BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > M3/M4 versus...

02-22-2019, 11:16 AM   #45
mcc3456
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alfa QVs & 4C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricSMG View Post
The harsh ride is literally the only think I would change about my ZCP..... There is nothing else to fix. I agree that it can be pretty brutal.

If the CS removes the harshness then that's a win, but don't make I sound like the ZCP has "lots" wrong. That's nonsense. I bet just a switch to PS4S' removes considerable harshness.
I always found my F80 M3 comfortable, but my Quadrifoglio is on a whole other planet of suspension compliance in comparison. You have to drive them back to back to understand. It is NOT the tires.
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2019, 11:37 AM   #46
Funf6cyl
Banned
Rep
Drives: 6 cyl

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcc3456 View Post
I always found my F80 M3 comfortable, but my Quadrifoglio is on a whole other planet of suspension compliance in comparison. You have to drive them back to back to understand. It is NOT the tires.
I agree - the suspension (dampening and rebound) are much better sorted than the M3/4 and its variants.

I also think the new AMGs are better sorted with the facelift too, whereas before they had the type of harsh ride the M cars did.
Appreciate 1
mcc3456332.00
      02-22-2019, 06:56 PM   #47
EricSMG
Captain
Rep
Drives: E46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcc3456 View Post
Not doubting it one bit and for sure not suggesting that tires will make the M3 feel like the Q. That wasn't my point at all.

My point was that the suggestion that the CS "fixes all of the F80's problems" sounds absurd as the ZCP cars are impressive machines....albeit harsh....and moving from PSS' to PS4S' would improve this notably.

Current - 2022 540XI M Sport, BSM/Black
Sold - many M3s and an M4
Appreciate 1
mcc3456332.00