Mo Reviews
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / CT / PA

10-14-2020, 12:28 PM   #23
41M3
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Garage List
2018 BMW M3  [0.00]
Finally Cracked!

Quote:
Originally Posted by danniexi View Post
some have tendency to crack at the sidewall (im assuming a thinner gauge of titanium to produce the sound that it makes) but theres not concrete number of how bad the issue is. i personally haven't seen mine crack but you can tell on the forums that there are a good number of people who have had that issue. most will just go to the dealers and have it replaced since its covered under warranty.
I had my side wall crack a few weeks back at 44k. Dealer said that water gets trapped and over time causes it to crack and that it's a design flaw. My car was delivered with the MPE. Thankfully it's covered under Bmw warranty else I'd be out $4.5k for a replacement.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-18-2020, 08:06 AM   #24
F80GTS
Private
Rep
Drives: F80 m3

The v1 were prone to crack. They made a v2 that is stronger. Which i have. I track my car and daily my car zero cracks
Appreciate 0