proTUNING Freaks
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M3 (F80) and BMW M4 (F82) General Forum

01-25-2021, 04:53 PM   #1
MetzgerMeister
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F82 M4

New M4 Owner

Hi all,

I've been active on the F30 forum with my previous car but I am taking delivery of a late 2016 F82 LCI M4 in a few days time and I have a few questions:

- Lane assist - even though the button is pressed and the green light is on, the road marking lines don't appear on the dash. Why is this?

- There is another button beside the lane assist with a curved arrow on it. What's this for? - EDIT: Blind Spot Detection

- Surround view isn't working as it seems there is an issue with one of the cameras. Is this a common fault? I know the parts are costly but is this a DIY fitment job? I take it the parking assist doesn't work either (didn't get a chance to test it) as I feel the two are connected.

I'm hoping all the above will be sorted before I collect the car but I thought I would do some research anyway.

Cheers!

Last edited by MetzgerMeister; 01-26-2021 at 06:34 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2021, 12:25 PM   #2
J-Pizzle
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: F87 M2

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [0.00]
2018 BMW M3C  [0.00]
2020 BMW X3M  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetzgerMeister View Post
Hi all,

I've been active on the F30 forum with my previous car but I am taking delivery of a late 2016 F82 LCI M4 in a few days time and I have a few questions:

- Lane assist - even though the button is pressed and the green light is on, the road marking lines don't appear on the dash. Why is this?

- There is another button beside the lane assist with a curved arrow on it. What's this for? - EDIT: Blind Spot Detection

- Surround view isn't working as it seems there is an issue with one of the cameras. Is this a common fault? I know the parts are costly but is this a DIY fitment job? I take it the parking assist doesn't work either (didn't get a chance to test it) as I feel the two are connected.

I'm hoping all the above will be sorted before I collect the car but I thought I would do some research anyway.

Cheers!
Welcome to the F8x club.

As for your first question, were you noticing it at low speeds? You need to be driving above 40 mph for the lane assist to be activated.

Cheers.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2021, 01:30 PM   #3
MetzgerMeister
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F82 M4

Thanks man!

It’s actually working perfectly. I just wasn’t doing it right hah
Appreciate 0