Next Level Auto Brokers
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > Classifieds > Members Classifieds > Cars for Sale / Lease Takeover

08-17-2018, 10:38 AM   #45
bringbacklsb
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 LSB M3 (F80)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AhsanU View Post
Wtf, Francesco?? Wtf wtf wtf wtf man!

Feels like it was yesterday we were meeting up for you to check out the Atlantis colour in person, and now you're giving up the car you were looking so forward to

I can understand the OCD and what not, but just put some more miles on her and enjoy it at least until it's sold. 600 miles vs. 2-3k miles makes virtually no difference in this market.. might as well enjoy it.

To prospective buyers: Francesco is a lovely guy and I've met up with him multiple times. We've had long chats about our cars on lazy Tuesday afternoons with cameras in our hands to snap pics of his LSB M3 and my old Atlantis M3 I hope this car goes to a fellow enthusiast if it does sell.

Good luck brother!
Thanks so much AhsanU for the kind words. It was a pleasure meeting up with you and taking photos of our cars, and my fascination with Atlantis has not ended even though the car is for sale. The color is just as perfect on mine as it was on yours! You went out of your way to meet with me so I could see Atlantis in person multiple times, in different lighting, and it never disappointed. You are right about driving the car some, but working from home I would need to go out of my way to do it, so the miles stay low. Maybe at least I can make it through the 1200 mile break-in for the lucky person who buys, as I will be doing them a favor

Thanks again for meeting up with me and for the good times we shared with our cars. How are you liking your Porsche?
      08-21-2018, 08:25 AM   #46
mattpete13
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 e91 6mt

OMG - my new favorite blue. LSB was #1 but this certainly tops that. I remember your LSB for sale last year, sad to see you're parting with another beauty but I get it.

GLWS!
Appreciate 1
      08-24-2018, 11:02 AM   #47
bringbacklsb
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattpete13 View Post
OMG - my new favorite blue. LSB was #1 but this certainly tops that. I remember your LSB for sale last year, sad to see you're parting with another beauty but I get it.

GLWS!
My favorite blue too! It looks amazing on the F80 and I still can't believe how much attention it gets, even though I expected it to some degree. LSB never was able to generate anywhere near the type of reaction that the Atlantis M3 attracts (picture takers, gawkers, people walking around the car taking video while parked, etc), and I do the same thing when I walk into my garage Plenty of interest in the car from buyers and I am just waiting for someone to officially follow through. Whomever gets this car next will be one happy driver, as it's a truly awesome looking and performing machine.
      08-28-2018, 10:36 PM   #48
Damage Inc
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2

Darn man. Nice ride.

I had the same issue. I always had a since car DD. Whether M car or 911. I would check the weather, see it was going to rain, then get all mad since my car would get messed up...lol.

So I went to two cars. I sold my 911 GTS for an R8 + 320i.

So now I can keep my black R8 super clean all the time. Sits in the garage for when I want to drive it, not when I have to drive it. Never even sees rain anymore so its easy to keep clean.

Then when I need to go downtown for meetings, drive in bad weather, etc I hop in the 320i.

I'm so much happier now. Maybe think about getting a DD for running around, then keep the M in the garage under a cover for when you want to take it out?

Past Performance Cars: 01 M3, 05 M3, 06 M5, 08 M6, 08 M3, 11 M3, 13 M3, 15 M3, 911 C4S, 911 GTS, 17 M2,R8 V8, R8 RWS
Appreciate 1
      08-29-2018, 01:35 PM   #49
kamichael
BMW M on my mind
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 22 M3, 23 M2, 24 X5 50e

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by bringbacklsb View Post
Thank you so much. Yes, in person it is more stunning than any picture can grasp. I felt opposite of when I picked up my last M3, as Atlantis Metallic made such an impression on me with both the color and how aggressive the car looked in that color that I fell for it instantly. Only someone who is OCD about a purchase of this magnitude could understand how difficult it can be to live in peace. It made it worse for me when I liked the car as much as I did after taking delivery and driving it home from the Performance Center, because I became more concerned over its safety, cleanliness, etc. If I had millions and this was like purchasing a Corolla, it may not impact me as much but I think the combination of how much I like the car and the overall investment combine to make it stressful.
I completely understand as I have lived with the same compulsion my entire life - it has led me to buying over 50 new cars. I could tell by your specification that every detail was attended to (and probably agonized over) - just looking at your interior. I appreciate your dilemma, only you can decide what is best and whether you can find a way to enjoy the car or not. If not, selling it may be the only route to have peace of mind. I recommend giving it a little time though, try to overcome it. You have a beautiful car - one of the nicest new F80 specs I have seen online. As someone with OCD, I can say that it will never go away, you will always have concern about the car. You just have to find a middle ground. By adding protection to the paint, you might feel better. I have a 2016 F80 and am still VERY protective of the car. I park it as far away in the lot as I can and still obsess over it every time I take it out of the garage. I have been careful though and have had no incidents since I took delivery 2 1/2 years ago. Now, I just took delivery of a new 2018 F80 CP last week. Like you, I am now afraid to drive it. Not only has it started all over again, but I feel even more concerned about the 2018 for some reason. I have said to myself that I love it more than any car before - but I have probably forgotten - I have gone through this with every new car. I, like you, work hard to buy my cars and do not have unlimited resources - which ads to my OCD. I am determined to overcome it and enjoy this car. You deserve it to yourself to find a way! Sorry for the rant - I just saw your ad/post when listing my 2016 for sale and was curious as to why someone was selling a brand new car. Best of luck, I feel for you.

