, 05:43 PM   #134
sappersix
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M4 ZCP 6MT

Garage List
I know I'm really late to the game, but I just wanted to say thank you!

I have a 2016 M4 ZCP and successfully implemented this mod. My first attempt at coding using Esys. Thanks for the clear HOWTO!
tom @ eas8188.00
      10-22-2020, 09:46 PM   #135
gottspd
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW M4, Lexus LC500, MK4 Supra

Just did this! Thanks BC, the OP and all of the other contributors. Easy and useful mod!!
Appreciate 1
tom @ eas8188.00
      11-15-2020, 07:31 PM   #136
M's ///M
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

I just came across this thread and was able to enable the rear fogs on my 2018 M3 using the bimmercode app in expert mode and shaving off the small tabs on the blank button.

I was able to knock it out in less then 10 minutes thanks to the OP and all who contributed helpful information.

The following parameters are what worked for me using bimmercode:

REM Module
REM -> 3063 -> Mapping_Nebelschlussl_L_output (Value = nsl_l)
REM -> 3063 -> Mapping_Nebelschlussl_R_output (Value = nsl_r)

FEM_BODY
3060 NSL_Verbaut: verbaut

Mo
Attached Images

Appreciate 3
Heimdall136.50
tom @ eas8188.00
shay2nak1070.00
      12-09-2020, 05:08 PM   #137
EezyBeezy
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW F[am]80 M3

^ Dope! Will be doing the same on my '18 M3 soon as well.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2020, 08:55 AM   #138
MGM_M4
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW M4

Thank you for putting this together!
Appreciate 1
tom @ eas8188.00
      06-07-2021, 09:29 PM   #139
fenderzig
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M3

2018 F80 and my rear fogs aren’t lighting up in “auto” mode. They do light up when I manually turn the head lights on but I always run my car in auto mode so I’d really like to understand why they aren’t turning on. I followed Tommy Garage’s coding and use a Veepak as my coding device.

Any ideas? Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2021, 01:30 PM   #140
arashir
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousejunior View Post
I have a MY18 and did the above coding but still not able to get light up. Sigh

Anybody knows why and have a solution?
Quote:
Originally Posted by axz17 View Post
Just tried my hand on this and no dice for MY18 M4 with the LEDs.

I'm seeing the dash fog light icon illumination but no change in rear tails/fogs unfortunately.
All right. I also have a MY18 F82, and following the steps that worked for everyone else, the rear fog light icon does illuminate in the speedometer area, but no change in the rear tail lights at all.

My guess right now is that the LCI rear tail light for the F82 might be missing the physical rear fog light hardware? If I look at where the rear fog light should be, I don't see anything there that would indicate a separate lighting element, but I don't know if you would be able to tell when rear fog lights are physically present but not illuminated.

You can just barely see this in the F80 image in post #137 above, there are some vertical lines just barely visible on the right side when the rear fogs are off that look like a separate lighting element. I don't have that.

Is anyone able to verify this for certain or take a clearer/closeup photo of the rear tail lights showing a physical lighting element in the rear fog light's position?
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2021, 12:25 AM   #141
Ejones4541
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M4 ZCP

This was best summed up years ago in a different thread by member JackMeOff who said the rear fog light is the automotive equivalent of the man bun…it became an overnight sensation and was quickly canceled like the man purse and Crocs once people took the time to say "This is stupid."
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2021, 05:06 PM   #142
arashir
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ejones4541 View Post
This was best summed up years ago in a different thread by member JackMeOff who said the rear fog light is the automotive equivalent of the man bun…it became an overnight sensation and was quickly canceled like the man purse and Crocs once people took the time to say "This is stupid."
What? that doesn't make any sense. Nobody has ever enabled rear fog lights to make whatever bizarre feminine fashion statement you are interested in
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2021, 08:11 PM   #143
Poochie
Luxury at the redline :)
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by arashir View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousejunior View Post
I have a MY18 and did the above coding but still not able to get light up. Sigh

Anybody knows why and have a solution?
Quote:
Originally Posted by axz17 View Post
Just tried my hand on this and no dice for MY18 M4 with the LEDs.

I'm seeing the dash fog light icon illumination but no change in rear tails/fogs unfortunately.
All right. I also have a MY18 F82, and following the steps that worked for everyone else, the rear fog light icon does illuminate in the speedometer area, but no change in the rear tail lights at all.

My guess right now is that the LCI rear tail light for the F82 might be missing the physical rear fog light hardware? If I look at where the rear fog light should be, I don't see anything there that would indicate a separate lighting element, but I don't know if you would be able to tell when rear fog lights are physically present but not illuminated.

You can just barely see this in the F80 image in post #137 above, there are some vertical lines just barely visible on the right side when the rear fogs are off that look like a separate lighting element. I don't have that.

Is anyone able to verify this for certain or take a clearer/closeup photo of the rear tail lights showing a physical lighting element in the rear fog light's position?
Yes, there is no rear fog light LED diodes in the US-spec LCI taillights.

https://www.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...php?p=25690961

https://www.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...php?p=25693215
Appreciate 1
arashir164.00