ARMA SPEED
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

11-22-2016, 04:48 PM   #67
chewbakam4
Major
Rep
Drives: F82 M4

With my Stage 2 map I have no codes or CEL. I don't need to go for emissions yet though with this car but I think it'll be like with other flash tunes go with an o2 simulator. I heard great things about Area 74 and their hardware in the N54 and N55 sections. I'll probably do that when the time comes.
Appreciate 1
FSociety3810.00
      11-22-2016, 06:55 PM   #68
GoodtoGo
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by phorbes View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by proTUNING Freaks View Post
No CEL means no faults stored.
All monitors would show as ready?
I'd like to know as well for those off-road/track emissions test stations.....
Appreciate 1
Jaymax85710.00
      11-22-2016, 06:58 PM   #69
Reach
gone baby gone
Rep
Drives: 2016 F80

iOS! Oh thank goodness, let me give this old Android back!
      11-22-2016, 07:18 PM   #70
hdubf80
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 F80 ///M3 AW/SO/DCT

Quote:
Thank you! Glad you're using it to load and test a number of custom tunes with your tuner!

If you've got a great shop to recommend in the area drop us a line or let them know and we can connect and get them trained on the process.

bootmod3 can't help you pass emissions if the vehicle isn't set to emissions standards but our Stage 2 maps get rid of the CEL in the dash for off-road/track use.

======

0.6.8 version of the Android app pushed to the Google Play store. Updates listed at the app store listing but also above in the OP.

Of particular note are support for Exhaust Flap actuation for electronic flaps (open/close/auto) and Active Sound (enable/disable).

iOS app dev is complete and we're in testing
So in order for us to be able to open/close the valves we would need a hotspot with the app and a obd device connected? And we wouldn't be able to do it while the car is in motion?
Appreciate 1
Jaymax85710.00
      11-23-2016, 12:24 PM   #71
FSociety
IG @bmwF9xG80
Rep
Drives: G80 M3, X4M, G07 X7m50

Garage List
2023 BMW G80 M3  [0.00]
2020 BMW X4MC  [0.00]
16' BMW X4 M40i  [10.00]
06 Cadillac STS  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by hdubf80 View Post
So in order for us to be able to open/close the valves we would need a hotspot with the app and a obd device connected? And we wouldn't be able to do it while the car is in motion?
Yes, needs to be hotspot + obd device connected.
And you can open/close valves whenever you want.

"On the Fly Changes"

IG: @bmwF9XG80

Appreciate 0
      11-23-2016, 10:47 PM   #72
proTUNING Freaks
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: powered by bootmod3

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSociety View Post
Yes, needs to be hotspot + obd device connected.
And you can open/close valves whenever you want.

"On the Fly Changes"
Appreciate 1
FSociety3810.00
      11-23-2016, 11:02 PM   #73
cookiesowns
;)
Rep
Drives: X5 45e, 535i N54, X3 N55

I'm really close to being set on the BM3... However.. is it true that without a internet connection to the BM3 "cloud" none of the features would work?

I frequent the track, and would be great to be able to have the live datalogging feature active, but 99% of the tracks here in So-Cal has little to no cellular reception, none the less fast enough 4G/LTE.
Appreciate 1
FSociety3810.00
      11-23-2016, 11:05 PM   #74
proTUNING Freaks
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookiesowns View Post
I'm really close to being set on the BM3... However.. is it true that without a internet connection to the BM3 "cloud" none of the features would work?

I frequent the track, and would be great to be able to have the live datalogging feature active, but 99% of the tracks here in So-Cal has little to no cellular reception, none the less fast enough 4G/LTE.
You need a connection to the servers right now but we're working on removing that limitation in a future release where some features will be available in offline mode.
Appreciate 2
FSociety3810.00
Jadar1750.50
      11-23-2016, 11:10 PM   #75
cookiesowns
;)
Rep
Drives: X5 45e, 535i N54, X3 N55

Quote:
You need a connection to the servers right now but we're working on removing that limitation in a future release where some features will be available in offline mode.
That's great news! Can't wait to get the car, and do the loooong painful wait of break-in.

Side question: Is the ASD / Flap control permanent, or only upon boot up? If only upon boot-up, is the APP required for this, or will it be able to be saved into the agent and memorized?

PS: Need an iOS tester on a N55 F25 for agent only? I have a RPI2+ handy
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2016, 11:26 PM   #76
hdubf80
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Yes please let's have the valve function be available offline so I don't have to run oem function or leave my valves permanently unlocked.
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2016, 11:45 PM   #77
///M4ster Yoda
Banned
Rep
Drives: '16 F82 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookiesowns View Post
Quote:
That's great news! Can't wait to get the car, and do the loooong painful wait of break-in.

