INDustry distribution
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > M3/M4 versus...

Yesterday, 08:10 PM   #13729
stein_325i
Ring Leader of G8X Haters
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW/Benz

Garage List
Its official, we thought the screaming G8X ads were bad but this is another level of WTF BMW marketing.

Take a look for yourselves and be prepared to cringe so hard. Its a good thing YouTube just removed the dislike counter.
minn1910589.50
      Yesterday, 08:31 PM   #13730
minn19
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 19 F150, 21 718, 20 C63S, 212S

Quote:
Originally Posted by stein_325i View Post
I think what's even worse about the Yoke is that Tesla made it. This just means constantly cult members defending it and ignoring those with an opinion. If any normal car maker had done this the reaction and response would have been much different.

There are seriously no benefits to it, the only one Elon Musk has cited is that it allows the instrument cluster to have full visibility, which is quite ironic given he argued that an instrument cluster was not important for a Model 3 or Y.
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagon View Post
I don't care how good the cars might be, I'd never give them money because I simply refuse to associate with Lord Elon "Fraudulent Liar" Musk and his autistic cultists.

Sucks that by buying a Tesla, you involuntarily give off the impression you've also bought into the whole cult & schtick. No automotive corporation is saint, but there's no other car company where the CEO is so 'out there.'
For me it’s the arrogance about everything. Sticking to Tesla’s, they are definitely innovative in certain respects but as a whole plus the ownership experience they don’t do a lot for me yet. Plus he acts like he built everything on his own, without a shit ton of tax payer money he would’ve been a has been long ago.
Appreciate 2
Sedan_Clan13889.50
icegrill1250.00
      Yesterday, 08:39 PM   #13731
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Porsche Carrera S (soon!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by minn19 View Post
Quote:
I think what's even worse about the Yoke is that Tesla made it. This just means constantly cult members defending it and ignoring those with an opinion. If any normal car maker had done this the reaction and response would have been much different.

There are seriously no benefits to it, the only one Elon Musk has cited is that it allows the instrument cluster to have full visibility, which is quite ironic given he argued that an instrument cluster was not important for a Model 3 or Y.
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagon View Post
I don't care how good the cars might be, I'd never give them money because I simply refuse to associate with Lord Elon "Fraudulent Liar" Musk and his autistic cultists.

Sucks that by buying a Tesla, you involuntarily give off the impression you've also bought into the whole cult & schtick. No automotive corporation is saint, but there's no other car company where the CEO is so 'out there.'
For me it's the arrogance about everything. Sticking to Tesla's, they are definitely innovative in certain respects but as a whole plus the ownership experience they don't do a lot for me yet. Plus he acts like he built everything on his own, without a shit ton of tax payer money he would've been a has been long ago.
I know I'm an outlier here, but I still find TESLA cars to be EV's for people who make decent/above average income rather than the average Joe/Jane. TESLA cars don't do anything for me aesthetically nor do they appeal to what I look for in an automotive experience, but I appreciate the innovation……..as a company (…solar panels, back up batteries for homes, etc.). I don't think the iPhone vs. Blackberry comparison is exactly analogous to EV vs. ICE vehicles comparison.
Appreciate 1
minn1910589.50
      Yesterday, 08:43 PM   #13732
minn19
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Its official, we thought the screaming G8X ads were bad but this is another level of WTF BMW marketing.

Take a look for yourselves and be prepared to cringe so hard. Its a good thing YouTube just removed the dislike counter.
The worst part of that whole thingÖÖÖ..they canít build a motor that sounds even close to that good anymore. Isnít it supposed to be electric? Or am I all mixed up on what is and isnít?

But yah, who is approving and paying for this shit?
Appreciate 1
stein_325i17177.00
      Yesterday, 08:47 PM   #13733
R N M
Major
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Garage List
2016 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:

The original creators of ///M must truly be flabbergasted or rolling in their graves for those that are lucky not to see this massacre of a truly special brand.

Imagine saying this hideous extra large SUV is our way to celebrate 50th Anniversary and present 1st standalone M car since M1.

I really have lost all respect for this brand. I donít mind SUVs, EVs as long as you still create special enthusiast vehicles but BMW has really decided to board the Titanic.
Appreciate 3
minn1910589.50
stein_325i17177.00
      Yesterday, 08:51 PM   #13734
minn19
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
I know I'm an outlier here, but I still find TESLA cars to be EV's for people who make decent income. They don't do anything for me, but I appreciate the innovationÖÖ..as a company (Ösolar panels, back up batteries for homes, etc.). I don't think the iPhone vs. Blackberry comparison is exactly analogous to EV vs. ICE vehicles.
Agreed, theyíve done a lot of really cool things. Thatís the thing, I donít think their cars with the materials they use and shoddy build quality are worth the prices they are asking. No way Iím spending 130k on Model S over a Taycan even if the range is more and itís faster than the Porsche. It would be an around town/not road trip car so the range doesnít matter. Iíll take quality and a much better car for similar money over the faster one.
Appreciate 1
Sedan_Clan13889.50
      Yesterday, 09:20 PM   #13735
Arcades
Lup's Kid
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: '22 Cayman GT4, '21 Macan GTS

Garage List
Quote:
Agreed, they’ve done a lot of really cool things. That’s the thing, I don’t think their cars with the materials they use and shoddy build quality are worth the prices they are asking. No way I’m spending 130k on Model S over a Taycan even if the range is more and it’s faster than the Porsche. It would be an around town/not road trip car so the range doesn’t matter. I’ll take quality and a much better car for similar money over the faster one.
Anything built out in the US compared to even cars built in Mexico, I'd take the cars coming out of Mexico.

