Next Level Auto Brokers
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > M3/M4 versus...

05-14-2021, 12:40 PM   #7349
Thescout13
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '20 F80 M3CS, %E2%80%9818 GT3

Quote:
Originally Posted by minn19 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by F8SEVEN View Post
I think it's the classic, "I got screwed so you should too," mentality. For whatever reason, one thing that's been great about bimmerpost is that it's always seemed like we're all in it together against the dealers. With Porsche/RL, it seems some people have their "dealer" and they get all fussy if you get a better deal, especially at their dealer. Perhaps they know that if they continue to get reamed, the dealer will continue to give them allocations. Of course they will!

I must have missed this, how do you like the CGTS 4.0? I think it's the overall best car Porsche makes right now and I'd be between it and a C2S for order next summer for ED, provided I could find one. I won't go to silly town though.
Its awesome, I don't have the time to be a track rat so I love that I get the "GT" drivetrain with a friendlier DD suspension set up. Plus, I can still do the couple of HPDEs/autcross events with it if I have the chance to make one.

Other big considerations for me getting the GTS 4.0 over the GT4 was tires. I like that mine came with PS4S. I don't like DDing on R comp Cup 2s etc. I would've had to buy two extra sets of wheels/tires instead of just one extra winter set. Also you can get some options on the GTS like comfort access etc that aren't available on the GT4. I had a M4CS without it and it wasn't a deal breaker, but I did miss it quite a bit.

I know a lot of people, especially on Rennlist will say the GTS 4.0 shouldn't exist and just go to the GT4 etc. But I'm glad they made it because for people like me it is just about a perfect fun sports car. On the road you won't notice much of a performance difference between the two/at least you shouldn't. If you are pushing that hard on public roads then that brings up other issues.

For me it was fairly simple, if you are a track rat get the GT4, if you are just wanting a weekend toy/fun sports car than get the B/CGTS 4.0. I also get these are emotional purchases and if you want the top trim line/most aggressive or just like the looks.....then by all means jump into the GT4/Spyder hunger games.
Easy for other forum members to tell you to go buy the more expensive one you don't need when it's not their money to spend lol.
Wife's Prior Car: 2018 F80 M3, Yas Marina Blue, DCT, Black 19s, Carbon Structure Anthracite Cloth/Leather Combination, Driving Assistance Package (Euro Delivery Oct. 9, 2017)
Appreciate 2
minn1913970.00
Arcades8136.50
      05-14-2021, 12:51 PM   #7350
minn19
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 24 Z06, 23 CT4VBW, 22 PFinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thescout13 View Post
Easy for other forum members to tell you to go buy the more expensive one you don't need when it's not their money to spend lol.
Agreed, but price wasn't the concern as it was actually pretty close between what my Cayman cost and the GT4s I was looking at. I'm guessing the better resale of the GT4 would of had me come out ahead in the end between the two. Maybe I should, but I don't buy my fun cars based on that though.
Appreciate 1
Thescout134944.00
      05-14-2021, 12:58 PM   #7351
minn19
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Key piece of what you wrote right here in bold. I think forums should be the vehicle of last resort after exploring all avenues.
Not the way I would have handled it right away, but I get why he and others do it. I think it is overall beneficial for the enthusiast community as a whole IMO as it could save someone a real headache etc down the line. Good to know who honors agreements and who doesn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcades View Post
This is why I always do things in person.

It is an old school way of going about it but dealerships cannot flak you.

It is also why I tend to only do business through contacts or family. Otherwise I don't. I hate doing things blind otherwise I'd be like all those Tesla weirdos.
Agreed, I try to do this as well.

Also, replying to a previous post of yours. I don't think this a blame Porsche issue. Don't get me wrong, they do plenty of stuff that they should be blamed for that contributes to things like this. Any way, I think in this specific situation it is just between the dealer and the customer.
Appreciate 2
Arcades8136.50
Thescout134944.00
      05-14-2021, 01:45 PM   #7352
irunalot
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Porsche Carrera S

Quote:
This is why I always do things in person.

It is an old school way of going about it but dealerships cannot flak you.

It is also why I tend to only do business through contacts or family. Otherwise I don't. I hate doing things blind otherwise I'd be like all those Tesla weirdos.
This was in person, my friend introduced me to the GM face to face. He then told me the situation and that I was OK to sell my car.
Appreciate 1
minn1913970.00
      05-14-2021, 01:53 PM   #7353
minn19
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by irunalot View Post
This was in person, my friend introduced me to the GM face to face. He then told me the situation and that I was OK to sell my car.
Damn, savage. I'd be pissed to.
Appreciate 1
irunalot1515.50
      05-14-2021, 02:15 PM   #7354
irunalot
Captain
United_States
Rep

Yeah I was gutted. The Porsche GT Hunger Games are cut throat…

Sad part is that so many "good customers" just flip the cars. Those same dealers are selling them on consignment for those same good customers. That's what happened I my case. They had at least 3 GT3s on consignment from good customers. Even admitted it.

While guys who actually want the car complain on forums as we get the shaft over and over.
Appreciate 1
minn1913970.00
      05-14-2021, 02:41 PM   #7355
Arcades
In The Rain
Rep
Drives: '24 GT4RS, '24 Macan GTS

Garage List
Quote:

Sad part is that so many "good customers" just flip the cars. Those same dealers are selling them on consignment for those same good customers. That's what happened I my case. They had at least 3 GT3s on consignment from good customers. Even admitted it.

