Coby Wheel
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > M3/M4 versus...

05-22-2015, 12:50 PM   #89
minn19
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 24 Z06, 23 CT4VBW, 22 PFinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sal Collaziano View Post
I think they already got the point...
^This, plus the ones that are really delusional are just going to remain that way and dig in.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2015, 01:38 PM   #90
pgviper
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3m40

A lot of people on here saying how its a cheaper car and blah blah blah...

MSRP for a 2015 5.0 is $52,450. Granted it comes almost fully loaded but it isn't exactly cheap. I guess every car priced below an F8x M3/4 is cheap and therefore you don't need to be a professional or "have a career" (like others have mentioned it) to own it.

Many condescending and arrogant posts in this thread. Its pretty depressing or possibly eye opening if you ask me.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2015, 01:49 PM   #91
VDBimmer
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: YMB F82

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgviper View Post

MSRP for a 2015 5.0 is $52,450. Granted it comes almost fully loaded but it isn't exactly cheap. I guess every car priced below an F8x M3/4 is cheap and therefore you don't need to be a professional or "have a career" (like others have mentioned it) to own it.

Many condescending and arrogant posts in this thread. Its pretty depressing or possibly eye opening if you ask me.
That is not the point of the argument though. I for one have multiple friends that drive Genesis and we don't look at each other as different 'tiers' of cars, we just each respect each other's taste in cars. Some of them are much more 'wealthier' than I am but they like that specific car for whatever reason and I respect that just like they respect my choice in cars.

It's just the theory that someone makes without valid evidence or any statistics that really irritates some people. I for one don't really care what any of the people on the hyundai forums have to say about their own cars, that is a matter that they are far more educated than me on. But, I will not have someone try to educate me on something that I am more educated on.

For instance, i don't mind if someone says that their genesis is the 'best car ever' even though we all know its not true. But it does bother me when someone compares it to my car and theorizes that it is better than mine.

You can brag about your car but you have no right to undermine mine (especially without any statistical data or evidence of some sort).
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2015, 01:53 PM   #92
CanAutM3
General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2021 911 turbo

Garage List
Sadly, that thread on the Genesis forum has now become an embarassement to M3/4 owners .

Some of you should be ashamed

Previous cars: M4cs 2019 F82 Limerock Grey / M4 2015 F82 Silverstone / M3 2008 E92 Silverstone / M3 2002 E46 Carbon Black

Last edited by CanAutM3; 05-22-2015 at 02:43 PM..
Appreciate 2
      05-22-2015, 01:54 PM   #93
pgviper
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDBimmer View Post
That is not the point of the argument though. I for one have multiple friends that drive Genesis and we don't look at each other as different 'tiers' of cars, we just each respect each other's taste in cars. Some of them are much more 'wealthier' than I am but they like that specific car for whatever reason and I respect that just like they respect my choice in cars.

It's just the theory that someone makes without valid evidence or any statistics that really irritates some people. I for one don't really care what any of the people on the hyundai forums have to say about their own cars, that is a matter that they are far more educated than me on. But, I will not have someone try to educate me on something that I am more educated on.

For instance, i don't mind if someone says that their genesis is the 'best car ever' even though we all know its not true. But it does bother me when someone compares it to my car and theorizes that it is better than mine.

You can brag about your car but you have no right to undermine mine (especially without any statistical data or evidence of some sort).
Like the undermining of owners which is exactly what is going on in this thread.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2015, 01:56 PM   #94
VDBimmer
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: YMB F82

Quote:
Like the undermining of owners which is exactly what is going on in this thread.
I see where you are coming from, but it's really not that serious from the M end. We were not the ones that started bragging about how powerful our cars are over theirs.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2015, 01:56 PM   #95
myzmak
Advocatus Douchebagus. Sex Marxist.
Canada
Rep
Drives: Lucy.

Garage List
2015 F80 M3  [10.00]
2013 MB E350 Wagon  [10.00]
Quote:

You may be naïve about car owners if it is eye opening or surprising to you.

They can be just as narrow minded and petty, but also funny and genuine as anyone.

Anyway, yeah, the Genesis is a good inexpensive car. And that is it. And it is funny that some people try to make it more than that. Just as it would be if I tried to compare my M3 to a 458.
      05-22-2015, 01:58 PM   #96
Wah
IG@i.am.wah
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2 CS

Garage List
The whole thing has gotten a little juvenile... but fuck it. It's hilarious.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2015, 02:00 PM   #97
Brady1984
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3

I ran into a Hyundai Genesis Coupe today and I think this will put the whole thing to rest pretty quick. Sorry for the iPhone video but I saw it and got nervous.
      05-22-2015, 02:01 PM   #98
pgviper
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDBimmer View Post
I see where you are coming from, but it's really not that serious from the M end. We were not the ones that started bragging about how powerful our cars are over theirs.
Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by myzmak View Post
You may be naïve about car owners if it is eye opening or surprising to you.

They can be just as narrow minded and petty, but also funny and genuine as anyone.

