Next Level Auto Brokers
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

10-13-2019, 11:58 AM   #1
JC cs
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 CS

Frame Damage

My M3 CS was hit at an intersection this morning. I am concerned the unibody was damaged and will not be square after repairs. Uninsured motorist hit me.

Please offer advice to help me deal with the insurance adjuster. I have used the car for 3 HPDE events since purchasing it and am intent on proper alignment, having installed camber plates and having the alignment set by a track shop.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-13-2019, 02:46 PM   #2
Andrae26
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Sakhir M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC cs View Post
My M3 CS was hit at an intersection this morning. I am concerned the unibody was damaged and will not be square after repairs. Uninsured motorist hit me.

Please offer advice to help me deal with the insurance adjuster. I have used the car for 3 HPDE events since purchasing it and am intent on proper alignment, having installed camber plates and having the alignment set by a track shop.
Sorry to see this man. I hope you're not seriously injured. I had my M3CS totaled back in April after only having it for 2 weeks. I suffered some serious injuries even though I felt completely fine after the accident. Insurance totaled it out because of frame damage. Lady ran a red light and t-boned me at 35mph. As far as dealing with the adjuster just let them know those HRE's are expensive as hell. Did you lease? Here are some pics.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-13-2019, 04:11 PM   #3
aBMWfan
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08' M3/'15 M4/ '06 M3/ '09 M3/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrae26 View Post
Sorry to see this man. I hope you're not seriously injured. I had my M3CS totaled back in April after only having it for 2 weeks. I suffered some serious injuries even though I felt completely fine after the accident. Insurance totaled it out because of frame damage. Lady ran a red light and t-boned me at 35mph. As far as dealing with the adjuster just let them know those HRE's are expensive as hell. Did you lease? Here are some pics.
Those aren’t HRE’s. But hope ur ok
Appreciate 1
Nadeemp8114.00
      10-13-2019, 04:19 PM   #4
Andrae26
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by aBMWfan View Post
Quote:
Those aren’t HRE’s. But hope ur ok
I think you're looking at the wrong car lol. The OP is the one with the white CS.
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2019, 04:22 PM   #5
aBMWfan
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08' M3/'15 M4/ '06 M3/ '09 M3/

Quote:
I think you're looking at the wrong car lol. The OP is the one with the white CS.
Ok my bad
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2019, 04:24 PM   #6
Andrae26
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by aBMWfan View Post
Quote:
Ok my bad
No worries bro
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2019, 08:51 PM   #7
JC cs
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 CS

Quote:
Thank you for telling me this. Very similar accident in terms of speed and impact. I hope you are ok now. I got hit just several feet further rearward with the wheel taking most of the impact, spun 360 over a curb.

Would you PM me so I can get some advice from someone who has (unfortunately) been there?
Appreciate 1
Andrae26852.00
      10-24-2019, 05:30 PM   #8
Spun Crankhub
Major General
Rep
Drives: 15 F82 *SOLD*

Shit, sorry this happened to both of you bro’s, and Andrae hope you recover from your injuries.
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2019, 05:36 PM   #9
Andrae26
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoChris View Post
Shit, sorry this happened to both of you bro's, and Andrae hope you recover from your injuries.
Thanks brother I appreciate. Having surgery soon so I'll keep the forum updated.
Appreciate 1
      10-24-2019, 05:37 PM   #10
Andrae26
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC cs View Post
Quote:
Thank you for telling me this. Very similar accident in terms of speed and impact. I hope you are ok now. I got hit just several feet further rearward with the wheel taking most of the impact, spun 360 over a curb.

Would you PM me so I can get some advice from someone who has (unfortunately) been there?
Pm'd
Appreciate 0