BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

03-12-2021, 02:20 PM   #89
KakashiSenpai
Troll
Rep
Drives: F82 M4 Comp

I'm stoked to see PTF do this! A lot of these cry babies are going to head out with the new G8X. For so long everyone has been complaining about PTF to do FF & Antilag. Now released people are still complaining . Just sit tight and be grateful that we have some new features available. Thank you PTF for not giving up on the F8X platform & I'm hyped to see various setups (turbos,fuel,tuners,etc) using these features to get solid options/routes for whatever owners want to achieve with this platform
Appreciate 3
F80_Greg135.50
TideMD291.50
EGbeater116.50
      03-12-2021, 03:06 PM   #90
proTUNING Freaks
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: powered by bootmod3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtygrid View Post
If I convert my OTS Stage 2 map to a CustomROM map, does that add the multimap feature? If so which map/slot would be the original stage 2?
It'll add the antilag to it and your old Stage 2 map will end up in map slot 1 with other map slots inactive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M4DNS55 View Post
Hi, I have a VF Engineering stage 2 map.
Am I able to convert this to a CustomROM map?
If yes, will I then be able to adjust the torque settings in each gear?
You'd just flash over any prior tuner's programming. Once you're running on a bm3 map you can adjust torque reduction in each gear and flash it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike@x-ph.com View Post
Good Job PTF, looking forward to even more updates in the future

Quote:
Originally Posted by F80_Greg View Post
Just received another email from support, please confirm if it's okay to reconvert and flash now. Thank you proTUNING Freaks
Yes sir, good to go, issue has been fixed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmciver View Post
So here is another question for those of you who have already flashed one of the new CustomROM multi-maps (or converted a custom tune map)... How many of you also have an Awron gauge installed? The Awron gauge and these new BM3 features both use the same cruise control button on the steering wheel to access their respective features. So I am wondering if there is any conflict between the two as I already have the Awron gauge installed in my car (for a while actually).

And before anyone asks, yes I have a ticket in with PTF customer support on this question and have received an initial, albeit inconclusive, response. I am speculating that PTF may not have seen this issue/question before which is why I am throwing this out there to the larger group to see if anyone else has had an issue and or resolution. Given a choice, I would rather not flash and "see what happens"....
Quote:
I'm in the same boat, i have the AK-Motion data display gauge from Germany and also wondering. I have the option of disabling menu selection on the gauge by turning off the cruise control button shortcuts and using the touch screen instead. Since it uses the CANBUS system to get information, there is a way to disable and unlink the gauge from canbus with a click of a button on my setup, i wonder if that would help any interference. My map switching worked but antilag did not work yet. After proTUNING Freaks let's us know the update discussed yesterday is live, i will experiment and let you know.
There shouldn't be a conflict between those displays and Antilag triggering as the steering wheel broadcasts messages out to any ECU listening for them.

Those displays though can interrupt datalogging and flashing depending on how they've been implemented and best to keep them disabled during flashing/logging.
Appreciate 1
      03-12-2021, 05:09 PM   #91
Trevorstein
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Trabant

Hey again,

"Confused" here.

Is this version of "Map switching" only for those with access to e blend based fuels??

[Edit:] No. Anyone can use this

Last edited by Trevorstein; 03-15-2021 at 01:46 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2021, 05:33 PM   #92
Smee
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 F83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevorstein View Post
I don't need "Flex fuel"! I don't have access to ethanol blend fuels where I live.

I was told by Zanin or Serge that I would be able to have 4 maps "of my choosing".

I just need something like this!

Unfortunately this is what 99% of the customer base expected and have been let down by.

Its a shame, I love bm3 and have been waiting for map switching for a long time so I can switch depending on fuel grade available. Or stock when it goes in to bmw or misses is driving.