Tesla costs less in the States but it is a completely different story in EU. From what I know, a Model S Plaid in EU costs more than a BMW M5 CS(the current F90 btw). Which isn't the case for us here.

I don't know if this is true or not but VW apparently has the upper hand in EU for EVs suddenly. And, I won't go through uh... whoever posted recently lol but the reason I don't like Tesla IS Musk and the amount of idiots protecting the brand. Musk is not a car person, he is a salesmen pure and simple. He got away with a lot of shit and managed to make it happen because the situation was correct.

I'm sure eventually I will own a EV but it won't be a Tesla and I can guarantee that. I have seen more and more ID.4s running about recently in my area. Maybe the Taycan if they drop all the dumb touch sensitive crap.

Oh, I visited my car again today like a sick puppy and setup a few things to prepare for next week's work. They are going to warranty this stupid plastic piece that wasn't molded correctly (unfortunate lol). I am also requesting Power Steering Plus to be put in because fighting the car in a parking structure was already annoying. I may or may not get crap for that

P.S. I am purposely ignoring the XM crap because good god that thing is even more hideous than the G80.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lups View Post
You're making babies for me!

Last edited by Arcades; Yesterday at 09:28 PM..
Appreciate 2
minn1910589.50
icegrill1250.00
      Yesterday, 09:53 PM   #13736
Thescout13
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '20 F80 M3CS, 20 X4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcades View Post
Quote:
Agreed, they've done a lot of really cool things. That's the thing, I don't think their cars with the materials they use and shoddy build quality are worth the prices they are asking. No way I'm spending 130k on Model S over a Taycan even if the range is more and it's faster than the Porsche. It would be an around town/not road trip car so the range doesn't matter. I'll take quality and a much better car for similar money over the faster one.
Anything built out in the US compared to even cars built in Mexico, I'd take the cars coming out of Mexico.

Tesla costs less in the States but it is a completely different story in EU. From what I know, a Model S Plaid in EU costs more than a BMW M5 CS(the current F90 btw). Which isn't the case for us here.

I don't know if this is true or not but VW apparently has the upper hand in EU for EVs suddenly. And, I won't go through uh... whoever posted recently lol but the reason I don't like Tesla IS Musk and the amount of idiots protecting the brand. Musk is not a car person, he is a salesmen pure and simple. He got away with a lot of shit and managed to make it happen because the situation was correct.

I'm sure eventually I will own a EV but it won't be a Tesla and I can guarantee that. I have seen more and more ID.4s running about recently in my area. Maybe the Taycan if they drop all the dumb touch sensitive crap.

Oh, I visited my car again today like a sick puppy and setup a few things to prepare for next week's work. They are going to warranty this stupid plastic piece that wasn't molded correctly (unfortunate lol). I am also requesting Power Steering Plus to be put in because fighting the car in a parking structure was already annoying. I may or may not get crap for that

P.S. I am purposely ignoring the XM crap because good god that thing is even more hideous than the G80.
Is the PVP+ a software thing or are there hardware components?
Wife's Prior Car: 2018 F80 M3, Yas Marina Blue, DCT, Black 19s, Carbon Structure Anthracite Cloth/Leather Combination, Driving Assistance Package (Euro Delivery Oct. 9, 2017)
Appreciate 2
Sedan_Clan13889.50
CT_M31421.50
      Yesterday, 10:03 PM   #13737
RugbyBro
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:

What did I just watch...

stein_325i17177.00
minn1910589.50
      Yesterday, 10:21 PM   #13738
icegrill
Major
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3

"Anything built out in the US compared to even cars built in Mexico, I'd take the cars coming out of Mexico." Me too!

Honda is a perfect example of this. We're leasing a '21 passport touring and the fit and finish is totally subpar. It's built in Alabama which doesn't necessarily equate to pride of production, but for a Honda it's definitely lacking. My Polestar on the other hand which is assembled in China is near flawless.

Tesla's are not geared to actual "car people" they just want the name and the ability to watch Netflix in your fukin car.
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 10:41 PM   #13739
Arcades
Lup's Kid
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: '22 Cayman GT4, '21 Macan GTS

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thescout13 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcades View Post
Quote:
Agreed, they've done a lot of really cool things. That's the thing, I don't think their cars with the materials they use and shoddy build quality are worth the prices they are asking. No way I'm spending 130k on Model S over a Taycan even if the range is more and it's faster than the Porsche. It would be an around town/not road trip car so the range doesn't matter. I'll take quality and a much better car for similar money over the faster one.

Is the PVP+ a software thing or are there hardware components?
Its software update that tags your VIN.

So you can basically ask your dealer to turn it on or off. I just don't want to have to fight my car when it comes to parking lol.

I can always turn it off again if it does bother me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lups View Post
You're making babies for me!
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 11:46 PM   #13740
CT_M3
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 DCT Competition

Quote:

What in the world was that and just what in the 9 hells did I just view?

GrussGott My apologies, I thought it was polo. Apparently, its dystopian knights! Can't see you being mixed up in a crowd like that

Ok, this whole ad is just self-mutilation of a cherished brand! I don't connect with any element of it. Knights, prancing dancers with multi colored pupils who are trying to look cool.

If this is where the brand is pivoting to, its clearly jumped the shark. The fat lady is warming her lungs.
Appreciate 1
stein_325i17177.00