Coby Wheel
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > F80 M3 / M4 Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery

01-02-2019, 07:19 PM   #309
2011M3V8
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: E93 M3 Convertible

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M4ster Yoda View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011M3V8 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Hi,

Can someone help answer these questions:

1. What days of the week can you do EU delivery? Saturday/Sunday possible?
2. Is it possible to do delivery at noon? I'm looking at flights that land at 9:45am in Munich. Does this ruin the experience?

Thanks!
Hey. You can do ED everyday of the week that the Welt is open. Make sure you check for local holidays. They are very accommodating at the Welt as far as timing but I wouldn't rush the experience. Arrive the day before and enjoy delivery day.
Are there now three delivery packages that cost money? Compact, premium?

I thought EUD was free?
Not sure what your referring to. ED (Euro Delivery) is a 5% discount.
https://www.bmw-welt.com/en/automobile_delivery.html
That looks to be for European customers. The Vat Tax at the top is the giveaway. Remember customers from all over the EU as well as North America take delivery of their cars in Munich. European customers have to pay, NA customers get a discount
Ok thanks for confirming!

Does anyone know if BMW drills holes in the front bumper to install a temp euro plate?

Is there a way to control that the plate is only installed on the rear bumper?

Really appreciate the help guys! This information is difficult to obtain!
? hockenheim_m2
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2019, 07:25 PM   #310
///M4ster Yoda
Banned
Rep
Drives: '16 F82 M4

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Hi,

Can someone help answer these questions:

1. What days of the week can you do EU delivery? Saturday/Sunday possible?
2. Is it possible to do delivery at noon? I'm looking at flights that land at 9:45am in Munich. Does this ruin the experience?

Thanks!
Hey. You can do ED everyday of the week that the Welt is open. Make sure you check for local holidays. They are very accommodating at the Welt as far as timing but I wouldn't rush the experience. Arrive the day before and enjoy delivery day.
Are there now three delivery packages that cost money? Compact, premium?

I thought EUD was free?
Not sure what your referring to. ED (Euro Delivery) is a 5% discount.
https://www.bmw-welt.com/en/automobile_delivery.html
That looks to be for European customers. The Vat Tax at the top is the giveaway. Remember customers from all over the EU as well as North America take delivery of their cars in Munich. European customers have to pay, NA customers get a discount
Ok thanks for confirming!

Does anyone know if BMW drills holes in the front bumper to install a temp euro plate?

Is there a way to control that the plate is only installed on the rear bumper?

Really appreciate the help guys! This information is difficult to obtain!
No worries. Plenty of people here will help you with ED questions. My suggestion is spend some time in that area of the forum. There is plenty of info over there.

To answer your question. No drilling. They use double sided tape and I believe having a front and rear plate is a law throughout Europe.
Appreciate 1
      03-02-2019, 07:33 PM   #311
TrevorM3
Banned
Rep
Drives: 6.3 AMG

m5 ordered, the wait begins. solid thread
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2019, 04:31 AM   #312
MaxZ8
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: -

Garage List
2023 M2  [0.00]
Is it possible to track the cars status in germany as well? Or is it just a thing in the US ....
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2019, 10:18 PM   #313
Mittalfdk
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M550i

Ordered my M550i and the tracking shows it began production today. I’m pumped....
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2019, 06:24 PM   #314
kring
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: ‘19 M550i Dinan S1, 340i

My M550i went to production today (status 150) and I got my VIN. Will share my progress as it goes.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2019, 02:58 PM   #315
nlopezesq
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M340i xDrive

Garage List
Excellent post!
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2019, 07:31 AM   #316
kring
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: ‘19 M550i Dinan S1, 340i

This was helpful. two changes I noticed for update to the original post.

WW no longer lets you search for your car. the Cargo ID has been removed. here's their FAQ explaining why it was removed. (for security?)
https://www.2wglobal.com/online-tool...k-my-shipment/

The 5th bullet about transit time is confusing - the way it reads, your vehicle could be delivered from Bremerhaven to US East Coast in 3-5 days. Are you referring to an interim delivery to Bremerhaven? the Ships I searched all seem to take 2-3 weeks which is referenced in the bullets below that.. so that's why the one line about status 193-193 having delivery to east coast is confusing. suggesting to add some clarity or reword that bullet.

Overall, extremely useful post and I understood the rest of it clearly.
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2019, 11:39 AM   #317
dpod25
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2019 330i xDrive

Like many others, I definitely appreciate the time put into this guide Bmwguy11!

There's two changes I want to propose in addition to kring's in the post above:

1. BMW Genius will no longer provide status updates if you call their number. Either they will transfer you to the automated system or tell you to contact your CA instead.

