BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > M3/M4 versus...

Closed Thread

11-25-2015, 07:13 AM   #23
CSanto
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BSM/SO M3

The coupe with the wider track and ability to fit wider tires is going to be a quarter mile beast. It will run 10s easily
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2015, 07:36 AM   #24
///Mpossible
Banned
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSanto
The coupe with the wider track and ability to fit wider tires is going to be a quarter mile beast. It will run 10s easily
The sedan already fit 305s so it's safe to say the coupe wont have any problem with traction!
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2015, 05:44 AM   #25
BoosTonian
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 MB C63 S AMG Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Mpossible
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASAP
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Mpossible View Post
Someone on MB forum ran 11.01@126.76mph with just a piggyback tune and MS109, so they should run in the 10s with just bolt-ons and MS109. What did the fastest stock turbo F8x ran and what were the mods?
Unless, I am wrong, a stock turbo car went 11.2 and another trapped 128...

In other words, for a v8, i dont see this as being revolutionary at all, or at least there is no proper margin that one would expect.
Yeah 11.2, but with what!? Intake, downpipes, methanol and race gas, that's far from 11.01 with just MS109. You can bet that a C63 with just downpipes and MS109 is a 10sec car, can you say the same about the F8x, eventhough it weight 300-400lbs less and supposedly make tons of power!?! And don't forget that the C63 only arrived on the market for 7-8 months ago, the F8x has been on the market for something like ~20months, so there are tons more modded F8x in the street and at the drag strip and yet, some C63s have already beaten the fastests times of stock turbos and upgraded turbos F8xs, and with less mods on top of that. 10.5 on pump gas is FAST!! How can half of the people in this thread not find the M177 impressive is beyond me, only on this forum you see that!

Seriously, you have a 4.0L V8 that can make 600hp with just a tune on regular pump gas in a ~$65k AMG with a sound to dream of, what else could you want from this engine!?!

I think people aren't impressed because you have a engine that is two cylinders more with a whole extra liter of displacement..the car is already starting at over 500hp, so to get to over 600 is like the f80 going from 400ish wheel to 500ish wheel with a tune and race gas.

It's the same gains just at different starting points and different engine sizes. Does the c63 have more potential? Of course. It's stupid for anyone to say it does not. But the fact that it's running close to the same times as stock and modded f8x says something about the vehicle as a whole.

retired: GranTurismo MC, Giulia Quadrifoglio, B8.5 RS5, Q60 RedSport, e82 135, F80, e92 M3, e90 M3, (2) e92 335, B8 S4, C209 CLK55 AMG, e46 330
Appreciate 1
      11-27-2015, 08:03 AM   #26
///Mpossible
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MThree_driver
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASAP
Quote:
Someone on MB forum ran 11.01@126.76mph with just a piggyback tune and MS109, so they should run in the 10s with just bolt-ons and MS109. What did the fastest stock turbo F8x ran and what were the mods?
Unless, I am wrong, a stock turbo car went 11.2 and another trapped 128...

In other words, for a v8, i dont see this as being revolutionary at all, or at least there is no proper margin that one would expect.
Yeah 11.2, but with what!? Intake, downpipes, methanol and race gas, that's far from 11.01 with just MS109. You can bet that a C63 with just downpipes and MS109 is a 10sec car, can you say the same about the F8x, eventhough it weight 300-400lbs less and supposedly make tons of power!?! And don't forget that the C63 only arrived on the market for 7-8 months ago, the F8x has been on the market for something like ~20months, so there are tons more modded F8x in the street and at the drag strip and yet, some C63s have already beaten the fastests times of stock turbos and upgraded turbos F8xs, and with less mods on top of that. 10.5 on pump gas is FAST!! How can half of the people in this thread not find the M177 impressive is beyond me, only on this forum you see that!

Seriously, you have a 4.0L V8 that can make 600hp with just a tune on regular pump gas in a ~$65k AMG with a sound to dream of, what else could you want from this engine!?!

I think people aren't impressed because you have a engine that is two cylinders more with a whole extra liter of displacement..the car is already starting at over 500hp, so to get to over 600 is like the f80 going from 400ish wheel to 500ish wheel with a tune and race gas.