Last edited by kamichael; 08-29-2018 at 01:45 PM..
Appreciate 2
      08-29-2018, 01:40 PM   #50
NickyC
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: M4 CS. Former G82, x2 F82, F80

What a fantastic car, good luck in becoming comfortable with whatever you decide to do.
Appreciate 1
      09-06-2018, 11:40 AM   #51
bringbacklsb
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damage Inc View Post
Darn man. Nice ride.

I had the same issue. I always had a since car DD. Whether M car or 911. I would check the weather, see it was going to rain, then get all mad since my car would get messed up...lol.

So I went to two cars. I sold my 911 GTS for an R8 + 320i.

So now I can keep my black R8 super clean all the time. Sits in the garage for when I want to drive it, not when I have to drive it. Never even sees rain anymore so its easy to keep clean.

Then when I need to go downtown for meetings, drive in bad weather, etc I hop in the 320i.

I'm so much happier now. Maybe think about getting a DD for running around, then keep the M in the garage under a cover for when you want to take it out?
Thanks for the great advice. Since I work from home and have another car available, I can choose to use the M3 just as you do the R8, only on nice days. My OCD will only calm down I think if the car were a smaller portion of my net worth, to where I can put in the thousands of dollars needed for full PPF and not even think twice about that expense, or worry about depreciation of a sitting vehicle because the percentage of my wealth it occupies is so small. I think my OCD to keep the car perfect would calm greatly if my net worth were higher and I felt as if the car were not a major expense, since I then could do what is necessary without my mind always reverting to finances. My concern for the car's condition is directly proportional to the percentage of net worth it occupies, so maybe a few years down the road I can make a purchase like this with relative peace of mind.
      09-09-2018, 02:42 PM   #52
RockinPA
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '22 Mexico Blue G80 xDrive, '2

Garage List
I'm interested. In SoCal. Beautiful car man!
I had a 16 YMB. DCT. I miss it and wanted to make the switch to get that third pedal!!

Message me. Let's talk.
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2018, 04:53 PM   #53
bringbacklsb
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockinPA View Post
I'm interested. In SoCal. Beautiful car man!
I had a 16 YMB. DCT. I miss it and wanted to make the switch to get that third pedal!!

Message me. Let's talk.
Thanks for your interest! I have a few more who are communicating with me regarding the car but I'll contact you tomorrow via PM. You won't regret the manual transmission and the Atlantis color is amazing in person! I have a few considering the car due to the color alone, and it's not nearly as impressive in my pictures as it is in the flesh.
      09-12-2018, 09:27 PM   #54
996ttelise
Captain
Rep
Drives: 458, GTS, Performante

Lol, get a script for Prozac and keep the car. Much cheaper solution.
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2018, 09:33 PM   #55
bringbacklsb
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 996ttelise View Post
Lol, get a script for Prozac and keep the car. Much cheaper solution.
Actually, in the long run, it's not.
      09-13-2018, 05:39 PM   #56
TTG
United_States
Rep
Drives: M340

Garage List
Deja Vu all over again

It took you a year to sell the other one bec you were not "in love" with it and yet once again loosing bunch of $$$ and selling the right one.

Start dropping the price, keep it in the garage, pay insurance and hopefully this one will sell in less than a year.

Realistically, if someone really wants to spend this much on a M3, they will order it brand new and spec it exactly the way they want it.

Please do all of us a favor and do not order another $100K M3

https://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...&postcount=156

GLWS or just drive the darn thing.
2007 E92 335i -Space Gray.....ED Oct 19th, 2006 - Retired
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2018, 05:46 PM   #57
bringbacklsb
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTG View Post
It took you a year to sell the other one bec you were not "in love" with it and yet once again loosing bunch of $$$ and selling the right one.

Start dropping the price, keep it in the garage, pay insurance and hopefully this one will sell in less than a year.

Realistically, if someone really wants to spend this much on a M3, they will order it brand new and spec it exactly the way they want it.

