EXXEL Distributions
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

02-18-2020, 12:50 PM   #3279
GrussGott
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4 Comp Indv

Garage List
2011 E93 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by zx10guy View Post
It's going to be really interesting how Elon is going to shake up the solar industry. His acquisition of Solar City and then the new pricing model he has put in that challenges the established leasing models of companies such as Vivint is going to be interesting.
Agreed, especially for people in sun states who want off the grid and free fuel!

that said, I have a feeling we now know why Musk reversed course on raising capital two weeks after he said it didn't make sense:

TSLA might get destroyed in 2 months.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
I thought the next M4 was going to be a flying car powered by bloomin' onions and a teaspoon of mayonnaise. At least that's what I read on the internet @ BimmerPoop.org.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2020, 03:55 PM   #3280
MPBK
Everyday I'm shuffling
United_States
Rep
Drives: '12 SG 135i DCT; '18 MG M2 DCT

So, is TSLA still headed for bankruptcy?
At $870, did some Middle East prince get totally screwed by not accepting the (in)famous $420 offer?
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2020, 02:09 PM   #3281
M5theonlyone
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M5

Garage List
2013 BMW M5  [5.00]
Any government that are pushing these cars onto public have little knowledge as they simply listen too much what the greenies are telling them and have no Motoring lobby on their speaking platforms like here in Westminster. Stats they quickly forget is that to build e/car doubles carbon footprint to a conventional fuelled car and the content for the batteries has been known to involve child labour.Worn out batteries themselves would cause a large problem with questionable re use in their weak state with disposal unanswered and the charging points for many users would be a pipe dream.
Just my two pence.
Appreciate 3
Salty Dog2370.00
ItsGary1298.00
KRS_SN277.50

02-20-2020, 03:05 PM   #3282
Salty Dog
Captain
Rep
Drives: Austin Mini,MBGLK, Porsche 993

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5theonlyone View Post
Any government that are pushing these cars onto public have little knowledge as they simply listen too much what the greenies are telling them and have no Motoring lobby on their speaking platforms like here in Westminster. Stats they quickly forget is that to build e/car doubles carbon footprint to a conventional fuelled car and the content for the batteries has been known to involve child labour.Worn out batteries themselves would cause a large problem with questionable re use in their weak state with disposal unanswered and the charging points for many users would be a pipe dream.
Just my two pence.
How Dare You!
Appreciate 3
KRS_SN277.50

02-20-2020, 03:11 PM   #3283
M5theonlyone
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M5

Garage List
2013 BMW M5  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salty Dog View Post
How Dare You!
Sorry Greta
Appreciate 2
Salty Dog2370.00
KRS_SN277.50

02-21-2020, 03:59 PM   #3284
GrussGott
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2011 E93 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by M5theonlyone View Post
Any government that are pushing these cars onto public have little knowledge
So your point is, all global equities and bond markets - not to mention all executives at every major auto manufacturer, people who put their money and careers at stake in their opinion on this topic - are all wrong and all missing the big picture clarity you see?

Suggestion: Maybe this once - just for a minute - ask your ego to step back and ask your frontal lobe: does that sound right? That the entire investing and auto industry is wrong and you're right??

Before you answer, have your frontal lobe look at the GLOBAL equities market and ask yourself: do they know something I don't? Next, have your frontal lobe look at the 10 year plans of every major auto manufacturer - to start pick, say, VW. See what the VW CEO says about where he's taking THE ENTIRE COMPANY in the next 10 years. Does he maybe know something you don't?

Then ask yourself: is it reasonable that you know more than all financial markets, and all legacy auto leadership combined?

----------
To help you, FYI: Feb 18th, 2020:

* Morgan Stanley raised its base case price target on Tesla (NASDAQ:TSLA) to $500 from $360 and the bull case target to $1,200 from $650.

* Bernstein hikes its price target to $730 from $325, while keeping a Market Perform rating in place. "Investors feel much better about Tesla's ability to be sustainably profitable; Model 3 demand remains healthy; GMs and op ex are both poised to materially improve; competition is sputtering ... [Tesla has] significant addition optionality through the truck, self-driving, battery technology and solar markets ... We are skeptical that upside possibilities are likely to be expunged any time soon — suggesting no imminent negative catalysts for the stock.

* Piper Sandler raised its price target on Tesla to a street high, saying the electric automaker’s push into other areas of clean energy will drive the stock higher. The firm’s analyst Alexander Potter raised his price target to $928 per share, up from $729.

* Prati Management: "Ferrari Unprepared for Technology Transition: Companies such as Tesla are leading the charge to electric cars, reduced carbon emissions, and autonomous vehicles making internal combustion engines (ICE) ancient in comparison."

* Baron Capital: Ron Baron (billionaire): Tesla can hit "at least $1 trillion in revenue in 10 years and continue to grow from there ... It’s nowhere near ended at that point and time ... There’s a lot of growth opportunities from that point going forward ... [Tesla's stock run is] just the beginning ... [and Tesla] could be one of the largest companies in the world.”

* Argus Research: raised its price target to $808 from $556. The firm’s analysts cited Tesla’s strong fourth-quarter financials: "Despite past production delays, parts shortages, labor cost overruns and other difficulties, we expect Tesla to benefit from its dominant position in the electric vehicle industry and to improve performance in 2020 and beyond."

* Volkswagen Group CEO Herbert Diess Jan 24th, 2020: "It's an open race [against Tesla] ... We are quite optimistic that we still can keep the pace with Tesla and also at some stage probably overtake ... The company which adopts fastest and is most innovative but also which has enough scale in the new world will win the race."

And, of course, Tesla is back on in Berlin with their factory and possibly starting a battery factory in Texas ... soooo .... if those financiers and auto execs all have "little knowledge" - and you have the right answers - you're going to be RICH! RICH I TELL YOU!

Quote:
I thought the next M4 was going to be a flying car powered by bloomin' onions and a teaspoon of mayonnaise. At least that's what I read on the internet @ BimmerPoop.org.

Last edited by GrussGott; 02-22-2020 at 12:12 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2020, 07:38 PM   #3285
GrussGott
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2011 E93 M3  [0.00]
I sure don't claim have the massive business experience and humongous analytical abilities some here claim they possess (you know, they implicitly claim they're smarter than the entire global financial and auto industries combined; that's pretty smart!) ...

... however I am curious how the China COVD-19 outbreak is going to affect Tesla, the BEV markets, and the auto markets in general given:

(1.) TSLA's latest 10-K may indicate primary revenue sources shifting from the US to global (meaning more exposure to COVD-19):

(2.) Auto deliveries in China are forecast to fall 70% this month and 40% for the first two months of the year after the industry came to a near-standstill (-96% Y/Y) for the first week of February amid the coronavirus outbreak.

(3.) The Tesla Shanghai plant numbers aren't making sense. In TSLA's 2019 Q4 / FY letter they said:

But Feb 12th a widely recognized Tesla pundit said:
"Now I can see Tesla producing around 9,000 Model 3 vehicles at the factory this quarter and ramping up to 15,000 units next quarter."
Assuming this guy is right, or even close to it, his numbers are way WAY low given Tesla's numbers from its letter ... even taking into account the slow ramp in Shanghai.

Net-Net:
If I had bought TSLA and wasn't planning on holding it for at least a few years, I would be selling right about now, but, like I said, I ain't no expert.

Quote:

Last edited by GrussGott; 02-22-2020 at 12:13 AM..
Appreciate 0