GetBMWParts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

08-29-2022, 02:03 PM   #1
Jayden_F87
'20 M2 Comp.
United_States
Rep
Drives: '20 M2 Competition DCT

Garage List
JB4 "Passive Delete" not working

I have catless downpipes on my M2C (I'm posting here as there's more support for S55), and I've been driving with a CEL on since I'm on stock tune. Then I got JB4 installed a couple days ago. I turned on passive delete in the WMI settings (I'm not in the states), but I still have a CEL on from the downpipes. Should I clear the error code and see if it come back on?

IG: @porky_m2c
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2022, 05:22 PM   #2
coolmody
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: AW/SO F80 M3

The JB4 should be actively clearing the code. I could see my gear indicator dash blink slightly after I turned the feature on. I assumed this was the JB4 sending the delete command.

Read the codes to see what it is. I had post-cat O2 sensor codes throw because the heater circuit in both my sensors were malfunctioning. After I replaced those sensors the codes went away (P0036 and P0056).
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2022, 03:57 AM   #3
Jayden_F87
'20 M2 Comp.
United_States
Rep
Drives: '20 M2 Competition DCT

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolmody View Post
The JB4 should be actively clearing the code. I could see my gear indicator dash blink slightly after I turned the feature on. I assumed this was the JB4 sending the delete command.

Read the codes to see what it is. I had post-cat O2 sensor codes throw because the heater circuit in both my sensors were malfunctioning. After I replaced those sensors the codes went away (P0036 and P0056).
It's not clearing any code from what I can tell. And yes, I always check the codes occasionally to check whether it's something else than the codes thrown by catless downpipes. Only those codes are active. I've manually cleared error codes with Bimmerlink for now. I'll see if they come back on.

IG: @porky_m2c
Appreciate 0