European Auto Source (EAS)
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in | Oil & Fluids | Servicing | TSB | Recalls

12-21-2022, 05:19 PM   #1
F83Wilfong
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW F83, BM E46, Porsche 911

VDC Module (Suspension Control Module)

First post. I have a 2015 F83 M4 and have had the car for about 5 months and put 3000 miles on it. Love it—except about a month ago I got a chassis restriction error. Actually it had popped up once about a month after I got the car but went away. This time it didn’t go away.

So I took the car to my local independent shop and they scanned it back to that module. They took a look at it and said there was a very small piece of corrosion on one pin. They tried to clean it, and actually got it to go away only for it to come back on when they test drove it down the street.

So we ordered a new one from BMW but of course it has no expected arrival date (back ordered) and I realise it could be a year or more. I had bought a bumper to bumper warranty that was supposed to cover everything including electrical but of course they denied this. Anyways… so I decided to start looking at buying a used one and finding someone who could reprogram it to my cars VIN. There is a highly rated local guy but he stopped responding (holidays? Or maybe too risky) and I’m waiting on RPM Canada to get back as they’re currently seeing if they can fix/replace. I was told by the Indy there is a specific module that acts as an anti-theft module and you have to buy new modules from BMW—however the internet seems full of people reprogramming these DIY with the right equipment. Does anyone have any advice or leads on who might be able to fix this?
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2022, 07:51 AM   #2
jfritz27
Major
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 CS

I really don't know, but for anything programming-related it's always worth a shot to ask kubax86
Appreciate 2
      01-10-2023, 07:46 PM   #3
F83Wilfong
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW F83, BM E46, Porsche 911

Well—update. I called RPM Canada and one of their techs emailed me back and was very nice and offered to walk me through how to do it for free if I had the proper equipment. I didn’t but found a local company in NC that can basically reprogram any used module so I ordered a used VDC module on eBay and now my M4s suspension is back and working. (I can select the parameters; comfort, sport, sport plus).
Appreciate 0