proTUNING Freaks
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > M3 / M4 Photos and Videos

08-23-2020, 04:40 PM   #1
BSSBMW
Private
Rep
Drives: F82 M4 Verde Ermes

Verde Ermes M4 journal. The last RHD individual F82

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
I have already posted some of these pictures here on the day of collection so apologies for that but i thought i'd copy a journal from another forum im onto here.

Apologies for the long initial post but if you have a few minutes spare then have a read of my ramblings.

At the beginning of this year I was fortunate enough to be in a position to purchase my first ever new car so I wanted it to be something a bit special, well to me anyway! With the G8x M3/4 on the horizon, F80 production over some 18 months earlier the F82 M4 was on borrowed time especially if I was to place a factory order to my spec so after some discussion with some contacts within BMW and a couple of dealers the decision was made to commit to an order and go from there.
I have alway been a fan of some of the more unusual paint and interior colours and having owned a few Individual E46's (a pair of Alpina B3's and a 330i Touring) it was now my chance to choose a combo.
The interior colour was the first thing i decided on having seen a Golden Brown in a customers car I fell in love with it so that was chosen along with the leather instrument panel (dashboard) option which extends to the door tops and having the stitched leather dash top and lower panels certainly reduces the amount of plastic to give a more upmarket feel to the F8x cabin.

Paint colour was not so straight forward as there are so many great colours to choose from. Early potentials were Purple silk, Mora, Petrol Mica but it was narrowed down Avus blue, Techno Violet and Verde Ermes. Having owned an Avus blue E36 328i convertible and a Techno violet E36 330i Sport touring in the past plus seeing many other BMW's in these colours over the years I knew full well how they would look but the Verde I had never seen in person so was always going to be a bit of gamble.
I first saw the colour on a pic of it when TRL deals posted on their insta a G21 M340i touring painted in it and (in my opinion) looked stunning so i googled imaged the hell out of the colour and finalised my order.

Option wise I am a bit of a sucker for as many options as possible so when I've bought cars in the past I quite often end up doing OEM retro fits to get them how I want them so getting to choose was great. With the end of F82 production looming BMW UK were offering a bundle of options called the ultimate pack so that was picked along with an electric rear blind and apple car play.

SXT1A Indiv. instrument panel, leather-covered
S1CAA Selection of COP-relevant vehicles
S1DEA Exhaust emission standards EU6 RDE
S2MKA M twin-clutch transm. with Drivelogic
S2PAA Locking wheel bolt
S2VBA Tyre pressure display
S2VCA Tyre repair set
S2VFA Adaptive M chassis
S21TA BMW LA wheel M star spoke styling 666
S230A Extra package, EU-speciifc
S248A Steering wheel heater
S3AGA Reversing camera
S302A Alarm system
S322A Comfort access
S4AEA Armrest front, retractable
S4GQA M seat belts
S4WLA Carbon fibre accent black chrome
S415A Sun-blind, rear
S420A Sun protection glazing
S423A Floor mats velours
S428A Warning triangle and first aid kit
S430A Interior/outside mirror with auto dip
S459A Seat adjustment, electric, with memory
S493A Storage compartment package
S494A Seat heating driver/passenger
S5ACA High-beam assistant
S5AGA Lane change warning
S5ASA Driving Assistant
S5DAA Passenger airbag deactivation
S5DLA Surround View
S508A Park Distance Control (PDC)
S552A Adaptive LED headlight
S575A Additional 12V sockets
S6ACA Intelligent emergency call
S6AEA Teleservices
S6AKA Connected Drive Services
S6AMA Real-Time Traffic Information
S6APA Remote Services
S6CPA Preparation Apple CarPlay
S6NWA Telephony with wireless charging
S6WDA WLAN Hotspot
S609A Navigation system Professional
S610A Head-up display
S654A DAB tuner
S688A Harman/Kardon surround sound system
S698A Area-Code 2 for DVD
S7MAA Competition package
P7MNA M Competition package
S7M9A Individual option high-gloss Shadow-Line
S760A High gloss shadow line
S8KAA Oil service interval 24 mths / 30,000 km
S8R9A Refrigerant R1234yf
S8SMA Car ident. number visible from outside
S8S2A Coding, alarm signal
S8S3A Automatic locking during starting
S8TGA Thiefproofing device
S8THA Road sign detection
L812A National version England / Ireland
S850A Dummy-SALAPA
S880A On-board literature, English
S431A Interior mirror with automatic-dip
S490A Adjustment, seat-backrest width
S521A Rain sensor
S534A Automatic air conditioning
S544A Cruise control with brake function
S563A Light package
S775A Headlining anthracite
S853A Language version, English

Through my contacts within BMW I was informed that last day of F82 production was scheduled for April 22nd and some strings were being pulled to line mine up to be built on that day with it being the last RHD car to be built and a personal factory tour was arranged when the build date was confirmed so I was going actually see my M4 built on the production line!

