proTUNING Freaks
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > Classifieds > Sponsors Classifieds > Electronics: Audio / Video / Phone / Alarm / Navigation / Radar

11-15-2019, 04:08 PM   #45
garyk66
gjk66
Rep
Drives: BMW X3

Full screen CarPlay for NBTEvo_U19384I

Hi. The dealer just updated the software on my 2017 X3 and it now shows as NBTEvo_U19384I. I have CarPlay already, but I want full screen. What do I need to do?

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2019, 05:40 PM   #46
hellokitty
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 M3 ZCP DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by garyk66 View Post
Hi. The dealer just updated the software on my 2017 X3 and it now shows as NBTEvo_U19384I. I have CarPlay already, but I want full screen. What do I need to do?

Thanks!
Hit up kubax86
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2019, 01:29 PM   #47
singh0226
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 2018 640i Gran Coupe

Interested and will Private Message you

Quote:
Originally Posted by kubax86 View Post
Hello,
As a summer promotion I can offer for all of you guys special price for Apple Carplay activation + Screen Mirroring + Video in Motion + Full Screen for Apple Carplay(if possible).

It's limited time promotion so hurry up if your car is equipped with NBT EVO and you don't have Carplay or you don't have Full Screen.

If your dealer updates software -> no worries I will provide one more time activation for FREE

Activation is for NBT EVO iDrive 5 and iDrive 6.

Note that Full Screen will ONLY be active on cars with version:
NBTevo_N or NBTevo_O (USB Activation)
NBTevo_P or NBTevo_Q or NBTevo_R (ENET Activation)

Checking NBTevo version is easy:

Go to "Navigation" ->
Choose "Map" ->
Press Options button ->
Select "Navigation settings" ->
Scroll down to "Position and version" ->
Select "Version information"

This solution for any software besides NBTevo_P or NBTevo_Q or NBTevo_R is EASY TO USE USB PLUG&PLAY 1-2 MINUTES INSTALLATION!
You'll receive file, and then just copy it to FAT32 formatted USB DRIVE, plug it in your car, 1 minute and you're DONE!
Detailed instruction will be provided after purchase.

Solution for NBTevo_P, NBTevo_Q, NBTevo_R requires only ENET Cable.

Prerequisites for newer software:
ENET Cable
Firewall and Antiviturs turned OFF
Strong internet connection
Engine ON

Activation:
1. Download the app that we'll sent you for activation (simple one click App)
2. Start the car, then connect cable to your car and computer
3. Launch the app. You will receive from us code to enter it in the app - it's for activation features that you bought
4. Enter the code
5. Click start
6. Wait about 5-6 minutes till everything is finished

No need to use special software, coding skills are not required.
Detailed instructions will be provided after purchase.
Assistance via Teamviewer is possible if needed.

Contact me on PM if you want the best price possible for Carplay activation, Fullscreen for CarPlay activation or VIM activation.

Here are the few photos how CarPlay on Fullscreen look like!
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2019, 01:54 PM   #48
kubax86
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
No_Country
Rep

Drives: M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by singh0226 View Post
Interested and will Private Message you

Okay!
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2019, 09:57 AM   #49
hoganscrogan
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition - DSG

Hey kubax86! I've got an M2 comp and didn't order the (extortionate) extended bluetooth pack so blocked from activating carplay via BMW, your solution sounds great, just a couple of Q's

Can you activate fullscreen with icons on right (I'm in UK so steering wheel on the correct side)

Are my original FSC codes backed up and restorable by your app? I have a lease car so would like to restore to factory on return (I'm aware of the BMW dealer update/idrive breakage issue)
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2019, 10:03 AM   #50
kubax86
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoganscrogan View Post
Hey kubax86! I've got an M2 comp and didn't order the (extortionate) extended bluetooth pack so blocked from activating carplay via BMW, your solution sounds great, just a couple of Q's

Can you activate fullscreen with icons on right (I'm in UK so steering wheel on the correct side)

Are my original FSC codes backed up and restorable by your app? I have a lease car so would like to restore to factory on return (I'm aware of the BMW dealer update/idrive breakage issue)

Hello,
1. yes could be activated on the right.
2. yes, they could be backed up and then they could be restored.
Write me PM with your VIN and we will check your options.

