proTUNING Freaks
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

09-17-2019, 10:56 AM   #1
GritsNGravy
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW F80 M3 Comp Package

BM3 Stage 2 93 Octane (AGG) Help

Hey all - appreciate the help/guidance on ANYTHING below ...

I recently upgraded my E93 ME to a a 2018 M3 Comp Package 6MT (so ZCP exhaust). I have just installed the CTSTURBO Catless Downpipe, and am looking into an air intake, and I have already purchased the BM3 tune but having a hard time deciding which one to go with, and potential concerns...

For the Stage 2 93 Octane (AGG for aggressive burble) tune I want to do they recommend catless downpipes and high-flow downpipes...
1. Am I stupid and thinking those two downpipes are different? I thought the high-flow downpipe was a midpipe?

2. Anyone running the BM3 Stage 2 93 Octane AGG with just catless dp's and zcp exhaust? Anything to be concerned about?
I read one review somewhere else that someone had poor performance with the AGG version without midpipe and went to stage 2 93 octane with much better results?

3. I have 93 octane readily available near my house at two different stations - but if traveling and I have a 93 octane tune, what happens when I put in 91?

4. Read ppl recommending deleting the secondary cats on a ZCP exhaust if you replaced your downpipes to catless and have a stage 2 93 octane BM3 tune? If I don't want to fork out for a MPPW exhaust, is this recommended and whats the work like? anything to be concerned about long-term?

5. AIR INTAKE - I am looking for recommendations. Want something under $500 that I can easily install myself. But I have seen people recommend drop in filters instead? What is the consensus here on gains difference and what sounds better or people recommend?

Thanks for anyone that can chime in!
//S
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2019, 03:10 PM   #2
nbennettksu
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: DV F80

1. Catless are "0 cats and not street legal friendly", while high flow has some of the converter still in there, just less than OEM. Dont waste the money on high-flow. If you're not cattless, buying the s2 tune is a waste.
2. I ran it before I switched to the e30 mix. No, nothing to be concerned about other than the norm, voiding the warranty and all that shit.
3. I would recommend buying the wifi agent, and if you're in a pinch, run the 93 empty, flash 91, fill with 91; off you go. I have the agent because e85 for the e30 mix isnt readily available where I am, so I can go back and forth.
4. I've thought about deleting the secondary cats with a midpipe; no, nothing to be concerned about if you don't delete them.
5. You may get a whole 8whp from intakes, if that; prob mor elike 0-5. However, they make it sound much better. If you want them for under $500, find some used in the marketplace like BMS.

Bam. Flash that thang and run it, worry free.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kchu221 View Post
the wheels make me mad...
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhabs View Post
It's one thing for some buffoon to put an M badge on something that doesn't deserve it...it's another for a multi-billion dollar corporation to do the exact same thing and keep a straight face.
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2019, 12:47 PM   #3
GritsNGravy
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW F80 M3 Comp Package

Thanks Nbennett!
Appreciate 0