Then some virus started spreading about and that all went out the window! Just as I was about to start booking a hotel and flights the factory shut and then UK started to go into lock down, gutted that this once in a lifetime opportunity for a massive BMW fan boy was snatched from me but first world problems and all that when the world headed into unprecedented times!

Several weeks later BMW plant Munich opened back up and production started again with F82 production rescheduled to end on June 8th and my contacts managed to again line mine up to be built on that day.
It ended up being the last RHD F82 built with Individual paint, 10th from last of all RHD F82 production, the reason it wasn't the last as with they pull some individual paint cars to be painted off the line so its easier for the build sequence of the last cars to be painted on the line I was told.

A consolation prize of not seeing it being built in person was a snap of it on the line.

Mostly complete at plant Munich.

Despite living in Surrey I ended up purchasing the car through Sytner Harold Wood as I knew some guys there and they came in very competitive on the deal. A good friend and former college of mine is a (very good) senior tech there so it was arranged for him to do the PDI and wash it! There was no way that was being left to the dealers "valeters"!

Pictures at the top of the post were on the day of collection and the first time I saw Verde Ermes in the flesh and the above pictures are later that day when I got it home. I was blown away with the colour when I first saw it and am so glad the gamble paid off and I know this combo wont be to everyones taste but that does't really bother me and I intend to keep the car for a long time. Its one of those colours that changes depending on light with it looking almost like Boston green in gloomy weather to an emerald green in brighter light to an almost gold colour at some angles in direct sun light.

From my research it is one of only two RHD F82 M4 in Verde Ermes, the other having a black interior so as far as I know it is a one off in the UK.

Let the running in commence!
Appreciate 27
omgf80205.50
cfm56d7b5876.00
EdM54037.50
Dang3r12508.50
jesm207.50
j2dad5389372.00
hersh671022.50
Patrik158.00
Aust350z244.50
agentrnge379.00
CruzM3284.00
Dr.Deep1827.00
kpgray333.00
Poochie9103.00
mcman19.00
FSHNGRY2312.00
ZHPsedan135.50
roobs3.50
Walkabout113.50
SCCThree813.00
      08-24-2020, 09:12 AM   #2
jimbow1
Rep
Drives: bmw f10 m5

WOW, I have no words!! truly amazing
Appreciate 2
      08-25-2020, 03:11 PM   #3
BSSBMW
Private
Rep

Last Saturday was just over two weeks in and time for the running in service after running the engine in using my usual method so into the workshop after closing time and a run out to get the engine oil up to temp before draining it off.

Hot engine and LSD oils left to drain for 30 min while I carried on with something else.....

Castrol Edge 5w30M and Castrol Syntrax 75w140 oils along with a genuine BMW oil filter set and LSD drain/fill plugs used to complete the service.

Running in service updated on the BMW AG service history central database.

Now call me a bit old fashioned but I am a stickler for paperwork and history on a car and despite BMW moving to a digital history on the cars iDrive I personally like the tactile service history in the form of a stamped service book so a new one was purchased from BMW to use along side the digital one which was sent to my pal at Sytner to do the initial filling in like we used to do back when it was part of the PDI and i will continue to log it along side the invoices and digital history.

Digital history updated on the iDrive.

Running in service completed using BWM ISTA as per a main dealer.

Now for something equally important. As you can see the underside of the car is reasonably well protected with floor coverings, wheel arch liners etc but as with all BMW's from early 00's onward no wax protection and in some areas no polyurethane based sealer and just bare E-coat which is just an electrostatic applied primer..

I was pleasantly surprised upon removal of the bulk of the plastic protection to gain access to areas prone to dirt and moisture build up to find a lot more of the polyurethane sealer than some of the E6x, E8x and E9x generations of BMW almost harking back to the levels found in E3x BMWs.

