BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > USA - Southwest

10-23-2019, 04:50 PM   #1
MR_X
Old guy
Rep
Drives: tricycle

Moving to Austin...

Hey fellas,

I will be moving to Austin in January/Feb time frame from Virginia. I looking to see if there are any good shops in the area. I'm specifically looking to see if there is a good shop that can do a Maximum PSI hub fix.

Other than that, also looking to move to the Round Rock area depending on how good the schools are for my son. Hope to meet some of you out there.

Ric
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2019, 05:33 PM   #2
MR_X
Old guy
Rep

Just learned that Boostlogic is local and I spoke with them and was told they have done a few already. So I might go that way.
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2019, 11:15 PM   #3
TheirThere
867-5309
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 ZCP and E36 328i

Garage List
2017 BMW M3  [0.00]
you might get more feedback on the Texas M Club on FB.
Boostlogic has been around for a LONG time and they have a good rep.
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2019, 09:26 PM   #4
silverarrow
Private
Rep
Drives: R8, M4, RR HSE

One of the best school districts in central texas for sure is RRISD. You won't regret moving to that area. One of my best bud works for Boostlogic so for sure I can connect you with them
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2019, 03:28 PM   #5
MR_X
Old guy
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheirThere View Post
you might get more feedback on the Texas M Club on FB.
Boostlogic has been around for a LONG time and they have a good rep.
Yeah, I know who they are. Just didn't know they were in Austin which is nice to know.
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2019, 03:33 PM   #6
MR_X
Old guy
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverarrow View Post
One of the best school districts in central texas for sure is RRISD. You won't regret moving to that area. One of my best bud works for Boostlogic so for sure I can connect you with them
My brother lives in Austin and he just sold his RS4 to Roman there (that's how I learn that Boostlogic was in Austin). I spoke withhim already about getting the crank hub done. He also said he has done a few Max PSI kits so I know my car will be in good hands.

As for living in RR, I'm a bit concerned. The wife work, takes her to southeast Austin and she is currently visiting Austin. She said it is a bit of a drive during peak traffic hours. She hasn't tried the toll roads so we don't know if that is going to be any better.
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2019, 10:44 PM   #7
TheirThere
867-5309
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 ZCP and E36 328i

Garage List
2017 BMW M3  [0.00]
i've taken my 335i and M3 to Terry Sayther Automotive in south Austin. The guys are great with any make and model of BMW.

Last edited by TheirThere; 12-03-2019 at 10:01 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2019, 10:16 AM   #8
golfinz
Captain
Rep
Drives: Tanzanite M3

Soul Speed also does good work. They did my suspension and exhaust install.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2019, 12:17 PM   #9
MR_X
Old guy
Rep

I like Soul Speed. Good to know they are in the area.
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2019, 10:52 AM   #10
PegasusM
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 MT

Soulspeed is a great shop I have used them throughout the years and they always deliver.
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2020, 01:57 PM   #11
dantm3
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3 Xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR_X View Post
My brother lives in Austin and he just sold his RS4 to Roman there (that's how I learn that Boostlogic was in Austin). I spoke withhim already about getting the crank hub done. He also said he has done a few Max PSI kits so I know my car will be in good hands.

As for living in RR, I'm a bit concerned. The wife work, takes her to southeast Austin and she is currently visiting Austin. She said it is a bit of a drive during peak traffic hours. She hasn't tried the toll roads so we don't know if that is going to be any better.
I live in Round Rock, and my kids go to the best elementary, middle, and high school by rating in the district. Cant beat that. I do commute to south austin (south of zilker park) daily and it is absolutely brutal.... traffic even on the toll road on mopac is always bad as well. I would say to avoid the commute of possible.
Welcome to Austin though, and thank you for moving here and improving my property value.... Alot of people complain about the growth we have seen,and make comments about new people (especially Californians) clogging up the roads... I say deal with it.
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2020, 04:17 PM   #12
MR_X
Old guy
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dantm3 View Post
I live in Round Rock, and my kids go to the best elementary, middle, and high school by rating in the district. Cant beat that. I do commute to south austin (south of zilker park) daily and it is absolutely brutal.... traffic even on the toll road on mopac is always bad as well. I would say to avoid the commute of possible.
Welcome to Austin though, and thank you for moving here and improving my property value.... Alot of people complain about the growth we have seen,and make comments about new people (especially Californians) clogging up the roads... I say deal with it.
Yes indeed. Austin is growing fast. We decided to move to an apartment first off Steiner Ranch just to be in a happy middle area till we get settled then buy a house.

We chose Austin because at the time, the wife job was going to transfer her there and my brother lives there so it was a win win.
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2020, 09:54 PM   #13
PegasusM
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 MT

Quote:
Yes indeed. Austin is growing fast. We decided to move to an apartment first off Steiner Ranch just to be in a happy middle area till we get settled then buy a house.

We chose Austin because at the time, the wife job was going to transfer her there and my brother lives there so it was a win win.
Welcome to Austin! I am your local Gear Head Realtor I Have helped many car enthusiasts find a suitable home to keep their toys and family happy. I also grew up here so I can Introduce you to the car scene in Austin if you are interested. Cheers!
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2020, 09:04 PM   #14
MR_X
Old guy
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by PegasusM View Post
Welcome to Austin! I am your local Gear Head Realtor I Have helped many car enthusiasts find a suitable home to keep their toys and family happy. I also grew up here so I can Introduce you to the car scene in Austin if you are interested. Cheers!
Will keep you mind!!!!
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2020, 09:47 PM   #15
byem3ow
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M2 LBB

Quote:
Quote:

I always see a m3 parked at the recreation center at Gattis School. Is that you ?

Welcome to Austin, I'm also a transplant and have been loving the town!
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2020, 04:01 PM   #16
MR_X
Old guy
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by byem3ow View Post
I always see a m3 parked at the recreation center at Gattis School. Is that you ?

Haven't moved yet. I plan to arrive there on the 3rd of Feb
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2020, 04:02 PM   #17
MR_X
Old guy
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by PegasusM View Post
PM'd you
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2020, 07:22 PM   #18
dantm3
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3 Xdrive

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I actually just sold the yas M3 to a guy who lives in round rock area and I think he lives around there. Trying to decide what's next. Maybe an m4 or e9xm3 or?
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2020, 07:23 PM   #19
byem3ow
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M2 LBB

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I actually just sold the yas M3 to a guy who lives in round rock area and I think he lives around there. Trying to decide what's next. Maybe an m4 or e9xm3 or?
M2 comp
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2020, 02:34 PM   #20
MR_X
Old guy
Rep

Quote:
911 Carrera T, 997 Turbo or 997 GT3. That's what I'm looking at next.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2020, 10:01 AM   #21
MR_X
Old guy
Rep

Finally made it here...Actually been here for a few weeks already. Anyways, planning on taking my car to Soul Speed soon, (needs and alignment BAD!!!). Any recommendations on getting the suspensions dialed in? Currently running on Swift Springs and I have pretty bad bump steer.
Appreciate 0