BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics

09-06-2017, 01:36 PM   #1
Raizon
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M4

Backup Camera at Night

Are people with Alpine White or Mineral White still having issues with the backup camera being too dark at night? I read a couple of older threads back in 2014-2015) that the light reflecting off our white bumpers is causing the lighting to be off which causes the camera to come up darker. I have the 2018 model and it doesn't seem BMW has fixed this issue because I can't see anything at night.

Does anyone have a solution to this? Do I have to tape it as suggested in the older posts? I had a White S5 previously and never had issues at night. Seems to be a big fail for BMW if this issue has been going on for years and still not fix from them.
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2019, 10:41 AM   #2
jaydenwjc
Rep
Drives: 2017 F80 ZCP 6MT

Hi OP, I've been searching online to fix this issue, not much found other than duck taping some of the license plates LED. Any fix to this? I recently purchased a 2017 Alpine white.Thx.
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2019, 11:41 AM   #3
Deleted-User
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: N/A

I had the exact same issue with my Alpine White M3 so I changed some parameters in order to deactivate the license plate lights whenever the car goes into reverse. While it definitely helped the situation, it didn’t completely solve it. —hope this helps!

MAPPING_UNIVERSAL_2_OUTPUT Werte=00(off) >> Werte=22(kzl)
MAPPING_UNIVERSAL_2_PART_OF_WL not_active >> hard_on
MAPPING_UNIVERSAL_2_FUNCTION Werte=0C(bremslicht) >> Werte=0F(rfs)
MAPPING_UNIVERSAL_2_PRIORITY Werte=02(priority_2) >> Werte=00(priority_0)
MAPPING_UNIVERSAL_2_FIXED_PWM Werte=00(pwm) >> Werte=01(fixed)

To adjust the KZL (license plate light) brightness, change the following value in hex:

MAPPING_UNIVERSAL_2_PWM_LEVEL_1 Werte=00(off) >> Werte=00 to 64(10)
Appreciate 0