Side question: Is the ASD / Flap control permanent, or only upon boot up? If only upon boot-up, is the APP required for this, or will it be able to be saved into the agent and memorized?

PS: Need an iOS tester on a N55 F25 for agent only? I have a RPI2+ handy
What is this "break in" you speak of? I've never heard of such a thing
Appreciate 1
psedog482.50
      11-24-2016, 10:13 AM   #78
ucsbshawn
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M3, 135i, 320i

Quote:
Quote:
Yes please let's have the valve function be available offline so I don't have to run oem function or leave my valves permanently unlocked.
Currently the way it works even in "offline" mode you would still need the bootmod3 agent device. I wish we could just permanently open the valves. As of now you can open and close, but if you shut the car off it resets.
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2016, 10:30 AM   #79
ptper
Major
Rep
Drives: '18 Avus Blue F80

Sorry for the ignorant question...does this give the ability to flash back to completely stock if we have to bring it to the dealer for service?
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2016, 11:08 AM   #80
///M4ster Yoda
Banned
Rep
Drives: '16 F82 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ucsbshawn View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Currently the way it works even in "offline" mode you would still need the bootmod3 agent device. I wish we could just permanently open the valves. As of now you can open and close, but if you shut the car off it resets.
Just get a BMS can flap module. Done and Done.
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2016, 12:18 PM   #81
proTUNING Freaks
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M4ster Yoda View Post
Just get a BMS can flap module. Done and Done.
That's one offline option in the meantime that can be used for sure. Offline mode for the device is coming very soon though as well along with some other new features we don't have at all yet.
Appreciate 1
FSociety3810.00
      11-24-2016, 02:05 PM   #82
hdubf80
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
That's one offline option in the meantime that can be used for sure. Offline mode for the device is coming very soon though as well along with some other new features we don't have at all yet.
Will we still need to buy the bootmod3 agent device ?
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2016, 02:24 PM   #83
proTUNING Freaks
Rep

Quote:
Will we still need to buy the bootmod3 agent device ?
Device is optional, just a nice convenience preconfigured alternative to using a laptop. Running the agent on the laptop will remain free provided you have a laptop/netbook to use
Appreciate 1
FSociety3810.00
      11-24-2016, 02:43 PM   #84
hdubf80
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Device is optional, just a nice convenience preconfigured alternative to using a laptop. Running the agent on the laptop will remain free provided you have a laptop/netbook to use
My main concern was the valve functions. Is there any way to control them without buying the device?
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2016, 04:04 PM   #85
proTUNING Freaks
Rep

Same features available on the device are available with the agent software running on a laptop/netbook of your choice, windows/mac/linux/etc. Software is identical on both, device is just a convenience feature keeping the wiring hidden away and laptop out of the car off your passenger seat.
Appreciate 1
FSociety3810.00
      11-25-2016, 10:02 AM   #86
ptper
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptper View Post
Sorry for the ignorant question...does this give the ability to flash back to completely stock if we have to bring it to the dealer for service?
I think I found the answer...so, if i want to flash back to complete stock, i would have to pull the dme and put the lock back on?
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2016, 10:47 AM   #87
proTUNING Freaks
Rep

Quote:
I think I found the answer...so, if i want to flash back to complete stock, i would have to pull the dme and put the lock back on?
We don't have the option in the app today but you could technically put the lock back on through the app with bootmod3. This would work the same as any dealer tool or Autologic or ISTA. That's not an issue other than you'd be unable to unlock again over OBD if you wanted to

The only reason to pull the DME again is to reset it back to "identical" pre-flash days setting the flash counters back to what they were before you unlocked and got tuned.

Think of it like restoring your hard drive from the last backup that was made at some point in the past. Its one thing to clean up the drive manually to have the same files as before with the same content (it works but there's behind the scenes data on the drive with traces of what was done on it), while its another to actually wipe it entirely and restore its data from a full snapshot you made of it some time in the past (which is what you'd do with a bench flash based restore to original).
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2016, 10:57 AM   #88
ptper
Major
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
We don't have the option in the app today but you could technically put the lock back on through the app with bootmod3. This would work the same as any dealer tool or Autologic or ISTA. That's not an issue other than you'd be unable to unlock again over OBD if you wanted to

The only reason to pull the DME again is to reset it back to "identical" pre-flash days setting the flash counters back to what they were before you unlocked and got tuned.

Think of it like restoring your hard drive from the last backup that was made at some point in the past. Its one thing to clean up the drive manually to have the same files as before with the same content (it works but there's behind the scenes data on the drive with traces of what was done on it), while its another to actually wipe it entirely and restore its data from a full snapshot you made of it some time in the past (which is what you'd do with a bench flash based restore to original).
Thanks, that confirms my understanding ?I guess my next question would be, whether you plan to ever have this feature in future releases? ?
Appreciate 0