proTUNING Freaks
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > M3/M4 versus...

05-06-2022, 01:07 PM   #67
DarthVader_M4
Registered
Rep
Drives: 15 BMW M4

I love bumping old threads ! I owned M4 for about 2 years! I do own GT-R as well.

M4 looks nice when you lower on H&R springs and add carbon side skirts extensions, rear diffuser, front lip. and spacers , with wheels even better.

For comfort M4 Hands down for sure! tons of space in the back if you haul your kids or friends around. tons of options, heads up display, etc. even 6spd makes it even better, sure its a little slower than Auto. All you need as far power is downpipes and Tune and make extra 100hp. But that's about it. The thing is with f8x whenever you wanna go fast from first or second, it wants to kill you. You will not hook, Yep you can go with slicks , problem solved but it will suck in Rain. It does suck driving in rain anyhow. Yeah you push 500hp but you cant put can't hook.

GTR is a monster of the line and It will glue it self to the road like any other cars I owned. FBO is enough! which makes it super-reliable. Where I live, I prefer AWD cars.
and on snow tires that car is a tank in winter.

like someone mentioned above: For power/speed, GTR hands down, for luxury and more space, M4 no doubt.

This is BMW Forum,. of course more people prefer BMW, same AS someone be posting on GTRlife forum.

In the end. Everyone has different opinions, choose what you love, drive both cars, you decide and f it, life's too short.

I do miss back seats- our almost 11 year old still fits in the back but probably another year and that's all - I have audi sq5 as well, so GTR will be consider as a weekend toy.
      05-06-2022, 01:12 PM   #68
R1-Racer
Private
Rep
Drives: '23 M3 Comp X, TT Huracan

I wound up keeping the GT-R, buying the F80 and then later replacing the GT-R with a TT Huracan.

The F80, I just tuned via BM3, did wheels, coilovers and corner balanced it. It was obviously not as fast in a straight line as the Nissan, but vastly more fun to drive and handled much, much better in tighter sections where the GT-R's size was very obvious.

The GT-R comes in last for me out of these cars by a good bit, but I now can say I'd rather have an F80 over an FBO GT-R, no question.

The GT-R was FBO+Upgraded turbos.
Appreciate 2
      05-07-2022, 03:27 PM   #69
G MONEY
Major
Rep
Drives: 2017 458/ YAS m4

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1-Racer View Post
I wound up keeping the GT-R, buying the F80 and then later replacing the GT-R with a TT Huracan.

The F80, I just tuned via BM3, did wheels, coilovers and corner balanced it. It was obviously not as fast in a straight line as the Nissan, but vastly more fun to drive and handled much, much better in tighter sections where the GT-R's size was very obvious.

The GT-R comes in last for me out of these cars by a good bit, but I now can say I'd rather have an F80 over an FBO GT-R, no question.

Where you located brother? My brother has a Cicio built GTR. What kit is on your Lambo?
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2022, 10:38 AM   #70
///MFrankie
///MHead
No_Country
Rep
Drives: MK2 Focus RS Stage 4+

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by R1-Racer View Post

What's the M3 like with BM3? Has it made the low to mid-range pull feel more aggressive?

I drove an M4 comp, and one of my complaints was the car felt too docile on WOT, accelerated fast but very linear and controlled. Wondering if BM3 drastically changes that.