Thanks
Appreciate 1
      11-27-2019, 10:20 AM   #51
hoganscrogan
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kubax86 View Post
Hello,
1. yes could be activated on the right.
2. yes, they could be backed up and then they could be restored.
Write me PM with your VIN and we will check your options.

Thanks
Thanks mate, sounds good. I've only just registered so don't seem to be able to PM you yet, will pm VIN once I'm authorised!
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2019, 04:04 PM   #52
hoganscrogan
United Kingdom
Rep

Got my download link to the app and message with code. Plugged enet cable into M2 opened feature installer app, everything loaded and connected perfectly and process took about 10 minutes to complete. Detailed info and progress bars reassure you that all is working!

After initial install CarPlay menu didn’t show but a quick restart of the idrive made it pop up.

I used this guide to pair BMW to iPhone CarPlay

On pairing, after everything seemed to have worked, I kept getting an error saying process couldn’t complete at the very end (felt like Wi-Fi connect was struggling). After 4 attempts I started again. This time aT the final stage of connection where it says it could take some time I went to wifi on my iPhone and selected the bmw WiFi link, CarPlay link completed and everything is working perfectly now!

Not sure if it was a Wi-Fi problem (have a Wi-Fi antenna arriving tomorrow) or software weirdness but it’s working ok now!

Will see how it all works on commute tomorrow.

Recommend Kubax’s service, 100% fast and great value, cheers mate!

Last edited by hoganscrogan; 11-27-2019 at 04:18 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2019, 04:14 PM   #53
kubax86
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Got my download link to the app and message with code. Plugged enet cable into M2 opened feature installer app, everything loaded and connected perfectly and process took about 10 minutes to complete. Detailed info and progress bars reassure you that all is working!

After initial install CarPlay menu didn’t show but a quick restart of the idrive made it pop up.

On pairing I kept getting an error saying process couldn’t complete (felt like Wi-Fi connect was struggling). After 4 attempts I started again. At the final stage of connection where it says it could take some time I went to wifi on my iPhone and selected the bmw WiFi link, CarPlay link completed and everything is working perfectly now!

Not sure if it was a Wi-Fi problem (have a Wi-Fi antenna arriving tomorrow) or software weirdness but it’s working ok now!

Will see how it all works on commute tomorrow.

Recommend Kubax’s service, 100% fast and great value, cheers mate!
Thank you too!
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2019, 02:59 AM   #54
hoganscrogan
United Kingdom
Rep

Carplay worked perfectly on my commute today, makes Spotify and BBC Sounds so easy to use (previously used built in bluetooth BMW Spotify connection and while it 'usually' worked was very flakey and frustrating, and of course no BBC app). Detected and opened up automatically and ran smoothly.

Will install wifi antenna as if I move phone away from cup holder area it disconnects. However you could definitely live without adding this as there is the perfect space for your phone right in front of the cup holders (I have always used this *******, I just want the flexibility to use phone anywhere in car!

BTW full screen looks brilliant & sharp plus the battery/reception/icon menu is on the right for my UK car just as requested!
I'll post some pics of my wifi install and Carplay in operation this weekend.

Again highly recommend KUBAX'S service!

Last edited by hoganscrogan; 11-28-2019 at 03:05 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2019, 05:36 AM   #55
hoganscrogan
United Kingdom
Rep

BMW M2 Competition iDrive Dashboard removal << for Google

I've had carplay in use all week on my commute, works great but got a little stuttery and disconnected a couple of times when moving my phone away from just under the idrive.

So this morning I installed my £10 wifi antennae bought from amazon.

STEP 1 - Hardest bit was removing the carbon dash/airvent trim as the clips on the left side are pretty secure and I was worried about damaging. there are no youtube videos for this particular car to guide! A couple of trim tool helped and more force than I liked! It did eventually pop off with no damage, however the edge of the carbon is open weave and could definitely get damaged if care not taken!

STEP 2 - Remove radio/ac panel. This requires 2 x torx screws removing then pull evenly around edges to pop off from two lower clips holding bottom half of panel in place.