[/url]

[/url]

3M clear cavity wax was applied in all the key areas including the items such at the metal brake lines which are prone to corroding.
I intend to keep this car a long time so I want it to last.
Appreciate 3
      08-26-2020, 01:01 PM   #4
cfm56d7b
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 440i Gran Coupe & 2015 X5

Gorgeous car. Congratulations!
Appreciate 1
BSSBMW314.50
      08-26-2020, 01:21 PM   #5
GOLFFRR
Rep
Drives: GOLFFRR cart

color combo is awesome! nice

BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR NEXT BMW, EMAIL OUR GUY KOTE FIRST!
Kote M Sales:Kotem@bmwofcamarillo.com Cell:805-368-9101
vipfinance@bmwofcamarillo.com for warranties!
Appreciate 1
BSSBMW314.50
      08-26-2020, 03:56 PM   #6
BSSBMW
Private
Rep

Carrying on with the protection I decided long ago to get some PPF and ceramic coat applied.

The end result was Xpel PPF to the whole front end including the lights, A-pillars, the whole roof, the side skirts and door bottoms plus the rear bumper sides along the wheel arch and lower side sections all applied by http://www.supercardetailing.com/ who were brought in by https://www.marells.co.uk/ after they carried out some minor paint correction. Once the PPF was applied, Marells applied titan hyper quartz carbon ceramic coat to the whole car, wheels, brake callipers and hubs plus arch liners.

Very happy with the results and should be pretty durable.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2020, 08:16 AM   #7
11LMBiSTT
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: A to B.

Stunning color/car/combo mate! Mind me asking how much all that protection ran you?
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2020, 09:25 AM   #8
swagon
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F80 6MT

I was just thinking the other day that I should get the service booklet too now that the car is out of warranty.

Looks like the M4 is in great hands.
      08-30-2020, 04:21 PM   #9
BSSBMW
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11LMBiSTT View Post
Stunning color/car/combo mate! Mind me asking how much all that protection ran you?
Thanks! Th PPF and ceramic coat was about £2500.
Appreciate 1
      08-30-2020, 04:36 PM   #10
BSSBMW
Private
Rep

The rush to complete the miles in time for the running in service was due to having booked a week touring Scotland doing an adapted version of the North Coast 500 with the wife for part of my 40th birthday. We had a taste of Scotland last year on a long weekend break in which we took my now sold E92 Alpina B3 Biturbo so venturing to the highlands was next on the cards after enjoying that trip.

The long slog up the A22, M25, M40, M42 M6 to Glasgow then onto Duck bay next to Loch Lomond for out first stop off like last time.

Obligatory stop off at the Green Welly stop on the A82 before taking the A85 toward Oban then the A828 toward Glencoe.

Just before we crossed the Ballachulish Bridge to rejoin the A82 toward Fort William then onto Inverness for our overnight stop.

The following day we headed along the A87 to the Isle of Skye for our stop at Portree. The A87 has some truly epic sections on the main land and on Skye with sections you can see for some distance.

After our stop over on the Isle of Sky it was back to the main land to pick up on the official NC500 route up through the mountainous sections to Applecross then Fearnmore before stopping for fuel in Achnasheen. The owner of the garage happened to have an M240i and after chatting for a bit he gave us a tip off for a section of road out of Achnasheen that is not part of the NC500 but is often used by people of photographic purposes which also included the use of drones and walkie talkies between two points!
Needless to say we had to check it out so we headed up and found it was an epic section of road that as it was not part of the NC500, was virtually deserted and punctuated by a stunning view point.

After a stop over in Contin, the next day was the longest section of the NC500 covered all the way up via Gairloch, Ullapool with a stop off at Durness beach before heading on to Thurso.

The following day we popped along from Thurso to John O Groats for the obligatory tourist stop then instead of heading down A9 for the East cost of the NC500, we were advised by a friend who lives n Thurso to take the centre road down through the highlands.

That turned out to be great advice as we were rewarded with near deserted roads along the B871, B873 and A836 to Lairg then onto Inverness.

Another night in Inverness before heading down to out final stop off in Edinburgh but instead of taking the direct route we took the route through the Cairngorms National park. Starting at Grantown-on-Spey and stopping for lunch in picturesque Braemar the road was something to rival some of the best European Alpine passes. My pictures do not do it justice!

To surmise the NC500 and the highlands absolutely blew us away in terms of scenery and driving roads. I know there are plenty of cutters who are either lucky enough to live in Scotland and others who have enjoyed the NC500 or other parts of the highlands but for those who haven't, its definitely something you need to do at some point!