It's the same gains just at different starting points and different engine sizes. Does the c63 have more potential? Of course. It's stupid for anyone to say it does not. But the fact that it's running close to the same times as stock and modded f8x says something about the vehicle as a whole.
It's clear IMO that the real reason why some people in this thread are saying that the M177 is not impressive is because they are trying to justify their love for the F8x. Usually they would have said something like: "Yeah but the M will smoke the AMG in the curves..." But since this ain't true anymore all they can say to discredit the C63 is that it does'nt make enough power for the displacement. While in reality, it is much more powerfull than the S55 with equal mods, it's just that the car weight more wich compensate for some of that extra power, but the C63 is still without a doupt the faster car.

A stage 1 ECU tune on 93 octane will give you ~600hp on the C63, to reach 600hp with the F8x you need down pipes, race gas and methanol and you end up with an engine that fall on it's face at ~5500rpm, so don't tell me the extra two cylinder and one liter of displacement are not worth it!! LOL

Also don't forget that the C63 only needed new turbos, down pipes and intake to run the 10.51. The F8x needed a MUCH longer list of mods to run 10.6-10.7, it needed new turbos, down pipes and intake just like the C63, but it also needed new DCT clutchs as well as methanol and race gas, so all of that to run a slower time than the ~4000lbs C63. Not sure how can any unbiased enthousiast be disappointed by the C63 or M177 performance!
Appreciate 2
      11-28-2015, 12:41 PM   #27
TrevorM3
Banned
Rep
Drives: 6.3 AMG

hahahah, so much butthurt. especially mr. "not impressed"
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2015, 09:20 PM   #28
Never Convicted
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevorM3 View Post
hahahah, so much butthurt. especially mr. "not impressed"
Lol...from one of the remaining members of the E9X forum. Remember when your car was relevant?
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2015, 09:43 PM   #29
TrevorM3
Banned
Rep
Drives: 6.3 AMG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Never Convicted View Post
Lol...from one of the remaining members of the E9X forum. Remember when your car was relevant?

what? i don't even have an M.
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2015, 04:03 PM   #30
04cobra
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3 - 6MT

Lemme know when it can do this with minimal modifications
Metco upper pulley (18psi)
ATI Lower Pulley
Catless mid-pipes
3.09 Rear gear swap
Driveshaft Shop driveshaft
Diablosport CMR tune by HHP and HEMITUNER Performance
902hp/866tq

Appreciate 0
      11-29-2015, 04:25 PM   #31
rmedeir1
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW MW M4 - MPE, CCBs, all CF

I park next to a guy at work with the C63S and even thought the numbers listed above are impressive I still would not get it over M4. Reason being is I like the way my car looks.
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2015, 04:47 PM   #32
yellowssm
Captain
Rep
Drives: 16 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04cobra View Post
ATI Lower Pulley
Catless mid-pipes
3.09 Rear gear swap
902hp/866tq

So what still can't handle worth a damn and ugly as sin
Appreciate 1
      11-29-2015, 05:08 PM   #33
///Mpossible
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04cobra
ATI Lower Pulley
Catless mid-pipes
3.09 Rear gear swap
902hp/866tq

That is crazy fast but let's be realistic, you are comparing a 700hp 6.2L to a 500hp 4.0L, the expectations should'nt be the same. But I'm sure the M177/178 is destined to a great future.
Appreciate 1
      11-29-2015, 07:07 PM   #34
BMW M4 PWR
Major
Rep
Drives: Austin Yellow 6-spd manual M4

Thumbs down

For the Benz trolls on this thread lol...

