Next Level Auto Brokers
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

10-24-2019, 01:46 PM   #89
Luluu
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M4

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowanBuds View Post
I think the statements about returning to stock, inquiry about removing and replacing the ECU, among others indicate that actions speak louder than words.

You and your SA had no scruples about defrauding bmw, together, due to your failure to accept your actions alone caused this failure. Just because you have a partner next to you when you rob a bank doesn't mean that you didn't commit bank robbery. It's now both of you that have.

I agree that my actions increased the chances and I am not denying that. But what I am trying to say is that this should not be happening on this car but it is because bmw will not admit this defect. Regardless of what was done to my car this can happen to anyone here stock or modded. BMW does not care at all to even make a recall for this. So why should I not try to have them fix it ?

Also before you call me a fraud again the bmw center knows what is going on. It's not like my adviser is lying for me. But that seems to make us frauds regardless.

Oh and one more thing, when a stock car spins the hub and bmw tells them to go f themselves because they accelerated too much, that doesn't make them frauds for selling you the "Ultimate driving machine" and then refusing to cover it when it breaks because you were doing what the car was meant to do?
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2019, 02:28 PM   #90
RowanBuds
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 3 pedal 718, G05, MkVII GTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuriyos_F82 View Post
I agree that my actions increased the chances and I am not denying that. But what I am trying to say is that this should not be happening on this car but it is because bmw will not admit this defect. Regardless of what was done to my car this can happen to anyone here stock or modded. BMW does not care at all to even make a recall for this. So why should I not try to have them fix it ?

Also before you call me a fraud again the bmw center knows what is going on. It's not like my adviser is lying for me. But that seems to make us frauds regardless.

Oh and one more thing, when a stock car spins the hub and bmw tells them to go f themselves because they accelerated too much, that doesn't make them frauds for selling you the "Ultimate driving machine" and then refusing to cover it when it breaks because you were doing what the car was meant to do?
Fair Enough - you have your stance, and do what you must. I hope that it ends up costing you as little as possible to resolve.

I stand by my statement that BMW will not do a damn thing to help you if they are aware you had the car tuned. Maybe the dealership will as a courtesy to keep a customer, depending your history with them.

It's the same as the RB issue on the E9x cars. BMW knows it was a problem, redesigned the likely culprit part, and yet - it's not a known issue per them most of the time. I get it, I really do - but still if I had a tuned E9x or a S/C'd one, and spun the bearings - what I wouldn't ever do is expect BMW to eat any part of the repair. Same on my F80.

To the fraud point - if you're honest with them, and you and they know they're not going to be full disclosure with BMW Corporate, while trying to have them cover the repair - that is still fraud. Sorry mate.

I, and I believe the rest of this forum, have not heard of one case of an in-warranty stock car spinning the hub and bmw telling them to 'go f themselves'.

Please point out any factual evidence that says I'm wrong on this point - I acknowledge I'm not the most active on this forum any longer, and the lay of the land could possibly have changed.

Le Mans Blue F80 - Munich 5-22-2015 / US 7-7-2015 / SOLD 9-17-2022
ED Recap
Arctic Grey G05 - Spartanburg 8-29-2019
X5 PCD Recap
Appreciate 2
      10-24-2019, 02:39 PM   #91
Luluu
Private
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [0.00]
Quote:
Fair Enough - you have your stance, and do what you must. I hope that it ends up costing you as little as possible to resolve.

I stand by my statement that BMW will not do a damn thing to help you if they are aware you had the car tuned. Maybe the dealership will as a courtesy to keep a customer, depending your history with them.

It's the same as the RB issue on the E9x cars. BMW knows it was a problem, redesigned the likely culprit part, and yet - it's not a known issue per them most of the time. I get it, I really do - but still if I had a tuned E9x or a S/C'd one, and spun the bearings - what I wouldn't ever do is expect BMW to eat any part of the repair. Same on my F80.

To the fraud point - if you're honest with them, and you and they know they're not going to be full disclosure with BMW Corporate, while trying to have them cover the repair - that is still fraud. Sorry mate.

I, and I believe the rest of this forum, have not heard of one case of an in-warranty stock car spinning the hub and bmw telling them to 'go f themselves'.