As for the M4, I really gave me a chance to bond with it on some the most amazing roads I've driven on in the UK.
Appreciate 1
      01-31-2021, 10:14 AM   #11
BSSBMW
Private
Rep

[/url]

I finally got round to fitting the M performance HAS kit after having it a few weeks.

Before, during and after pics of the front and rear. Repeat on the other side.

Ride height calibration for the ICM using ISTA.

The before and after shot.

Adjusted to the specs BMW set in the fitting instructions which equates to about 20mm lower on the front and 15mm on the rear with spare adjustment to go lower if required. I have done about 22 miles on it and first impressions are very good, no drop off in ride comfort and if anything, it's got better in sport and sport + so with that coupled to less body roll its a win win so far. I'll wait a few hundred miles for it all to settle in then carry out a Hunter wheel alignment.
Appreciate 2
FrznM72.50
i128316.00
      01-31-2021, 10:19 AM   #12
BSSBMW
Private
Rep

When was speccing the car back in January I had a vision of what I wanted it to look like and I had bought these before the car arrived.

Finally got them on the car and very happy how its turned out. Cup 2's are epic as well. In the dry that is.
Appreciate 14
GERMAN M34181.00
swagon13506.50
Jbrown74032638.00
bandwagn232.00
mcman19.00
ZHPsedan135.50
CruzM3284.00
jct_m34212.50
stormlv932.00
      01-31-2021, 10:21 AM   #13
BSSBMW
Private
Rep

I've done some miles now since the MPHAS kit was fitted to allow it to settle in so was time to align it. Yesterday I set up on our new ramp using the Hunter system all set to M4 GTS specs which has different toe and camber settings and tonight took it out tonight to kick its head in. Very happy with it.
Appreciate 2
      01-31-2021, 06:06 PM   #14
YKIGI
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Quadrifoglio

Hands down the sickest color on the planet

E46 wagon ~ E46 330ci ZHP ~E46 M3 Sold ~ E92 335i Sold ~ E90 M3 Sold ~ F82 M4 Sold <- All Manuals
Appreciate 1
BSSBMW314.50
      01-31-2021, 09:59 PM   #15
11LMBiSTT
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: A to B.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSSBMW View Post
When was speccing the car back in January I had a vision of what I wanted it to look like and I had bought these before the car arrived.

Finally got them on the car and very happy how its turned out. Cup 2's are epic as well. In the dry that is.
As always, lookin good! M5 CS vibes.

Get the GTS hood asap!

Last edited by 11LMBiSTT; 02-01-2021 at 03:54 PM.. Reason: Deleting quoted pics.
Appreciate 2
BSSBMW314.50
      01-31-2021, 10:32 PM   #16
ellipsis212
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3

Garage List
2018 BMW M3  [0.00]
Read through your whole thread and loved the car, then saw it with these wheels and immediately it came home. Perfect play!
Appreciate 1
BSSBMW314.50
      02-01-2021, 04:25 AM   #17
BigHunk
///M
Canada
Rep
Drives: X5M , iX , S1000XR

I'm surprised how well gold wheels looks on green car.
      02-01-2021, 08:35 AM   #18
swagon
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F80 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSSBMW View Post

I've done some miles now since the MPHAS kit was fitted to allow it to settle in so was time to align it. Yesterday I set up on our new ramp using the Hunter system all set to M4 GTS specs which has different toe and camber settings and tonight took it out tonight to kick its head in. Very happy with it.
Ok, but that Alpina, though.
      02-01-2021, 03:48 PM   #19
BSSBMW
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by swagon View Post
Ok, but that Alpina, though.
We look after a lot of Alpinas and a lot of E30's.
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2021, 07:42 PM   #20
4play
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 M4 GTS

My god, this thing is beautiful. I very nearly had my GTS wrapped in a similar color, but thought the acid orange wheels and cage might clash.

Beautiful spec!
Appreciate 1
BSSBMW314.50
      02-01-2021, 10:44 PM   #21
Jbrown7403
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW M4

Beautiful car inside and out! Great choice on the wheels and lovely scenic photos
Appreciate 1
BSSBMW314.50
      02-11-2021, 11:11 AM   #22
IND-Distribution
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: G82 M4 / G87 M2

Great thread, thank you for sharing all the details!