European Auto Source (EAS)
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > F80 M3 / M4 Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery

08-08-2018, 06:11 PM   #45
Donger Kim
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: MY16 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDR MFS View Post
Going to resurrect this thread to alleviate any duplication of another lease turn in thread.

Question is that my car was rear-ended in NOV14. There was a massive pile-up, I drove and avoided the carnage and pulled to the side, and a Prius clipped me. It involved the replacement of the bumper and paint; no structural, frame damage, etc. All OEM used as it was the iS bumper. Shop came highly recommended as they do a whole range of body work for BMs, Mercs, exotics, Corvettes, etc.

I get a call today from the original adjustor saying that I might be on the hook for diminished value. BMW is looking to appraise the car as I will be turning it in come May and I am in the six month window.

Has anyone ever had any issues with this or been involved in a similar situation? While I totally understand the company needing to appraise the car, and the work being done on the car was very well done, I sure as hell better not be penalized on my end for this. My plan is to call both my insurance and BMW Financial to see what I can expect. No way am I taking it in the shorts for the jack-ass Prius driver.

Another question, and I am not terribly clear, but I did not sign up for any additional protections when I leased this car, but does the BMW lease program include gap insurance? I am pretty sure the answer is yes, but I just want to make sure so I can research and see what I may have to deal with.

Thanks!

Any updates on this? I’ve never heard of the manufacture coming after the consumer for “deminished” value.... I thought that was one of the major selling points of leasing > buying. You essentially get an option at the end of the lease term, in case of a smudge on the carfax and it’s the registered owners option to buy/sell?
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2018, 07:50 PM   #46
Nikolas
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 996 TT

Quote:
Originally Posted by firedown31 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dzaborn View Post
My lease is about up and just received a call from my BMW dealership to remind me to come in for an inspection. The rep told me tire tread has to be at lease 1/8" inch to avoid a charge. I don't know if this varies per dealer, but I would think it is pretty standard.
4/32" is bmw lease standard.
Really? BMW doesn't do math? That's 1/8"....LOL!
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2018, 08:49 PM   #47
Thescout13
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '20 F80 M3CS, %E2%80%9818 GT3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikolas View Post
Quote:
Quote:
My lease is about up and just received a call from my BMW dealership to remind me to come in for an inspection. The rep told me tire tread has to be at lease 1/8" inch to avoid a charge. I don't know if this varies per dealer, but I would think it is pretty standard.
It's because most tread gauges come in 32ths so it's easier for us to gauge without having to convert 1/8 to 4/32 (which most people cannot do)
Wife's Prior Car: 2018 F80 M3, Yas Marina Blue, DCT, Black 19s, Carbon Structure Anthracite Cloth/Leather Combination, Driving Assistance Package (Euro Delivery Oct. 9, 2017)
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2018, 08:51 PM   #48
Nikolas
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 996 TT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thescout13 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikolas View Post
Quote:
Quote:
It's because most tread gauges come in 32ths so it's easier for us to gauge without having to convert 1/8 to 4/32 (which most people cannot do)
I know, I was just kidding. Same with earthwork where we speak in 10ths.
Appreciate 1
Thescout134944.00