R44 Performance
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > USA - Northwest

12-05-2019, 08:56 PM   #1
SeatownF80
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F90, 958

Paint shop. Seattle/Bellevue area

Does anyone have experience or recommendations for a paint shop near the eastside of Seattle? I want to paint my Lightweight lip white and I've reached out to a few auto body shops but none has replied to my emails. I'm guessing they dont really want to do aftermarket stuff.
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2019, 05:15 PM   #2
SeatownF80
Private First Class
Rep

Update: Local private shops will not paint unless you have them install it as well. I'm guessing they want to do insurance claims so its worth it for them.

I ended up having Maaco on Bell-red paint it. Costed $347 for alpine white color matched.
Appreciate 1
TWiTCHY373.50
      01-21-2020, 11:51 PM   #3
TWiTCHY
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '13 AW E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeatownF80 View Post
Update: Local private shops will not paint unless you have them install it as well. I'm guessing they want to do insurance claims so its worth it for them.

I ended up having Maaco on Bell-red paint it. Costed $347 for alpine white color matched.
Thanks for coming back and providing an update. I'm in the same predicament for a spoiler I want painted, but mine is in BSM, so I'm guessing it will be a bit more. Were they able to provide an accurate quote over the phone or did you need to bring the part in their store for that?

And how's the paint holding up so far?
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2020, 06:34 PM   #4
SeatownF80
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWiTCHY View Post
Thanks for coming back and providing an update. I'm in the same predicament for a spoiler I want painted, but mine is in BSM, so I'm guessing it will be a bit more. Were they able to provide an accurate quote over the phone or did you need to bring the part in their store for that?

And how's the paint holding up so far?
I had to drive my car in for them to color match with a device.

I haven't installed it yet because of the rain and cold but it looks and feels like quality work.
Appreciate 0