Why are do you trying to insinuate the C63 made 699whp with "minimal mods" when you stated just before it that it also had *UPGRADED turbos* along with supporting mods to it lol!? The M4 did the same thing (708rwhp) with a just a $795 piggyback, DP's and meth on the stock 6-speed... outta of 2 less cylinders and 1 liter less displacement! You keep bringing up "octane" as an issue lol.. Who cares!? It's specific HP per liter is significantly higher than the big Benz v8, not rocket science here. As soon as PI with flex fuel is available for the S55 (already been engineered, tested and will be available for mass market in a couple months) it's game over... octane will be a non-issue as anyone can just pump E85 in their S55 powered F8X's for less $$$ than 87oct piss fuel

Like stated earlier, not impressive at all considering the S55 was already achieving the modded c63s numbers long ago with 25% less displacement and cylinders lol... the hallmark of a true racing engine ...next...

ps: Benz C classes always had a reputation of having no styling what so ever, but the c63 has got to take the cake on being the MOST butt ugly, uninspiring, and bland looking boat I'd seen... geez, you couldn't PAY me to own that car. I'd take an Audi over it lol..

However, these facts all won't matter to trolls on here (which in 99.9% cases are just broke-a$$ forum geeks that can't afford either of these cars new to begin with lol) just looking to simply stir up something on forum they contribute nothing to

...Now carry-on how the c63 is a modern day 4000lb McLaren F1... LOL!

Last edited by BMW M4 PWR; 11-29-2015 at 07:31 PM..
Appreciate 1
      11-29-2015, 07:43 PM   #35
///Mpossible
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW M4 PWR

Why are do you trying to insinuate the C63 made 699whp with "minimal mods" when you stated just before it that it also had *UPGRADED turbos* along with supporting mods to it lol!? The M4 did the same thing (708rwhp) with a just a $795 piggyback, DP's and meth on the stock 6-speed... outta of 2 less cylinders and 1 liter less displacement! You keep bringing up "octane" as an issue lol.. Who cares!? It's specific HP per liter is significantly higher than the big Benz v8, not rocket science here. As soon as PI with flex fuel is available for the S55 (already been engineered, tested and will be available for mass market in a couple months) it's game over... octane will be a non-issue as anyone can just pump E85 in their S55 powered F8X's for less $$$ than 87oct piss fuel

Like stated earlier, not impressive at all considering the S55 was already achieving the modded c63s numbers long ago with 25% less displacement and cylinders lol... the hallmark of a true racing engine ...next...

ps: Benz C classes always had a reputation of having no styling what so ever, but the c63 has got to take the cake on being the MOST butt ugly, uninspiring, and bland looking boat I'd seen... geez, you couldn't PAY me to own that car. I'd take an Audi over it lol..

However, these facts all won't matter to trolls on here (which in 99.9% cases are just broke-a$$ forum geeks that can't afford either of these cars new to begin with lol) just looking to simply stir up something on forum they contribute nothing to

Feeling better now? :

Personnaly I don't care at all for performance/liter, what I care for is performance and emotions, this is where the M177 shines IMO. It sounds glorious and makes ~100hp more than a S55 with equal mods. If BMW decided to shoot itself in the foot(horsepower wise) by going with a small 3L, it's not my problem, Mercedes gives a V8 4.0L for the same price so the choice is easy now that both cars have good handling.
Appreciate 2
      11-30-2015, 07:40 AM   #36
BoosTonian
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 MB C63 S AMG Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:

Feeling better now? :

Personnaly I don't care at all for performance/liter, what I care for is performance and emotions, this is where the M177 shines IMO. It sounds glorious and makes ~100hp more than a S55 with equal mods. If BMW decided to shoot itself in the foot(horsepower wise) by going with a small 3L, it's not my problem, Mercedes gives a V8 4.0L for the same price so the choice is easy now that both cars have good handling.
You seriously are going to bring up how it makes ~100 more hp with equal mods when the m4 starts at 425 and the c63s makes 510 to start. Simple math here. If it didn't then I'd be concerned.

510+100 = ~610
425+100 = ~525

Difference = ~85hp

(Incase you were wondering)

retired: GranTurismo MC, Giulia Quadrifoglio, B8.5 RS5, Q60 RedSport, e82 135, F80, e92 M3, e90 M3, (2) e92 335, B8 S4, C209 CLK55 AMG, e46 330
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2015, 07:52 AM   #37
dmk08
Gone Fishin’
United_States
Rep
Drives: Walks

Quote:
Feeling better now? :

Well I dont think BMW cared about the upgrade ability for strait line racing when they designed the M3/M4. Think about the use cases the F8x was designed for and decide if they really "shot themselves in the foot".
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2015, 07:54 AM   #38
///Mpossible
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MThree_driver
Quote:
Quote:

Feeling better now? :

You seriously are going to bring up how it makes ~100 more hp with equal mods when the m4 starts at 425 and the c63s makes 510 to start. Simple math here. If it didn't then I'd be concerned.