While guys who actually want the car complain on forums as we get the shaft over and over.
That isn't right.

Which dealership was this if you don't mind me asking?
      05-14-2021, 03:18 PM   #7356
irunalot
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

That isn't right.

Which dealership was this if you don't mind me asking?
As much as I want to say who I will take the high road and not throw them under the bus. I will say I ended up vindicated when their shady dealings made national news a few years later.
Appreciate 3
minn1913970.00
Arcades8136.50
      05-14-2021, 06:59 PM   #7357
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:

I saw this happen with a Turbo S too.
Appreciate 1
irunalot1515.50
      05-14-2021, 07:02 PM   #7358
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
Reading that RL thread makes me fear getting the shaft. I don't think it'll truly happen to me, but....damn. I'm glad it worked out for him.
From what I understand, much less likely to happen on a non-GT car. My SA put everything in writing for me without me even asking for it. Is it binding? No. But he has a great reputation according to some of the Turbo buyers on RL and it gives me some comfort compared to nearly every BMW dealer I have ever worked with that avoids putting anything in writing like the plague.
Got it.

My status shows V070 or something like that. The next step is V200? What happens after that?
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2021, 08:34 PM   #7359
Thescout13
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Reading that RL thread makes me fear getting the shaft. I don't think it'll truly happen to me, but....damn. I'm glad it worked out for him.
From what I understand, much less likely to happen on a non-GT car. My SA put everything in writing for me without me even asking for it. Is it binding? No. But he has a great reputation according to some of the Turbo buyers on RL and it gives me some comfort compared to nearly every BMW dealer I have ever worked with that avoids putting anything in writing like the plague.
Got it.

My status shows V070 or something like that. The next step is V200? What happens after that?
Once you get to V200 you get a "determined delivery date" which will tell you your lock date (for options) production date, and delivery date. You'll also be able to track tour car on Track my Dream if you haven't yet. Best way I've learned to describe it is to think of v200 as having an allocation in hand and while V70 is a request for allocation at that build (though not exactly like that if you have a commission number).
Wife's Prior Car: 2018 F80 M3, Yas Marina Blue, DCT, Black 19s, Carbon Structure Anthracite Cloth/Leather Combination, Driving Assistance Package (Euro Delivery Oct. 9, 2017)
Appreciate 1
Sedan_Clan24809.50
      05-14-2021, 09:21 PM   #7360
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Got it.

Once you get to V200 you get a "determined delivery date" which will tell you your lock date (for options) production date, and delivery date. You'll also be able to track tour car on Track my Dream if you haven't yet. Best way I've learned to describe it is to think of v200 as having an allocation in hand and while V70 is a request for allocation at that build (though not exactly like that if you have a commission number).
Got it!
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2021, 09:23 PM   #7361
Thescout13
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Got it.

Got it!
https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-...ing-guide.html
Appreciate 1
Sedan_Clan24809.50
      05-14-2021, 09:56 PM   #7362
Arcades
In The Rain
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Mine shows "V060 - Order Demand Created" actually.
      05-14-2021, 10:01 PM   #7363
clutchdj
Colonel
Rep
Drives: a few cars

Where are you guys getting technical specs or training manuals... on GT cars?
I did not see it RL.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2021, 10:05 PM   #7364
Thescout13
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Mine shows "V060 - Order Demand Created" actually.
Read the thread I linked above which has a good breakdown. Haven't heard of V60 (doesn't mean it doesn't exist lol) but I'm very new to Porsche world so what I say doesn't mean shit lol.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2021, 10:10 PM   #7365
Arcades
In The Rain
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Read the thread I linked above which has a good breakdown. Haven't heard of V60 (doesn't mean it doesn't exist lol) but I'm very new to Porsche world so what I say doesn't mean shit lol.
Oh no I seen it lol.

That's why I am slightly confused as most say it's V070. I don't know the exact meaning of it. I been googling since April but came up empty.
Attached Images

Thescout134944.00
      05-14-2021, 10:22 PM   #7366
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Got it.

Got it!
https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-...ing-guide.html
Thanks for that. It explains a lot.
Appreciate 1
Thescout134944.00
      05-14-2021, 10:41 PM   #7367
minn19
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Oh no I seen it lol.

That's why I am slightly confused as most say it's V070. I don't know the exact meaning of it. I been googling since April but came up empty.
Isn’t that Porsches version of a wish/waiting list? IIRC once an allocation opens for the order it changes status then? Sorry if I’m wrong here, but that is my vague understanding of it.
Appreciate 1
Thescout134944.00
      05-14-2021, 10:52 PM   #7368
Arcades
In The Rain
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Isn’t that Porsches version of a wish/waiting list? IIRC once an allocation opens for the order it changes status then? Sorry if I’m wrong here, but that is my vague understanding of it.
I legit have no clue lol.

I trust my GSM so I'm not overly worried. I just don't see anything online regarding V060.
minn1913970.00
      05-14-2021, 11:18 PM   #7369
Thescout13
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Oh no I seen it lol.

This is my understanding
Appreciate 1
minn1913970.00
      05-15-2021, 07:51 AM   #7370
dms-01
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 M3

Sam my first G80 in the wild on the freeway the other day. Was red and the grilles were above outs. Can't miss them on the road in a bright color like that. It didn't look pleasurable like the F80s do to me.
Appreciate 0