GetBMWParts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics

02-04-2024, 05:05 AM   #859
TeekXX
Rep
Drives: BMW 330e

CarPlay help!

Hi, new to the forum. I took my BMW 330e 2017 F30 into BMW as the amplifier had blown, as there was no sound from the stereo. They fixed it as I have the extended BMW warranty. However, they reset everything, and CarPlay was removed, they informed it was retrofitted, so I have to get it done privately, and they will refund the money..... a little bizarre if you ask me.

So I've been searching the internet and decided to purchase the code from Bimmer-remote. I purchased the ENET cable, and I have a few Windows laptops for me to do the work. However, after trying different versions of the Feature Installer software, 3 different laptops, 4 different internet connections, and resetting the stereo by pressing the power button for 30 seconds...... nothing works.

The software connects to the car, I enter the code that was provided, it connects the cloud server, but then get the message "Failed to read from the head unit".... see attached

I have ID5 system and the version is NBTevo_Y

Support has really been great, they told me to try another ENET cable.

Can this be done using a USB stick or an alternative method?

Can anyone help me, please?

Teek
Attached Images

Last edited by TeekXX; 02-04-2024 at 04:00 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2024, 05:22 AM   #860
kubax86
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
No_Country
Rep

Drives: M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeekXX View Post
Hi, new to the forum. I took my BMW 330e 2017 F30 into BMW as the amplifier had blown, as there was no sound from the stereo. They fixed it as I have the extended BMW warranty. However, they reset everything, and CarPlay was removed, they informed it was retrofitted, so I have to get it done privately, and they will refund the money..... a little bizarre if you ask me.

So I've been searching the internet and decided to purchase the code from Bimmer-remote. I purchased the ENET cable, and I have a few Windows laptops for me to do the work. However, after trying different versions of the Feature Installer software, 3 different laptops, 4 different internet connections, and resetting the stereo by pressing the power button for 30 seconds...... nothing works.

The software connects to the car, I enter the code that was provided, it connects the cloud server, but then get the message "Failed to read from the head unit".... see attached

I have ID5 system and the version is NBTevo_Y

Support hasn't really been great, they told me to try another ENET cable.

Can this be done using a USB stick or an alternative method?

Can anyone help me, please?

Teek
Hey, actually, trying to resolve your issue for the past few days - nothing else other than trying other ENET will not help. USB isn’t an option.
As we spoke your PC doesn’t communicate correctly with headunit (ping of the headunit IP does not work).
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2024, 03:04 PM   #861
TeekXX
Rep
Drives: BMW 330e

Hey guys, I got it working. I purchased a new ENET cable, and tried the process again using the Feature Installer version 1.0.14.9 (64bit) on Windows 10 Pro. However, this time after clicking "Identify", and whilst it was connecting to the Cloud Server, I opened up the command prompt (cmd), and typed in the following "ping 169.254.199.99 -t" the '-t' on the end continually pings the head unit, so I knew that there was a connection. I put in the code provided, and the Feature Installer started talking to the head unit, downloaded the necessary stuff from the Cloud Services and started flashing the unit. It didn't take long, probably around 3 minutes, then it told me "Exit". The display did flash a few times.

After that, I disconnected the ENET cable from the car, and pressed the stereo power button for 30 to 40 seconds, until it came back on, then let go. I navigated to "Manage Mobile Devices", and selected CarPlay and paired it with my iPhone.

Happy days

I went back to the car about an hour later to check, and it's working fine.

Teek
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2024, 11:22 PM   #862
sorrell
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 125i

Quote:
Originally Posted by kubax86 View Post
PM sent
Hi Kubax, I'm interested in CarPlay fullscreen mode for my f20 125i. Can you help? Thanks
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2024, 04:19 AM   #863
kubax86
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
No_Country
Rep

Drives: M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorrell View Post
Hi Kubax, I'm interested in CarPlay fullscreen mode for my f20 125i. Can you help? Thanks
Please send me your VIN to my PM or info@bimmer-remote.com
Appreciate 0