GetBMWParts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications

02-23-2020, 02:20 PM   #1
patrick smith
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4 competition

Does my M4 comp have the right parts?

I got my 2018 M4 competition about a year ago i got it used. but after buying the car and inspecting it fully I realize that whoever had the car before me did a couple things to it. nothing mechanically bad that I could find, just H&R lowering springs a few carbon parts stuff like that. once I fixed all the issues the car had minor things like missing carbon pieces missing intakes. I'm starting to realize and wonder if some of the lighting has been changed on the car. I've seen other 2018 M4 competition cars, and they seem to have different headlights and tail lights. I'm wondering if mine have been changed out or is this an option that would've come with the car? I do see BMW LED on them but it looks like the halo rings on this car around , and a lot of the other ones that I've seen have kind of a C shape that don't come all the way around. the tail lights look brighter casing than other ones so I'm wondering did whoever own this car before me switch these out for a cheaper version or is this what would've come with the car???
Attached Images

02-23-2020, 02:40 PM   #2
ntg44
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: R8 4.2 Spyder

Tail lights look fine. Head lights look like the base xenons. The hexagonal LED lights you're referring to are part of a lighting package which is an optional extra. 2018 is when they were changed to the newer design, but you had to pay for it.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2020, 02:58 PM   #3
patrick smith
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4 competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntg44 View Post
Tail lights look fine. Head lights look like the base xenons. The hexagonal LED lights you're referring to are part of a lighting package which is an optional extra. 2018 is when they were changed to the newer design, but you had to pay for it.
ahh ok, well these look fine to me. but this would explain it. thx
      02-24-2020, 08:46 AM   #4
LOW4LYF
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 & F85 X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntg44 View Post

Those are standard LED no Xenon... Adaptive LED was a package upgrade.

So yes, standard LED lights, don't see anything wrong.
Appreciate 0