Mo Reviews
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > M3 / M4 Photos and Videos

06-02-2020, 11:37 PM   #1
Gomeler
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '16 M235iR, '16 M4 GTS

'16 M4 GTS Solo Canyon Run

I suspect 2020 hasn't gone to plan for anyone. I'm months late on pulling my M4 from winter storage, but I managed to get away for an hour on Monday to cruise up a local canyon by myself. Timing was poor and I was stuck behind traffic on double yellows for 80% of the trip, but it was fun to be back in the seat nonetheless.

Short teaser to see what I'm on about ->

~15 minute clip with some traffic and some open road. I talk some here, I'll have a cut with future content without the commentary ->

Should be out at High Plains Raceway on the 19th if nothing bumps that date/closes the track.
Appreciate 1
      06-03-2020, 10:04 PM   #2
Poupon McArr
Private
Rep
Drives: 2020 M4cs

I really love these kinds of vids. Wish more people uploaded stuff like this
Appreciate 1
Gomeler500.00
      06-04-2020, 10:08 PM   #3
Gomeler
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poupon McArr View Post
I really love these kinds of vids. Wish more people uploaded stuff like this
Thanks, I figured there are a ton of beautiful photos of cars parked but not many videos of cars in action. I think I've got the cameras and audio recorder setup for my track-day on the 19th, should have some fun clips from it.

edit: Ah, you have Road Atlanta and Atlanta Motorsports Park, they're amazing courses. Used to live in Atlanta, they make up for the lack of fun public roads.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2020, 08:30 AM   #4
Tanzif80
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 ZCP

Great video and the car sounds amazing in those canyons! How and where did you mount your camera? I love the perspective and I used to be able to get that by mounting my camera on the rear window of my 911. Since my f80 has no sunroof I want to do what you did to get that great view!
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2020, 11:42 AM   #5
Gomeler
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanzif80 View Post
Great video and the car sounds amazing in those canyons! How and where did you mount your camera? I love the perspective and I used to be able to get that by mounting my camera on the rear window of my 911. Since my f80 has no sunroof I want to do what you did to get that great view!
Thanks, I was pretty pleased with the audio capture, just a little clipping under WOT. Did a pretty good job capturing most of the exhaust burbles, lost some of the high-end and you just hear a lot of rasp.

The harness bar/half cage in the GTS really makes for a nice over-the-shoulder view. Also mounted a camera right next to the a-pillar, but I didn't use any of that footage. For a F80, I don't know if a suction mount to the interior dome light would work? Not sure if that light is large enough to mount a strong enough suction cup.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0