STEP 3 - Remove iDrive unit. The big silver box with all the electronic gubbins is held at the top by two torx screws. Remove these scews and then the unit just slides forward and out.

STEP 4 - Rotate the idrive unit to reveal back and the WLAN port (purple on my unit) is easily accessible. I plugged in my amazon FACRA wifi antenna then....

STEP 5 - My antenna had a plastic, paddle like end with a 3M adhesive pad on back. I routed this down to the bottom of dash using touch. There is a flat panel right behind where I was placing the phone in front of the cup holders, the antenna paddle fitted perfectly here and stuck in place, the bundled up excess antenna cable fits in the space above with plenty of room to spare.

STEP 6 - put everything back together!

NOTE: As you can see in the pictures I DID NOT disconnect the battery or ANY or the cables attached to the panels or drive units, there was enough slack to do the above with everything still connected and engine off. The only part in the way when installing/removing other units is the airvent panel. I just taped it to the back of the idrive screen to keep out of my way. I used towels and wooly hats to cover areas and parts that might get scratched by the exposed clips and metal edges of things.

Probably not recommended by pro's doing with all plugs in as everything is live but I couldn't be arsed doing it the right way! The wifi antenna doesn't really have much energy running through it and not likely to cause issues so I used this to justify my laziness.

CONCLUSION 15 minutes of work and I was testing my new antenna, Carplay works anywhere in the car now and seems to connect to my phone much quicker, well worth doing. As I said above the only tricky bit it getting the airvent panel off as the force needed feels uncomfortable! Rest was easy-peasy!

Last edited by hoganscrogan; 11-30-2019 at 05:44 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2019, 06:06 AM   #56
hoganscrogan
United Kingdom
Rep

BMW M2 Competition iDrive Dashboard Removal

Here are the pictures of my BMW M2 Competition iDrive Dashboard Removal
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-30-2019, 06:16 AM   #57
hoganscrogan
United Kingdom
Rep

BMW M2 Competition iDrive Dashboard Removal 002

The finished article and antenna I ordered in the UK, also seem widely available on ebay etc. for less £.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Attached Images

Last edited by hoganscrogan; 12-06-2019 at 04:40 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2019, 09:00 AM   #58
kubax86
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
The finished article
Awesome guide!
Thank you a lot!
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2019, 05:14 PM   #59
tomtritsio
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW 340i

I have firmware NBTevo_S. Will DM whenever the forum allows me to.
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2019, 10:45 AM   #60
kubax86
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomtritsio View Post
I have firmware NBTevo_S. Will DM whenever the forum allows me to.
Okay, waiting for contact.
Alternatively you can send mail: oempackbmw@gmail.com
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2019, 05:59 PM   #61
HLJustin
Private
Rep
Drives: 2017 Alpine White 340i

Just had this installed by Jakub today! Highly recommended installer with quick responses and pain free installation.

He was patient in answering all my questions prior to purchase and throughout installation was very attentive to progress to ensure everything went smoothly.

Thanks again Jakub!!!
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2019, 09:30 AM   #62
///M4ster Yoda
Banned
Rep
Drives: '16 F82 M4

Thanks Jakub. Pleasure to work with. Wife is loving Fullscreen CarPlay in our X3
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2019, 10:32 AM   #63
Shortcut19
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 F87

Hello Kubax86,
I'm gonna pick up my new (to me anyway) M2 on thursday, it's from april 2017, Can you help me to get carplay ?
Thanks in advance
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2020, 05:31 AM   #64
LEB961
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2020 M4

Hi. I am interested in having a full screen ApplePlay on my 2020 F82. How much would it cost ?
And is there any update on the ApplePlay software ? (Some times my phone does not pair properly)

Appreciate your kind assistance
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2020, 08:33 AM   #65
kubax86
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Issam-m4 View Post
Hi. I am interested in having a full screen ApplePlay on my 2020 F82. How much would it cost ?
And is there any update on the ApplePlay software ? (Some times my phone does not pair properly)

Appreciate your kind assistance
Please send me PM with your VIN
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2020, 01:43 PM   #66
adrianrt
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2019 530i

Garage List
Hi, I have a G30(2019 530i) and it already has apple CarPlay. I want to do screen mirroring from Apple devices. Can that be done?
Appreciate 0