Please point out any factual evidence that says I'm wrong on this point - I acknowledge I'm not the most active on this forum any longer, and the lay of the land could possibly have changed.

I do not know of anyone on here that had this happen, but I was speaking with my SA and they had someone get warranty denied by bmw corporate because the accelerator was used too many times. I do not know the full extent of that story. But my point is that BMW does not care and doesn't even want to own up.

And I am not crying or anything that they have to fix it. I am fully prepared to pay for the costs, (here comes my but) but I do believe it is fair of me to try and get warranty to cover it. These cars would be bulletproof if not for the SCH issue. And I will go ahead and assume that a lot of people would have tuned & modded M's if not for that issue.
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2019, 03:12 PM   #92
RowanBuds
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 3 pedal 718, G05, MkVII GTI

Quote:
I do not know of anyone on here that had this happen, but I was speaking with my SA and they had someone get warranty denied by bmw corporate because the accelerator was used too many times. I do not know the full extent of that story. But my point is that BMW does not care and doesn't even want to own up.

And I am not crying or anything that they have to fix it. I am fully prepared to pay for the costs, (here comes my but) but I do believe it is fair of me to try and get warranty to cover it. These cars would be bulletproof if not for the SCH issue. And I will go ahead and assume that a lot of people would have tuned & modded M's if not for that issue.
"they had someone get warranty denied by bmw corporate because the accelerator was used too many times" -

Do you really believe that, or do you really expect anyone here to believe this? This is snake oil storytime, IMO.

Le Mans Blue F80 - Munich 5-22-2015 / US 7-7-2015 / SOLD 9-17-2022
ED Recap
Arctic Grey G05 - Spartanburg 8-29-2019
X5 PCD Recap
Appreciate 1
IK6SPEED4478.50
      10-24-2019, 03:16 PM   #93
Luluu
Private
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [0.00]
Quote:
"they had someone get warranty denied by bmw corporate because the accelerator was used too many times" -

Do you really believe that, or do you really expect anyone here to believe this? This is snake oil storytime, IMO.
Personally I dont want to believe it. But I don't doubt that BMW would try to get out of covering a major repair under warranty. And that is my opinion not any fact haha
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2019, 03:35 PM   #94
SYT_Shadow
///M Powered for Life
Rep
Drives: E90M/E92M/M4GTSx2/X5M

Quote:

The stuff I have to read on the internet...
Appreciate 2
RowanBuds1707.00
IK6SPEED4478.50
      10-24-2019, 03:41 PM   #95
Luluu
Private
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SYT_Shadow View Post
I mean, BMW corporate can see every little detail including how many times you accelerate or how hard you push the car. So I would not doubt it if they decide to decline a warranty claim because of excessive abuse.... Guess I should've worded that differently.
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2019, 03:58 PM   #96
SYT_Shadow
///M Powered for Life
Rep
Drives: E90M/E92M/M4GTSx2/X5M

Quote:
I mean, BMW corporate can see every little detail including how many times you accelerate or how hard you push the car. So I would not doubt it if they decide to decline a warranty claim because of excessive abuse.... Guess I should've worded that differently.
pressing the throttle is not abuse. You're not going to have a warranty issue because you have a heavy left foot
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2019, 04:01 PM   #97
Beemerm3
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 16' BMW m3

People upgrade the exhaust and n put it back to stock bfore returning it to the leasing company. It's what everyone is doing. Imagine buying that car afterwards n being denied warranty lol. Just something to think about. BMW should of recalled all 32,000 m3 built but they didn't bcuz of money. There's a chance you will be denied warranty. But in a sense BMW should of repaired it out of good faith.
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2019, 04:03 PM   #98
TrauCon
Private First Class
Vietnam
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 AlpineWhite

Quote:
... the internet is great. I love it.

Back to the thread, this is the the exact reason why I keep mine stock. If I ever come to the dealer for an issue during the warranty period and they deny it because I drive the car hard, then a lawsuit would come their way. This is a car that they advertised as driting, racing on track. Now defind the word "abuse" please.

