European Auto Source (EAS)
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > M3/M4 versus...

03-07-2019, 06:29 AM   #23
2011zx10R
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M4ster Yoda View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011zx10R View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by minn19 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibson6594 View Post
Don' t do it. Once you go up to this next level, it's hard to go back. Stay where you are.
^Truth. I have a hard time enjoying non M BMWs.
Quote:
Quote:
Don' t do it. Once you go up to this next level, it's hard to go back. Stay where you are.
The only reason to buy a bmw is to get a Real M.

I think the other manufactures do a better luxury car
Sadly this is now the new BMW reality. It wasn't always this way.

BMW "mobility"? Give me a fuckin break. LAME

Once BMW got rid of hydraulic steering, 6MT (for the most part) and slapped M badges on every damn thing they could It's been all downhill.

When my wife's 340 MSport lease is up this summer it will be the 1st time in 15+ years we won't have a 3 series in the garage.

I'm seriously considering another make for her next car. If the F8x wasn't so good I wouldn't be getting another one this summer.

My "affair" with BMW might be coming to end in the next few years.
[QUOTE=///M4ster Yoda;24474225]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Once BMW got rid of hydraulic steering, 6MT (for the most part) and slapped M badges on every damn thing they could It's been all downhill.

When my wife's 340 MSport lease is up this summer it will be the 1st time in 15+ years we won't have a 3 series in the garage.

I'm seriously considering another make for her next car. If the F8x wasn't so good I wouldn't be getting another one this summer.

I think the new Lexus ES 350 sport is the perfect sport luxury.

The focus is the luxury ride and interior
With a sporty look.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2019, 10:08 AM   #24
Fuller
Major
Rep
Drives: F36 435i

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
The only reason to buy a bmw is to get a Real M.

I think the other manufactures do a better luxury car

I think most makes are heading in the same direction though. Cars that feel raw, or with true performance credentials, are becoming ever more niche.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2019, 11:47 PM   #25
nicknaz
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: C6Z

Quote:

Which non M have you tried recently? Early f30 (like our old ‘13 335) was crap but latest ‘18 f31 330 wagon is actually not bad and reasonably fun.

I get the sense they have moved their “A team” to the SUVs though.

My $0.02, cheap lease whatevers for commuter and get an all out sports car to keep around on the side if you haven’t already
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2019, 05:38 AM   #26
///M4ster Yoda
Banned
Rep
Drives: '16 F82 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicknaz View Post
Quote:

Which non M have you tried recently? Early f30 (like our old '13 335) was crap but latest '18 f31 330 wagon is actually not bad and reasonably fun.

I get the sense they have moved their "A team" to the SUVs though.

My $0.02, cheap lease whatevers for commuter and get an all out sports car to keep around on the side if you haven't already
We have a 16' 340 M-"sport" as my wife's ride currently. I've also driven a newer X1, X2, X3 in the last month or two.

God I hate SUVs. They ALL drive like complete shit. I've come to the conclusion I'm not a "Trucker". I will never understand Americas infatuation with SUVs never. There is barely any added benefit. The 19' X3 I drove was small inside with terrible driving dynamics. There is more room inside the F30 with a baby seat in the back. Stupid.

I was trying to get her to go in your direction. A wagon. 3 series wagon, Audi Allroad etc etc....not having it.

Wish I could go your route (older 911). I just don't want 3 cars right now so I'm stuck with getting my wife the AWD commuter for baby duty, bad weather, skiing etc etc... and I'm keeping an ///M4 around.

You just can't beat the ///M for its dual purpose usage. As far as I'm concerned that's all BMW has left at least for me. Sadly, It seems that window might be closing soon.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2019, 08:04 PM   #27
visi107
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3CS

Quote:
We have a 16' 340 M-"sport" as my wife's ride currently. I've also driven a newer X1, X2, X3 in the last month or two.

God I hate SUVs. They ALL drive like complete shit. I've come to the conclusion I'm not a "Trucker". I will never understand Americas infatuation with SUVs never. There is barely any added benefit. The 19' X3 I drove was small inside with terrible driving dynamics. There is more room inside the F30 with a baby seat in the back. Stupid.

I was trying to get her to go in your direction. A wagon. 3 series wagon, Audi Allroad etc etc....not having it.

Wish I could go your route (older 911). I just don't want 3 cars right now so I'm stuck with getting my wife the AWD commuter for baby duty, bad weather, skiing etc etc... and I'm keeping an ///M4 around.

You just can't beat the ///M for its dual purpose usage. As far as I'm concerned that's all BMW has left at least for me. Sadly, It seems that window might be closing soon.
While I agree that we in America are somewhat ''obsessed with SUVs and pickup trucks" if you need a 3rd row seat then only an SUV can provide that . . well minivan too but who wants to drive one of those. My wife has an explorer and essentially it's for that reason . . and she likes SUVs too lol
Appreciate 1