Anyway, yeah, the Genesis is a good inexpensive car. And that is it. And it is funny that some people try to make it more than that. Just as it would be if I tried to compare my M3 to a 458.
Again, I am not talking about the cars. I am talking about the owners. I see members from this forum writing generalized condescending posts about Hyundal owners (meanwhile its a $50k hyundal, no matter what the brand, that is $50k spent on a car). To reiterate, my posts imply NOTHING about the cars.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2015, 02:02 PM   #99
pgviper
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brady1984 View Post
I ran into a Hyundai Genesis Coupe today and I think this will put the whole thing to rest pretty quick. Sorry for the iPhone video but I saw it and got nervous.
I don't see hyundal forum members making bimmerpost accounts on here to harass you because you still don't understand that we are all talking about the 5.0 v8 SEDANNNNN and not the coupe.
Appreciate 1
      05-22-2015, 02:04 PM   #100
Brady1984
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3

Quote:
I don't see hyundal forum members making bimmerpost accounts on here to harass you because you still don't understand that we are all talking about the 5.0 v8 SEDANNNNN and not the coupe.
OOOOOOH, I got it; I take what I can get man. If the Sedannnnnnn is any tougher than the Coupe we are all in trouble.
      05-22-2015, 02:06 PM   #101
pgviper
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
OOOOOOH, I got it; I take what I can get man. If the Sedannnnnnn is any tougher than the Coupe we are all in trouble.
You know it!!!
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2015, 02:13 PM   #102
myzmak
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2015 F80 M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Again, I am not talking about the cars. I am talking about the owners. I see members from this forum writing generalized condescending posts about Hyundal owners (meanwhile its a $50k hyundal, no matter what the brand, that is $50k spent on a car). To reiterate, my posts imply NOTHING about the cars.
I know you are talking about the owners.

I repeat: if the comments on this thread or the thread on the Hyundai site really surprise you, you are naïve about human nature.

Some folks here are funny and insightful, some are wickedly sarcastic, some are dicks, some just ride along. That is pretty common anywhere. Why would it be surprising that this place is just like everywhere else?

(have you ever browsed around? There are threads on posting pictures of watches, on people's occupations, on how much one should earn before shelling out for this kind of car (with wildly divergent views)).

I expect your language of surprise was intended to be a bit dramatic - but if not....welcome to reality bub.
      05-22-2015, 02:15 PM   #103
pgviper
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by myzmak View Post
I know you are talking about the owners.

I repeat: if the comments on this thread or the thread on the Hyundai site really surprise you, you are naïve about human nature.

Some folks here are funny and insightful, some are wickedly sarcastic, some are dicks, some just ride along. That is pretty common anywhere. Why would it be surprising that this place is just like everywhere else?

(have you ever browsed around? There are threads on posting pictures of watches, on people's occupations, on how much one should earn before shelling out for this kind of car (with wildly divergent views)).

I expect your language of surprise was intended to be a bit dramatic - but if not....welcome to reality bub.
I get it. One should not expect much from a car forum.

Anyway, have a great weekend all, drive safe and remember why we get Monday off.

Thank you to all of our service members out there!
Appreciate 1
      05-22-2015, 02:16 PM   #104
Sal Collaziano
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW X5

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
That video was hilarous. Perfect timing. Yeah, the Genesis coupe has nothing on the M3 and neither does the sedan. However, they're excellent cars.
      05-22-2015, 02:20 PM   #105
Wah
IG@i.am.wah
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2 CS

Garage List
Quote:
Someone has to post this on the genny forum
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2015, 02:30 PM   #106
nicknaz
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: C6Z

Hey maybe the mods can pay for track time so we can see the stock drivetrain/hoosiers/brake pads/alignment f8x do the 1.49.xx lap at BW Cw13 while genesis forum OP with genesis sedan type R 5.0 tries to do the same
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2015, 02:43 PM   #107
Warranty P
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: F83

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASAP View Post
The genny zone... lol wut

More like the Jenny Craig zone...
Bro! Hahahaha
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2015, 02:47 PM   #108
myzmak
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2015 F80 M3  [10.00]
Quote:
I get it. One should not expect much from a car forum.

Anyway, have a great weekend all, drive safe and remember why we get Monday off.

Thank you to all of our service members out there!
Hey, I don't get Monday off!

(ok, I DID get last Monday off.....but that was in thanks to a Queen that has been dead for over 100 years. Can I just take this Monday off and drink some beer in honor of her again? Asking for a friend.....)
      05-22-2015, 02:49 PM   #109
Ghetto2315
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 16' BMW i8

Garage List
I had an 10' Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track - 6MT before my 12' E92 M3 and that Gen Coupe would have a hard time keeping up with that, let alone my current 15' F82 M4. The Genesis Sedan with the Tau V8 would be more on the lines of a 335i/435i comparo in terms of performance. Any E9X or F8X M car would murder both Coupe and Sedan Genesis.

Sadly, when I had my Gen Coupe, I thought that I was just as fast as an M3 to the point where I believed it. Had I known then what I knew now, I would kick my own ass for ever thinking that...
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2015, 02:55 PM   #110
Sal Collaziano
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW X5

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghetto2315 View Post
I had an 10' Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track - 6MT before my 12' E92 M3 and that Gen Coupe would have a hard time keeping up with that, let alone my current 15' F82 M4. The Genesis Sedan with the Tau V8 would be more on the lines of a 335i/435i comparo in terms of performance. Any E9X or F8X M car would murder both Coupe and Sedan Genesis.

Sadly, when I had my Gen Coupe, I thought that I was just as fast as an M3 to the point where I believed it. Had I known then what I knew now, I would kick my own ass for ever thinking that...
As time goes on we grow to appreciate bigger and better things. But it's not a bad thing to appreciate what you have. That sounds like where you were. Nothing wrong with that.