Please do all of us a favor and do not order another $100K M3

https://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...&postcount=156

GLWS or just drive the darn thing.
They won't be ordering any M3 to their spec as end of production is in October and buyers will be left with either what's on the lot or the DCT only CS. Interest in my current M3 that I'm selling here is much higher than my last one, due to color, competition package (which my last one did not have) and end of production being imminent. I will take your advice and not order another M3. At least for a while
      09-13-2018, 06:46 PM   #58
Bimmed Out
There Is No Substitute
Rep
Drives: Several 911's

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTG View Post
Wrong. It's too late. Ask me how I know.

Personally, I would have kept the LSB but let this man sell his Atlantis or come to his senses and keep it (I think he'll regret selling this car). Either way, let's wish him good luck. If he is losing big money on two M3s in a row, isn't that punishment enough? Many of us are not all that mentally healthy when it comes to new car purchases (myself included), it's part of our sick addiction!
Appreciate 2
IB M2765.50
virosky82.00
      09-18-2018, 12:28 PM   #59
bringbacklsb
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kepler View Post
Wrong. It's too late. Ask me how I know.

Personally, I would have kept the LSB but let this man sell his Atlantis or come to his senses and keep it (I think he'll regret selling this car). Either way, let's wish him good luck. If he is losing big money on two M3s in a row, isn't that punishment enough? Many of us are not all that mentally healthy when it comes to new car purchases (myself included), it's part of our sick addiction!
Thanks very much for the support! When I go into my garage and see the car, I feel compelled to keep it because of how amazing it looks. That is why I couldn't keep the LSB, since from day one it bothered me that the non-metallic paint diminished the lines and curves of the car, which is something I didn't know until taking ownership. The F80 didn't look as aggressive to me in LSB as it does in Austin Yellow or Silverstone because the non-metallic paint does not reflect light the same way and therefore isn't creating the highlights and shadows that bring out the beauty of the car's design. When I saw Atlantis on this forum and learned it was metallic, that is what sold me, and then seeing it in person just verified how amazing a color it is. Maybe I will enter my garage often enough to change my mind and keep the car!
      09-18-2018, 01:16 PM   #60
Bimmed Out
There Is No Substitute
Rep
Drives: Several 911's

Quote:
Originally Posted by bringbacklsb View Post
Thanks very much for the support! When I go into my garage and see the car, I feel compelled to keep it because of how amazing it looks. That is why I couldn't keep the LSB, since from day one it bothered me that the non-metallic paint diminished the lines and curves of the car, which is something I didn't know until taking ownership. The F80 didn't look as aggressive to me in LSB as it does in Austin Yellow or Silverstone because the non-metallic paint does not reflect light the same way and therefore isn't creating the highlights and shadows that bring out the beauty of the car's design. When I saw Atlantis on this forum and learned it was metallic, that is what sold me, and then seeing it in person just verified how amazing a color it is. Maybe I will enter my garage often enough to change my mind and keep the car!
Could not disagree with you more regarding non-metallic, monochromatic paints on the M3/M4, as my most favorite ones are all non-metallic, but I do wish you luck with your decision!
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2018, 10:24 AM   #61
canukgtp
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3

Amazing colour...good luck with the sale, a shame you can't figure out a way to keep it!
2011 E90 335xi (lease up)
Appreciate 1
      09-21-2018, 03:54 PM   #62
doug_999
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2011 1M/2021 992/2023 X3

I never knew about the accent trim. WOW. I hate to say it, but a lot of money and TOTALLY worth it!
Appreciate 1
      10-08-2018, 12:39 PM   #63
bringbacklsb
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug_999 View Post
I never knew about the accent trim. WOW. I hate to say it, but a lot of money and TOTALLY worth it!
I saw the accent trim pained in body color option somewhere on this forum at a time I was trying to find a way to bring the exterior color of the car into the interior. It looks very classy and not overdone. I love it, and so have people who have seen the car in person.
      10-13-2018, 11:57 PM   #64
paliknight
fuck this field
United_States
Rep
Drives: 18 F80 CS/18 F80 ZCP/19 M2C

Still for sale?
      10-15-2018, 02:28 PM   #65
bringbacklsb
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by paliknight View Post
Still for sale?
Yes. I've had a few offers and a couple who are seriously considering it but no money has changed hands yet.
      10-19-2018, 06:34 PM   #66
cohenfive
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 e92 m3 space grey dct

That is far and away the best color combo I've ever seen on an M car...Too bad I'm in Cali, otherwise I might offer up my RS7 for this...Glws, it should get sold quickly in the $70's..
nikon d500, d810, d750, 14-24, 24-70, 80-400vr, 500vr
Appreciate 1