What are my options??? Pay for the ots multimap which is useless to me in my area. Or pay Paul or cary £2000 for 4 different maps that they can then put in to 1 customROM?
Appreciate 1
      03-12-2021, 05:49 PM   #93
F80_Greg
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 ZCP 6MT

I can confirm rolling antilag and all other new features are now working for me after the latest fix. I tried both standstill & rolling, both seem to be working great even on default settings for my custom e85 tune. Although the default settings are only building roughly 15lbs of boost for my setup as it takes more airflow to spool up the turbos, it is still working great and helps reduce a ton of boost lag in gears 3-4 for a rolling launch. Maybe i will consider working with my tuner to increase and dial in the antilag for my specific setup, but at this point i think it is sufficient. Thanks again proTUNING Freaks
      03-12-2021, 06:44 PM   #94
jmciver
///M SubDriver
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3, 2020 X7 40i

Garage List
2017 BMW M3  [10.00]
2020 BMW X7  [0.00]
2019 BMW X3  [0.00]
2009 BMW 128i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by proTUNING Freaks View Post
There shouldn't be a conflict between those displays and Antilag triggering as the steering wheel broadcasts messages out to any ECU listening for them.

Those displays though can interrupt datalogging and flashing depending on how they've been implemented and best to keep them disabled during flashing/logging.
I will flash it this weekend to see what happens. Based on the answer I got from tech support, which was that both the display and BM3 will work at the same time when pressing those steering wheel buttons, everything should work fine. I just wanted some initial insight before I flashed the updated map with the new functionality.

X3 XDrive 30i - 2019 G01 Mineral White (wife's) / 128i 6MT - 2009 E82 Jet Black (son's)
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2021, 09:18 PM   #95
theedrb
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3

Am I the only idiot that can't find the "convert to customRom" button?
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2021, 09:35 PM   #96
fiveohwblow
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15, E46 & M3, F82

Quote:
Originally Posted by theedrb View Post
Am I the only idiot that can't find the "convert to customRom" button?
May still only be on pc. Click into the map you’re wanting to convert and it should appear on the top options.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2021, 10:42 PM   #97
m4h2o
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 16 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18BMWX5M View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by m4h2o View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by c4ss View Post
Any install videos for Flex Fuel sensor?

Is this the one everyone is going with? https://www.amazon.com/Zeitronix-Eth.../dp/B00R1UOY9U
The brand is recommended by ptf but This specific one doesnt mention Can Bus kit.
On the zeitronix website with Can Bus is $399
Is this the kit? Looks like it's a new one and it's $339:
Yes thats the right one. That specific one is cheaper because it does not include the gauge for your E% and/or fuel temp. I personally would get the gauge hence why it would cost me $399.
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2021, 02:40 AM   #98
jmciver
///M SubDriver
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3, 2020 X7 40i

Garage List
2017 BMW M3  [10.00]
2020 BMW X7  [0.00]
2019 BMW X3  [0.00]
2009 BMW 128i  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Is this the one everyone is going with? https://www.amazon.com/Zeitronix-Eth.../dp/B00R1UOY9U
The brand is recommended by ptf but This specific one doesnt mention Can Bus kit.
Yes thats the right one. That specific one is cheaper because it does not include the gauge for your E% and/or fuel temp. I personally would get the gauge hence why it would cost me $399.
Don't forget that you will need the necessary fittings and hoses to connect to the fuel system, specifically the flex fuel sensor - which is not as plug-n-play as I originally thought. The kit in the link does not have the necessary fittings and hoses. Not hard to acquire, but will take some research to get the right sizes/fittings/hoses and some DIY abilities to put everything together if you want to do it yourself. And of course, that adds additional cost even if a shop does the install.

After a bit more research, I think some of the plug-n-play kits look like a better option for most DIY'ers - including me (and I found the parts necessary to build the hoses/fittings). I like the different kit options available at Bend Calibration. They have specific kits for the F8x which takes the guesswork work out of all the "little" things needed to get this working quickly and easily. I am still doing research to see if I want to invest more money on a proper E85 fuel filter setup to go with this upgrade. Two kit examples are below...

https://www.bendcalibration.com/shop...ckynblt2m09j6a

https://www.bendcalibration.com/shop...ecm6bw3toml93j

And a YouTube video showing the installation on a N55 F87 M2, which would be similar to the S55 in the M3/M4

X3 XDrive 30i - 2019 G01 Mineral White (wife's) / 128i 6MT - 2009 E82 Jet Black (son's)
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2021, 03:25 AM   #99
Psychotic Mouse
Private
South Africa
Rep
Drives: Sakhir Orange M3