510+100 = ~610
425+100 = ~525

Difference = ~85hp

(Incase you were wondering)
Well, no one said the S55 was'nt impressive(for a 3L).
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2015, 08:14 AM   #39
auf Deutsch
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 jackrabbit on crystal meth

Garage List
2017 BMW M2  [0.00]
And why the hell are some people still saying the C63S is the same price as the M3/4?
2017 BSM M2|6MT|Exec|black kidneys and gills|full alcantara wheel|CF spoiler|Dinan Stage 4|Dinan COI|Dinan free flow exhaust with resonator delete|Fabspeed sport cat DP|BMS clutch stop|465 bhp|4.75/5 stars

retired: 2014 435xi|MPPK|335 bhp|3/5 stars
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2015, 08:15 AM   #40
///Mpossible
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmk08
Quote:
Feeling better now? :

Well I dont think BMW cared about the upgrade ability for strait line racing when they designed the M3/M4. Think about the use cases the F8x was designed for and decide if they really "shot themselves in the foot".
You are right, they did'nt care. They probably went with a smaller 3L in an attempt to save weight and developpement cost but in the end, eventhough the M3/M4 is lighter then most of its competitors, it is not faster around a track. So we're left with a weird sounding 6cyl that can't match the power potential of its F/I rivals, so I would tend to say that yes, they kind of shot themselves in the foot with that engine.
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2015, 08:17 AM   #41
///Mpossible
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by auf Deutsch
And why the hell are some people still saying the C63S is the same price as the M3/4?
The C63 is and it has the exact same engine as the C63S!
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2015, 08:23 AM   #42
auf Deutsch
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 jackrabbit on crystal meth

Garage List
2017 BMW M2  [0.00]
Quote:
Yes but, it's not 100 HP more than S55 stock or otherwise equally modded.
2017 BSM M2|6MT|Exec|black kidneys and gills|full alcantara wheel|CF spoiler|Dinan Stage 4|Dinan COI|Dinan free flow exhaust with resonator delete|Fabspeed sport cat DP|BMS clutch stop|465 bhp|4.75/5 stars

retired: 2014 435xi|MPPK|335 bhp|3/5 stars
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2015, 08:36 AM   #43
///Mpossible
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by auf Deutsch
Quote:
Yes but, it's not 100 HP more than S55 stock or otherwise equally modded.
I have'nt said it was making 100hp more in stock form(although the C63S is close to it), unless you mean that you consider two cars that are stock to be equally "modded", I personnaly refer to this as being unmodded.
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2015, 03:36 PM   #44
F85FTW
Private
Rep
Drives: x5m

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW M4 PWR View Post

*MASSIVE FAN BOY ALERT*

You obviously have no idea about turbos motors and the importance of octane. Why would it not matter? If the c63s made 699whp on 93 pump gas what do you think it will make with 100% meth injection and race gas in the tank? The pure turbo m4 on pump gas made 518whp that's a massive difference. So on the same gas the m4 made 518whp and the c63s made 699 whp that's a 181whp difference. When given race gas and then meth injection on top the m4 just barely eclipsed what the c63 made on pump gas but expect a similar difference when the c63s is tuned for race gas+ meth. In turbo cars with the octane of race gas plus the extra octane and IAT cooling of meth injection you are able to raise boost through the roof without detonation that you would get with pump gas/no meth its not rocket science.

While I agree the m4 is the overall better car as a sports car its unbelievable the lengths fan boys will go to defend the m4's honor. When it comes to raw muscle and power the m177 will clearly beat the s55 just like the s63tu v8 from the m5/6 will clearly beat the m177. The s55 is far from a "true racing engine" it doesn't even have a true dry sump and not being used in any BMW motorsport divisions. The fanboy is oozing out of your pores
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread