EXXEL Distributions
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

09-14-2017, 10:18 PM   #771
schnell1982
Captain
Rep
Drives: FAST

Quote:
Originally Posted by chetrickerman View Post
That is not even close to being true. Dodson are the best DCT clutches on the market. SSP is known to use cheap chinese made clutches that may hold power ok, but they do not provide good life and poor drivability.

Im not here to bash SSP, but I have to put the truth out there.
That is actually the opposite.
Dodson is rebranded Greddy products that are made out of country.
There is no contact # in the states only their dealers which wont help out someone with Dodson products if they were not installed at their "dealer" list. Pure Turbo used to be Dodson and now are SSP, I wonder why they changed along with a few other used to be Dodson dealers.
Some of the fastest turbo Lamborghini's from Underground and Heffner use SSP products. And their products on the BMW platform are spot on. The measurements of the disks are correct not like Dodson that create more noise and have adaptation issues due to not being the correct disk cut height...
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2017, 02:37 AM   #772
Andym3100k
Captain
Singapore
Rep
Drives: 2014 M6 GC FULL HAMMAN WIDE BO

Quote:
Originally Posted by schnell1982 View Post
There is no contact # in the states only their dealers which wont help out someone with Dodson products if they were not installed at their "dealer" list. Pure Turbo used to be Dodson and now are SSP, I wonder why they changed along with a few other used to be Dodson dealers.
Some of the fastest turbo Lamborghini's from Underground and Heffner use SSP products. And their products on the BMW platform are spot on. The measurements of the disks are correct not like Dodson that create more noise and have adaptation issues due to not being the correct disk cut height...
+1

I'm on SSP for my N54 Z4, 335i, M6 & M4. All Good!
Appreciate 1
      09-18-2017, 10:57 PM   #773
MPOOR
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 / WHITE

Quote:
Originally Posted by schnell1982 View Post
Thank God ~ I didn't buy the Dodson= Greddy
      09-19-2017, 11:57 AM   #774
AhsanU
i can haz horsepowr ??
Rep
Drives: inconspicuous white van

I preface what I say/ask with no experience with either company (Dodson & SSP), and with absolutely no bias.

A Google search on Dodson clutches brings up MaximumPSI's website, and results that lead to the M5/M6 forums. Now, I know that people that are generally happy with any product will not likely share their experiences with the product as much as people that are dissatisfied with it.. but Dodson appears to have had issues with the M5/M6 in terms of getting adaptation down, and just general "clunkiness" that couldn't be smoothed out. Meanwhile, almost no one has anything bad to say about SSP on the M5/M6 forums. This isn't the case with the M3/M4, as there are mostly Dodson powered M3/M4's, even on Pure's own thread with their stage 2 results, you see a majority of Dodson upgraded cars. So I'm pretty curious as to why SSP isn't as popular on the F8X chassis, but is the preferred upgraded clutch pack provider for the F1X, vs the opposite being true for the F8X?

Excuse my ignorance to this, but is the DCT that's found on the F10 M5/F12 M6 the same DCT that's found in our F8X cars? I assume not..
Gone but not forgotten: 991.1 GT3, F80 M3 ZCP, E46 M3
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2017, 07:45 PM   #775
Cmw2738
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 SO M3 'Sakhira'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pure Turbos View Post
Probably something fat and sticky

Both those results were made on the HiFlow turbos.

657 - MT
698 - DCT !!! (watch out GTR!)

There's only 2 customers that have opted for the fast-spool turbos. Neither have turned them up. Both run map2 - no meth.

The Ti turbos are about done. We haven't revisited them recently, but your reminder makes me want to go finish them and pop them on the M4. Maybe I'll bump that up on the priority list...
What types of #'s are those 2 fast spool customers putting down?
Appreciate 0