Not sure if this is mentioned somewhere. Has anyone been able to use live adjustments on the phone App?
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2021, 05:22 AM   #100
chewbakam4
Major
Rep
Drives: F82 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychotic Mouse View Post
Not sure if this is mentioned somewhere. Has anyone been able to use live adjustments on the phone App?
Its not out yet for iPhones. Everyone is waiting on Apple to approve the update.
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2021, 05:35 AM   #101
m4h2o
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 16 M4

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Don't forget that you will need the necessary fittings and hoses to connect to the fuel system, specifically the flex fuel sensor - which is not as plug-n-play as I originally thought. The kit in the link does not have the necessary fittings and hoses. Not hard to acquire, but will take some research to get the right sizes/fittings/hoses and some DIY abilities to put everything together if you want to do it yourself. And of course, that adds additional cost even if a shop does the install.

After a bit more research, I think some of the plug-n-play kits look like a better option for most DIY'ers - including me (and I found the parts necessary to build the hoses/fittings). I like the different kit options available at Bend Calibration. They have specific kits for the F8x which takes the guesswork work out of all the "little" things needed to get this working quickly and easily. I am still doing research to see if I want to invest more money on a proper E85 fuel filter setup to go with this upgrade. Two kit examples are below...

https://www.bendcalibration.com/shop...ckynblt2m09j6a

https://www.bendcalibration.com/shop...ecm6bw3toml93j

And a YouTube video showing the installation on a N55 F87 M2, which would be similar to the S55 in the M3/M4

Great info bud thanks
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2021, 06:30 AM   #102
Mintsopoulos
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 MW F80 6MT

Quote:
I can confirm rolling antilag and all other new features are now working for me after the latest fix. I tried both standstill & rolling, both seem to be working great even on default settings for my custom e85 tune. Although the default settings are only building roughly 15lbs of boost for my setup as it takes more airflow to spool up the turbos, it is still working great and helps reduce a ton of boost lag in gears 3-4 for a rolling launch. Maybe i will consider working with my tuner to increase and dial in the antilag for my specific setup, but at this point i think it is sufficient. Thanks again proTUNING Freaks
Question regarding the activation at a standstill. Did you just bring the rpms above 3k and activate? How long does it hold in "anti-lag" when engaged?
      03-13-2021, 06:32 AM   #103
chewbakam4
Major
Rep
Drives: F82 M4

How many missed that you can check ethanol content using steering wheel controls too? I totally missed this. You press down on cruise buttons and it shows you your current ethanol % on the RPM gauge! No laptop or app or extra gauges needed, so convenient!
Appreciate 1
      03-13-2021, 06:53 AM   #104
Psychotic Mouse
Private
South Africa
Rep
Drives: Sakhir Orange M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewbakam4 View Post
Its not out yet for iPhones. Everyone is waiting on Apple to approve the update.
Ah great. Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2021, 07:14 AM   #105
MJ6
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4 ZCP 6MT

Garage List
2018 BMW M4 ZCP  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smee View Post
Quote:
I don't need "Flex fuel"! I don't have access to ethanol blend fuels where I live.

I was told by Zanin or Serge that I would be able to have 4 maps "of my choosing".

I just need something like this!

Unfortunately this is what 99% of the customer base expected and have been let down by.

Its a shame, I love bm3 and have been waiting for map switching for a long time so I can switch depending on fuel grade available. Or stock when it goes in to bmw or misses is driving.

What are my options??? Pay for the ots multimap which is useless to me in my area. Or pay Paul or cary £2000 for 4 different maps that they can then put in to 1 customROM?
This was literally covered not two pages ago. And 99%? Really?
How about we be grateful that PTF is still so dedicated to this platform that they work tirelessly to bring us options that the community asks for.
Of course, instead of being patient we could always just have them roll back the update and hold off on releasing it until every last feature is included, I'm sure that would make everyone happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gspannu View Post
Quote:
Actually, based on what I read in some posts and on the wiki pages, I think this is technically possible - just not easy to do it at the end user level right now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by f80fan View Post
That certain seems to be the case. Shame we all misconstrued what was being delivered in the promo vid back in October
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfritz27 View Post
And it appears in the OTS multimap one cannot individually configure the options for each of the 4 OTS slots (so can't adjust burbles for OTS Stage 1 vs OTS CS, for example). All config settings get applied to all 4 slots it appears.

