Next Level Auto Brokers
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M3 (F80) and BMW M4 (F82) General Forum

10-25-2017, 05:50 PM   #89
Up2nogood
Enlisted Member
Australia
Rep
Drives: F83 M4, HSV, JK Jeep, etc

Provided we haven’t gone into bad books with the dealer, I’d go halves in the drive shaft and see how it goes. If BMWNA aren’t helping them anymore (I can see why, techs experimenting on BMWNA’s dime would shit them) you can’t blame them for turning off the tap.

So have a heart to heart with your dealer and build a relationship?
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2017, 05:51 PM   #90
Up2nogood
Enlisted Member
Australia
Rep
Drives: F83 M4, HSV, JK Jeep, etc

Oh, or pull the driveshaft and have it balanced by spicers, etc.
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2017, 09:45 PM   #91
BimmerNugget
Crazy Frog
United_States
Rep
Drives: L.L.Bean Bootmobile

These shady bastards...better get yourself a jewish lawyer and sue them into stone age.
Appreciate 2
0_to_6081.00
RWSM348.50
      11-09-2017, 03:17 PM   #92
mose121
Humanist
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 ZCP/F31 330i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draper View Post
I?d say there?s pretty much zero chance of this happening.

No dealer is going to intentionally dismantle a car they are hoping to sell in an effort to resolve an issue BMWUSA is ultimately responsible for.
Dealers borrow parts off of inventory cars when necessary in certain situations and they don't have them in stock. It doesn't take long to r/r a driveshaft, it's completely reversible and has no permanent impact on a car, so it's certainly feasible in this instance. Plus if it fixes the issue then they just leave it in the clients car and overnight a new one for the donor. The manufacturer will even pay the labor twice to cover the dealer in these instances.
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2017, 04:32 PM   #93
Draper
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M4 Comp / Macan Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by mose121 View Post
Dealers borrow parts off of inventory cars when necessary in certain situations and they don't have them in stock. It doesn't take long to r/r a driveshaft, it's completely reversible and has no permanent impact on a car, so it's certainly feasible in this instance. Plus if it fixes the issue then they just leave it in the clients car and overnight a new one for the donor. The manufacturer will even pay the labor twice to cover the dealer in these instances.
I have a hard time believing any dealer would do this, especially considering the solution is more of a guess than a proven fix.
      03-17-2018, 08:11 PM   #94
Craigito
Captain
Rep
Drives: 16' F82 M4

Garage List
2020 BMW M4   [10.00]
Same Issues

Reported vibration at last service but they said they could not feel it. I didn't have time to press the issue at the time but at least the issue was noted. I know for a fact it is vibrating because my hand will start to tingle after a while. DEFINITELY more noticeable under heavy acceleration and/or going up a steep incline (more load on drivetrain) and within the same MPH range you mention. A lighter vibration exists when just cruise control on flat grades. I had my tires just rebalanced to be sure and no change in symptoms. 2016 MY

Current Ride 2016 M4 / Mineral Gray / DCT/ Full Black Leather / 19in Gunmetal / Executive /LED/Ohlinds RT/SSR DP-CP-Intake/AP Essex 9668/Bootmod STG 2/DINAN HE
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2018, 06:55 AM   #95
bimmerfrk
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Ferrari Red F83

Had same issue on my e90 m3. Two wheels got bent and caused uneven tire wear. Crazy vibrations at 60-80mph. Replaced all the wheels and mounted new tires. Car was like new after.

Its your wheels and tires. Replace all four wheels and all four tires! Asap

Also had tires re balanced and alignment done. Issue persisted. Only thing that fixed the problem was a complete swap.
      03-19-2018, 08:28 AM   #96
alexc93
Colonel
Rep
Drives: na

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draper View Post
I have a hard time believing any dealer would do this, especially considering the solution is more of a guess than a proven fix.
Local dealer has a brand new M2 sitting on the lot with no rear brakes, as they were given to a customer as replacements since couldn't get in stock in time for him...so dealers do do this. Completely up to the individual dealer.
Appreciate 1
      04-21-2018, 10:43 PM   #97
1M4
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 16 M4 Alp/Sakhir CF Roof 19"

Same exact issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigito View Post
Reported vibration at last service but they said they could not feel it. I didn't have time to press the issue at the time but at least the issue was noted. I know for a fact it is vibrating because my hand will start to tingle after a while. DEFINITELY more noticeable under heavy acceleration and/or going up a steep incline (more load on drivetrain) and within the same MPH range you mention. A lighter vibration exists when just cruise control on flat grades. I had my tires just rebalanced to be sure and no change in symptoms. 2016 MY
Also same exact answer”could not find”
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2019, 05:48 PM   #98
spr
Major
Rep
Drives: F80 M3; e92 ESS650+ M3

I have the exact same problem. I bought mine at 15k. I've had the driveshaft and motor mounts replaced. No change. They're doing the tranny mount now. It's been in countless times. Any update ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by scash62 View Post
Yes, I noticed my average MPG over the 5200 miles was 9 MPG and today after 10,000 miles my average is over 20 MPG. That tells me it was driven at full throttle almost 100% of the time.

I would have a hard time getting my average MPH down to 9 MPH.
      04-26-2019, 01:44 AM   #99
dezzracer
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicknaz View Post
+1 on checking wheels and tires for balance

Sorry to hear the troubles OP. Extended warranty sounds good to me
Ummm you guys. I haven't read the next couple pages but the reason it's NOT a wheel is it vibrates at the same RPM in every gear. Not just at one certain speed.The shop foreman is an idiot for replacing all of that stuff before he checked/replaced the driveshaft. When you said it does it at the same RPM in any gear that would've been my first guess. OP did you replace the driveshaft and connecting parts? Your post said only the connecting parts?.

+1 on buying that car in the first place. I would've politely shove those papers right back at him when I found out it was driven at the performance center. Regarding them saying you would feel the same thing in a different car whatever happened to going for a test drive before you buy it. If it's there you know it's normal (or your driving style). If it's not you buy the new car.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2019, 02:04 AM   #100
dezzracer
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerfrk View Post
Had same issue on my e90 m3. Two wheels got bent and caused uneven tire wear. Crazy vibrations at 60-80mph. Replaced all the wheels and mounted new tires. Car was like new after.

Also had tires re balanced and alignment done. Issue persisted. Only thing that fixed the problem was a complete swap.
It's not the wheels. You armchair mechanics are funny. Did you guys read the original post? It happens at certain RPM IN ANY GEAR.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2019, 02:32 AM   #101
///Mangler
Captain
Rep
Drives: E30 M3 Darth Vader Trackcar

Garage List
2000 E39 M5  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dezzracer View Post
Quote:

It's not the wheels. You armchair mechanics are funny. Did you guys read the original post? It happens at certain RPM IN ANY GEAR.
The only thing common at the same ROLLING speed at ANY rpm are the wheels/tires/brake discs. just find a set of wheels and swap them over. It's called troubleshooting. It's a lost art in this day and age.

T
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2019, 02:54 AM   #102
dezzracer
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Mangler View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dezzracer View Post
Quote:

The only thing common at the same ROLLING speed at ANY rpm are the wheels/tires/brake discs. just find a set of wheels and swap them over. It's called troubleshooting. It's a lost art in this day and age.

T
The difference is its in any GEAR tho. Not a fixed speed. :
Appreciate 0