However if I have a knive on me and it cuts the seat leather because of my stupidity when in the car, then dont expect them to pay to replace the seat.
Appreciate 1
SYT_Shadow11403.00
      10-24-2019, 05:15 PM   #99
Spun Crankhub
Major General
Rep
Drives: 15 F82 *SOLD*

I’m so good on the E85 thing. Ill tune and do exhaust stuff, but for some reason I cant bring myself to consider E.
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2019, 08:48 AM   #100
mrkmtchll
Private
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 Edition Velocity

OP, don't worry about all the douche bags on here calling you a fraud. You will never have to answer to them. Please let us know the final outcome.
Appreciate 5
DanMpower3195.00
melvyn267.00
Ghosn463.50
      10-25-2019, 08:51 AM   #101
Luluu
Private
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkmtchll View Post
OP, don't worry about all the douche bags on here calling you a fraud. You will never have to answer to them. Please let us know the final outcome.

Don't worry I'm not. At the end of the day its my car and my decision haha. The car will go to the dealer in about 3 weeks. I will update those that want to know.
Appreciate 1
Lerxst M4141.00
      10-25-2019, 05:41 PM   #102
knepsterd
Major
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 BSM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SYT_Shadow View Post
It's a fucking m sports car, it's meant to be driven like one.
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2019, 05:58 PM   #103
theweebabySeamus
Captain
Rep
Drives: M3

IIRC back in the day when the 2012 WRX came out here they gave a free one year membership to SCCA...and voided your warranty if they found out you entered an event.
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2019, 01:36 AM   #104
Beemerm3
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 16' BMW m3

so your saying 3rd gear downshifts and acceleration up to 120mph 5 times would blow up the car?
can heat in the crankhub be a factor too?
stress on the car?
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2019, 11:46 PM   #105
MisterF80M3
Major
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3classic View Post
The thread made 4 pages since yesterday. BMW will know if they look up the forum.
I do think u take it in for warranty work. Save the money from warranty maybe buy a maxpsi crankhub to upgrade.
Risky car to buy from the start . People will think twice about buying one. N later depreciation will hit harder than usual.
FUD.

Do you honestly think BMW has private investigators working on the forums?

Dude has 35 posts. Good luck connecting the dots to the real owner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSXiMUS View Post
I don't know why some of you are being a dick to the OP when he is down or just plain trying to scare him...

OP, I DOUBT you'll need a new engine.

Put it back to stock, be upfront with the dealership and tell them you were tuned and see if they can help. They won't touch the car at all if you go in with downpipes and tune still installed. I'm sure BMW knows there are issues with the crank hub and they'll probably help you out.

Worst-case scenario you need a new engine and they deny you, have it towed home and get a low mileage used long block from eBay for between $6-7k, if you're mechanically inclined DIY and swap it out yourself or find a good indy shop. You should be back on the road for probably 75 percent less than what BMW will charge you.

Keep your head up and good luck!
Do not listen to this advice. Why admit guilt unnecessarily?

Put the car to stock and do not say you had a tune or aftermarket parts.

I've heard people got their F80 fixed under warranty even with a tune for SCH on Facebook forums.
melvyn267.00
      10-27-2019, 02:15 AM   #106
Evren
Second Lieutenant
Turkey
Rep
Drives: F82 M4 Coupe

Is there any engine difference between US & European market cars? Or they are the completely the same? (i mean m cars)
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2019, 02:43 AM   #107
Bluer2
Captain
Rep
Drives: F80

Quote:
Nothing crazy, just downpipes and full E.
Full E85 and downpipes equals 600whp so it is crazy.
Appreciate 2
      10-27-2019, 09:55 PM   #108
MisterF80M3
Major
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluer2 View Post
Full E85 and downpipes equals 600whp so it is crazy.
I think he meant full exhaust not e85.
      10-28-2019, 05:06 PM   #109
MR_X
Old guy
Rep
Drives: tricycle

Have you taken the car in yet? Wondering what the dealer told you.
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2019, 06:47 PM   #110
Luluu
Private
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR_X View Post
Have you taken the car in yet? Wondering what the dealer told you.

No, the car still needs to go to stock. Probably will be a few weeks before I will get to it. I will def keep everyone in here updated.
Appreciate 0