Gotta keep the tuners in biz I guess
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbertels View Post
Same for me, but insert stage 2 in Map 3 slot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dailydrivenm4 View Post
Beating a dead horse here, but this would be fantastic. If someone figures out how to do this on a end user basis, please let us know or PM me.

Thanks!
Some comforting news...

I have just received a response from PTF... and this feature will be coming. See attached for the response from PTF.

Attachment 2549743

For Sale
Appreciate 1
TideMD291.50
      03-13-2021, 07:30 AM   #106
F80_Greg
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 ZCP 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mintsopoulos View Post
Quote:
Question regarding the activation at a standstill. Did you just bring the rpms above 3k and activate? How long does it hold in "anti-lag" when engaged?
Yessir, i tried it in my driveway. Just pulled my ebrake and left the shifter in neutral and revved the engine to 3k rpm. Once you fully activate it should hold for about 3-4 seconds, well it did in my case. That is more than enough time to build boost and get you a good launch off the dig, if you have a good wheel and tire combo that is. Hope that helps
      03-13-2021, 08:49 AM   #107
Mintsopoulos
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 MW F80 6MT

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mintsopoulos View Post
Quote:
Yessir, i tried it in my driveway. Just pulled my ebrake and left the shifter in neutral and revved the engine to 3k rpm. Once you fully activate it should hold for about 3-4 seconds, well it did in my case. That is more than enough time to build boost and get you a good launch off the dig, if you have a good wheel and tire combo that is. Hope that helps
Absolutely! Appreciate the info.

I'm on my way to order some New rubber for as we speak haha. That should help with some grip.
      03-13-2021, 09:37 AM   #108
Trevorstein
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ6 View Post
How about we be grateful that PTF is still so dedicated to this platform that they work tirelessly to bring us options that the community asks for.
Of course, instead of being patient we could always just have them roll back the update and hold off on releasing it until every last feature is included, I'm sure that would make everyone happy.
Ok., So it was "covered". How does that change my reality?

Please pardon me for not having access to e blend fuels.

Please pardon me for not having a custom tune.

[Edit:]

I purchased "BM3" because of their great reputation in the forums And,
they were a relatively economic option to tune my car.

If the latter would not have been a factor in my decision to purchase,
I would have just gone with EcuTek.

I was told, prior to purchase, by their support (Serge or Dzenan?) that
I would be b able to switch between 4 maps - "of my choosing".

"... grateful" - "Really?" [Edit:]
Sounds a little sycophantic!

Last edited by Trevorstein; 03-17-2021 at 12:39 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2021, 09:54 AM   #109
Trevorstein
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smee View Post

[Edit:] !

Last edited by Trevorstein; 03-17-2021 at 12:37 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2021, 10:31 AM   #110
MJ6
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4 ZCP 6MT

Garage List
2018 BMW M4 ZCP  [10.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ6 View Post
Ok., So it was "covered". How does that change my reality?

Please pardon me for not having access to e blend fuels.

Please pardon me for not having a custom tune.

No additional hardware or $1k(+) custom tune required or, so I thought.

I purchased "BM3" because of their great reputation in the forums And,
they were a relatively economic option to tune my car.

If the latter would not have been a factor in my decision to purchase,
I would have just gone with EcuTek.

"... grateful" - "Really?" For having purchased something which turns
out to be Not what was offered to me?!?

Sounds a little sycophantic!

Hey man, I get where you're coming from, but never once did they say when custom map switching would be released, simply that it was being worked on.
I'm not sure how BM3 not being what was offered comes into play though as these features were only just made available, and the only features that are guaranteed are the ones that have been officially released at the time of purchase. Anything beyond that is an assumption of availability as it was never really "offered" in the first place.
They're also not charging for any of these upgraded features, which in and off itself is pretty badass. So I get that it sucks that the features you wanted weren't released and the ones that were don't apply to you, but that's how it goes sometimes. A lot of others on here have been patiently waiting for the same thing, and I'm sure that patience will eventually be rewarded, it's just a matter of if you're willing to wait until it is.

For Sale
Appreciate 4
TideMD291.50
r0wr589.00