2. For the automated 1800 number, it seems BMW added a new menu layer. So, the new process for going through that is:
For the 800 number, call 1800-831-1117, stay on the line past the first option tree, then say "vehicle production status" when prompted.
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2019, 07:11 PM   #318
TrevorM3
Banned
Rep

how long does a vehicle stay at port before it gets shipped to a dealer? roughly?
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2019, 07:33 PM   #319
dpod25
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2019 330i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevorM3 View Post
how long does a vehicle stay at port before it gets shipped to a dealer? roughly?
Mine was at the Baltimore VPC roughly a week. That seems to be the norm from seeing others' timelines.
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2019, 11:52 AM   #320
///M4ster Yoda
Banned
Rep

So what's the new deal with tracking our cars from Bremerhaven guys? Is it not possible to do so any longer? My car is currently in transit to the Performance Center and I was hoping I could track the ship like the good old days.
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2019, 01:24 PM   #321
TrevorM3
Banned
Rep

Quote:
So what's the new deal with tracking our cars from Bremerhaven guys? Is it not possible to do so any longer? My car is currently in transit to the Performance Center and I was hoping I could track the ship like the good old days.

call you CA and find out what ship you're on.
Appreciate 1
      06-07-2019, 01:25 PM   #322
TrevorM3
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpod25 View Post
Mine was at the Baltimore VPC roughly a week. That seems to be the norm from seeing others' timelines.

Appreciate 0
      06-07-2019, 02:51 PM   #323
MadJoe5
Rep
Drives: Seats and a steering wheel

Status of my F82

I ordered my F82 at the dealership three weeks ago. About a week ago I emailed them looking for some sort of production or tracking number to check up on the status. I'm not expecting the car to be in production yet, however, I would expect at least to be able to get some sort of tracking number to know when the order does get pushed through to production. The CA said that it is in "order status" and he'll let me know when they get a production number. I ordered the car on 11 May from Missouri. They said to expect delivery in 3 months. Any ideas?
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2019, 03:27 PM   #324
///M4ster Yoda
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

call you CA and find out what ship you're on.
Aha. So that's the only way going forward. I liked the old way better
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2019, 09:49 PM   #325
TrevorM3
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadJoe5 View Post
I ordered my F82 at the dealership three weeks ago. About a week ago I emailed them looking for some sort of production or tracking number to check up on the status. I'm not expecting the car to be in production yet, however, I would expect at least to be able to get some sort of tracking number to know when the order does get pushed through to production. The CA said that it is in "order status" and he'll let me know when they get a production number. I ordered the car on 11 May from Missouri. They said to expect delivery in 3 months. Any ideas?

not tracking #, it will be a production number. Which should be available right away providing the dealer does in fact have a true allocation for a car. I hope they aren't jerking you around, considering it's been 3 weeks since you placed an order. Keep pressing them. Is your car individual? 3 months is usually what it takes for INVD order, my fathers car was ordered in March and will be arriving next week.
Appreciate 1
      06-07-2019, 09:51 PM   #326
TrevorM3
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Aha. So that's the only way going forward. I liked the old way better

iirc, you can search your VIN on certain ships website to see if your car is on there, but you'll be going through a lot of ships, so the best way is to just get it from your dealer.
Appreciate 1
      06-07-2019, 11:40 PM   #327
MadJoe5
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

not tracking #, it will be a production number. Which should be available right away providing the dealer does in fact have a true allocation for a car. I hope they aren't jerking you around, considering it's been 3 weeks since you placed an order. Keep pressing them. Is your car individual? 3 months is usually what it takes for INVD order, my fathers car was ordered in March and will be arriving next week.
Thanks Trevor, it is not an individual. I am starting to be a bit suspect as to if the dealer actually had an allocation seeing that when I initially asked, they said no. When I arrived at the dealer, they were able to find one in about 3 minutes. I hope they weren't just blowing smoke when they said they had an allocation.
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2019, 05:22 AM   #328
TrevorM3
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Thanks Trevor, it is not an individual. I am starting to be a bit suspect as to if the dealer actually had an allocation seeing that when I initially asked, they said no. When I arrived at the dealer, they were able to find one in about 3 minutes. I hope they weren't just blowing smoke when they said they had an allocation.

Big red flag. Tell them you need to see production # or the "deal" is off,. Find another dealer brother. Their just buying time, they don't have an allocation.
Appreciate 1
      06-08-2019, 10:39 PM   #329
brocurls
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Mazdarati

Quote:
I ordered my car back in April. Within 3 days I received my production number.

Most likely that dealer has buyers lined up for their now-allocations and has you down for the next round...maybe. They are wasting your time.

DD: 2020 Mazda CrystalWhite CX-5 GT w/PP
Wife's: 2023 Audi S5 Sportback DistrictGreen Premium Plus w/Blk Optic Package
Appreciate 1
      06-09-2019, 10:01 AM   #330
MadJoe5
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by brocurls View Post
Quote:
I ordered my car back in April. Within 3 days I received my production number.

Most likely that dealer has buyers lined up for their now-allocations and has you down for the next round...maybe. They are wasting your time.
I asked them yet again for the production number and this time they delivered. I logged into my garage and it says the car in in 'order received' status. I'm going to have a hard time not watching that status. When are you expecting your delivery since you ordered in April?
Appreciate 0