GetBMWParts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      06-24-2018, 05:18 PM   #155
Dackelone
European Editor
Dackelone's Avatar
Germany
8397
Rep
22,641
Posts

Drives: N54 e82
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Bayern, Germany

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by paliknight View Post
Sorry for the amateurish question, but with the F8X factory CCBs, all parts are carbon ceramic, right? Including the calipers?

Also, if you could get the entire set of CCBs for 10k, why would anyone pay 4500 for a rotor?
Only the rotors are ceramic. The calipers are some sort of alloy(probably with ceramic pistons) and ceramic brake pads.

Sure... IF you have need new rotors the "kit" might be the way to go for a measly $1K more.

Dack
__________________
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2018, 11:45 PM   #156
paliknight
fuck this field
paliknight's Avatar
No_Country
814
Rep
1,522
Posts

Drives: 18 Base F80/18 ZCP F80/19 M2C
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: everywhere

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackelone View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by paliknight View Post
Sorry for the amateurish question, but with the F8X factory CCBs, all parts are carbon ceramic, right? Including the calipers?

Also, if you could get the entire set of CCBs for 10k, why would anyone pay 4500 for a rotor?
Only the rotors are ceramic. The calipers are some sort of alloy(probably with ceramic pistons) and ceramic brake pads.

Sure... IF you have need new rotors the "kit" might be the way to go for a measly $1K more.

Dack
Oh I see. But the 10k is for all 4 brakes lol in the set/kit. The rotor is 4500 each then pads are 600 each so you're looking at either 18-20k to replace all 4 rotors and pads or 10k for the entire thing and "free" calipers. Or am I missing something? Seems strange.
__________________
BMW family... for now.
Appreciate 1
Dackelone8396.50

      06-25-2018, 07:22 AM   #157
CanAutM3
Lieutenant General
CanAutM3's Avatar
Canada
9060
Rep
15,458
Posts

Drives: 2019 M4cs
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Montreal

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2019 BMW M4cs  [0.00]
2018 Audi RS3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by paliknight View Post
Oh I see. But the 10k is for all 4 brakes lol in the set/kit. The rotor is 4500 each then pads are 600 each so you're looking at either 18-20k to replace all 4 rotors and pads or 10k for the entire thing and "free" calipers. Or am I missing something? Seems strange.
Not sure where your $10k for the CCB retrofit comes from, but in Canada, it retails for C$19,300.00. The kit is still cheaper than replacing the rotors and pads at the 4 corners and you do get new calipers for free .
__________________
///M4cs 2019 F82 Lime Rock Grey
MPE / CF Mirror caps / MP-HAS / GC Camber plates
Appreciate 1
Dackelone8396.50

      06-26-2018, 12:31 PM   #158
paliknight
fuck this field
paliknight's Avatar
No_Country
814
Rep
1,522
Posts

Drives: 18 Base F80/18 ZCP F80/19 M2C
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: everywhere

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanAutM3 View Post
Not sure where your $10k for the CCB retrofit comes from, but in Canada, it retails for C$19,300.00. The kit is still cheaper than replacing the rotors and pads at the 4 corners and you do get new calipers for free .
The Full Kit (front and rear) is 10k here:

https://www.bmwpartspros.com/partloc...90&startrow=31
__________________
BMW family... for now.
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2018, 01:33 PM   #159
CanAutM3
Lieutenant General
CanAutM3's Avatar
Canada
9060
Rep
15,458
Posts

Drives: 2019 M4cs
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Montreal

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2019 BMW M4cs  [0.00]
2018 Audi RS3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by paliknight View Post
The Full Kit (front and rear) is 10k here:

https://www.bmwpartspros.com/partloc...90&startrow=31
That's amazingly cheap. The best way to replace CCB rotors for existing CCB owners IMO.
__________________
///M4cs 2019 F82 Lime Rock Grey
MPE / CF Mirror caps / MP-HAS / GC Camber plates
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2018, 02:25 PM   #160
paliknight
fuck this field
paliknight's Avatar
No_Country
814
Rep
1,522
Posts

Drives: 18 Base F80/18 ZCP F80/19 M2C
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: everywhere

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanAutM3 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by paliknight View Post
The Full Kit (front and rear) is 10k here:

https://www.bmwpartspros.com/partloc...38;startrow=31
That's amazingly cheap. The best way to replace CCB rotors for existing CCB owners IMO.
That's what threw me off a bit. Owners were saying how it cost them 17k or so to replace just pads and rotors when you can get everything and free calipers for almost half that lol
__________________
BMW family... for now.
Appreciate 1
CanAutM39059.50

      06-27-2018, 12:45 PM   #161
spr
Major
62
Rep
1,030
Posts

Drives: F80 M3; e92 ESS650+ M3
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: San Diego

iTrader: (1)

FYI, that isn't a full retrofit kit. It doesn't include the booster and all the stuff. See here:

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-...t/34112358378/
__________________
F80 M3 HRE FF04 275/305.
Appreciate 1
Dackelone8396.50

Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:00 PM.




f80post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST