Pandora Car Alarm System
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > M3/M4 versus...

03-19-2016, 11:09 AM   #485
dojokoto
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 328

Quote:
Originally Posted by visi107 View Post
Even in Europe BMW and Mercedes are priced higher than other cars like WV/fiat/peugeot for example. Go to their websites and build the car yourself. And yes even in Europe, BMW and Mercedes ABSOLUTELY are considered luxury cars. If you refuse to believe that then it's ok, we can agree to disagree, but you can't say a BMW/Mercedes in Europe is the equivalent to a Camry here bc that is just not true. I have relatives who live in Greece/Italy/Germany. I have walked inside European dealerships and i have seen the price differences myself as long as you compare similar car size/engine etc. I'm not comparing a car that is sold in the US to a car that is sold there.

My point with my original post was that, yes you can consider BMW/Mercedes a luxury car but it's not that exclusive like the other post referenced. Cadillac and Lincoln are also luxury cars, how exclusive are they? If you want a car that offers exclusivity then you have to pay much much more.
People want an exclusive car? They get a McLaren, Ferrari, Lambo, etc... The c63s and the M3/M4s of the world are very much so considered high end luxury, sports cars, but there's a difference between exclusive and high end/luxury. We can go even a step further and argue that m5/m6 and the e63s amg aren't exclusive but they are very premium and luxurious.

And whoever said that people can go waltz in and start leasing because they can't afford the car is misunderstood. Nowadays, it's possible at a certain time of the year one can finance a car that is cheaper than leasing - why does leasing have such a stigma? I can more than afford to purchase a car outright but if the rates are very good and if you have good credit (which many can't say they have which deters them from leasing in the first place) - why not do it?
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2016, 11:12 AM   #486
dojokoto
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 328

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixse View Post
I don't necessarily agree with above statement, but i do get that he has a point. Now days, you walk into bmw dealership, and you see all sorts of demographics. Now when people look into purchasing luxury items, they also want some form of exclusivity. Its what makes luxury items hold its value and appeal to those who have achieved something in their life. Pretty much 3 series has turned into a new honda accord. And how does that impact bmw brand image? Who knows.
Bmw is still very profitable company, they are just walking down a different paths then brands such as porsche, merc.
Is BMW really walking down different paths? I'd say in terms of technology and government appeal BMW is tapping more into the mass market, yes, I can agree with that, but does no one really remember the CLA campaign? Does no one recognize the unsurmountable amount of c250s/300s on the road?

How about porsche, they are making a 40,000+ vehicle the mini macan I believe - they are also attempting to downplay the mass market.
Appreciate 0