Coby Wheel
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

04-30-2020, 10:51 AM   #1
CeglA
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW M4

D35A9C error after THOR flash

Hello,

I flashed THOR Dynamic Package and now I have D35A9C Signal – Qualifier error. When I try to clear it I see malfunction on dashboard. Flashed back to stock but error still exist.

Anyone had similar problem? Any solutions?

Thank you!
Chris
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2020, 11:05 AM   #2
parabmw
Major
Rep
Drives: 2018 m4

What year is your car and any other mods?
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2020, 11:37 AM   #3
CeglA
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW M4

2014 F82, Bootmod Stage1, downpipes
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2020, 08:29 PM   #4
ckendri
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 - F82

I have the exact same problem. I’m BM3 custom E85 tune, and flashed Thor yesterday. Now I get the drivetrain error. Did you find a solution? Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2020, 06:29 AM   #5
manosmiles
Rep
Drives: M4

i am also having the same error ! any idea someone?
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2020, 04:14 PM   #6
ASRman
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 competition 2018

Email Thor?
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2020, 06:03 PM   #7
ckendri
Private
Rep

Good idea.... sent email, and I'll see what they say.
      05-22-2020, 07:20 AM   #8
ckendri
Private
Rep

Well I emailed and they responded. It sounds like they are not very active on bimmerpost, but said they will post some information about the error code. Hopefully we will see something soon.
      05-25-2020, 04:35 AM   #9
manosmiles
Rep

this is what ista says:
Service Plan
Carry out the test module "System analysis: message not present".In this test module, all "Message not present" fault code entries from all control units are analysed. This makes it possible to localise the fault to a specific area (most likely fault cause).In many cases, the faults only occur sporadically. To determine the precise fault cause, additional measurements based on the results of the analysis routine need to be carried out (voltage supply, short circuit, contact problems).If it proves impossible to identify a clear and unambiguous fault cause and the fault pattern continues to appear repeatedly (repeat repairs), then it may be necessary to replace the related wiring, plug connections or the control unit.Attention:If the fault only appears sporadically (no repeat repair) and if no customer complaints concerning the problem have been received, then replacement of the related control unit is neither approved nor logical.
Note:
These faults usually appear in large numbers. If only a single fault related to a missing message has been entered and no problems related to the function of the control unit are present, then the fault can be ignored.
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2020, 04:37 AM   #10
manosmiles
Rep

i dont think that this is an error coming from Thor
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2020, 10:14 AM   #11
ckendri
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by manosmiles View Post
i dont think that this is an error coming from Thor
Hey thanks for the info! The interesting thing to me is that I did not have it until I flashed Thor, so there seems to be a correlation. I understand that is not the same as causation, and the fact that I cannot clear it with any other flash supports your theory. However, it is unclear to me how a lay person like myself would be able to diagnose this issue. Do you have any thoughts on that? I read your post and it seems like there is a bit of guess work, and if the customer doesn't complain then don't fix it?? Seems odd. I cannot tell that there is anything wrong, but having an error code is bothersome. Thanks again for any input!
      05-30-2020, 10:43 AM   #12
ckendri
Private
Rep

So does anyone have this error without the Thor flash? Just curious. Thor said they knew about it, and would posts fix. However, this seems unlikely as it has been a while now.
      05-30-2020, 12:20 PM   #13
Trevorstein
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Trabant

Sub'd.

Cheers!

Last edited by Trevorstein; 11-30-2020 at 10:28 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2020, 08:59 AM   #14
manosmiles
Rep

its more of indication than an error. i updated the icm unit and the D35A9C is gone! you should try it!
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2020, 09:27 PM   #15
ckendri
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by manosmiles View Post
its more of indication than an error. i updated the icm unit and the D35A9C is gone! you should try it!
How do you update the ICM unit?
      08-31-2020, 10:23 AM   #16
Trevorstein
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckendri View Post
Hey thanks for the info! The interesting thing to me is that I did not have it until I flashed Thor, so there seems to be a correlation. I understand that is not the same as causation, and the fact that I cannot clear it with any other flash supports your theory. However, it is unclear to me how a lay person like myself would be able to diagnose this issue. Do you have any thoughts on that? I read your post and it seems like there is a bit of guess work, and if the customer doesn't complain then don't fix it?? Seems odd. I cannot tell that there is anything wrong, but having an error code is bothersome. Thanks again for any input!
There's always the possibility that the error messages appearance could have simply coincided
with your installation of the Thor app.??

F.Y.I.: On a side note...

I received a "Chassis Malfunction" error message, after the first time I did the GTS Coding/Flash.

All error messages presented, get registered on the ECU (DME). I took it into the dealership. They
physically checked the vehicle and plugged it in. "ISTA-Diagnostics" came back with a similar
result, basically saying there was nothing wrong and if it only appeared once, don't fix it.

Now, I understand that your message may have appeared more than once but, if nothing is wrong
with the vehicle, it can easily be cleared at any dealership or by anyone (May I suggest - ….after
having been physically checked out by a reputable mechanic.) adept at using the ISTA platform.

Cheers!

Last edited by Trevorstein; 08-31-2020 at 10:32 AM..
Appreciate 1
ckendri40.50
      08-31-2020, 07:14 PM   #17
ckendri
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevorstein View Post
Quote:
There's always the possibility that the error messages appearance could have simply coincided
with your installation of the Thor app.??

F.Y.I.: On a side note...

I received a "Chassis Malfunction" error message, after the first time I did the GTS Coding/Flash.

All error messages presented, get registered on the ECU (DME). I took it into the dealership. They
physically checked the vehicle and plugged it in. "ISTA-Diagnostics" came back with a similar
result, basically saying there was nothing wrong and if it only appeared once, don't fix it.

Now, I understand that your message may have appeared more than once but, if nothing is wrong
with the vehicle, it can easily be cleared at any dealership or by anyone (May I suggest - ….after
having been physically checked out by a reputable mechanic.) adept at using the ISTA platform.

Cheers!

I agree. I think it is likely coincidental, and it may have been there before even. I just noticed afterwards, and found this post where the OP had the same "issue." I just want to clear it and move on. It seems benign. BM3 clears it, but as soon as I start the car it comes back. Would ISTA be different?
      09-01-2020, 11:28 AM   #18
Trevorstein
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
I agree. I think it is likely coincidental, and it may have been there before even. I just noticed afterwards, and found this post where the OP had the same "issue." I just want to clear it and move on. It seems benign. BM3 clears it, but as soon as I start the car it comes back. Would ISTA be different?
Go/Save back to stock and Go to your dealership. Hopefully, you've built a relationship with a trusted mechanic there.
Otherwise, do not mention "Thor".

If ISTA doesn't clear it and it keeps coming back, there is something wrong with the car but, this should not occur.
BMW has a protocol. They will plug it in first and then, do a physical inspection and if necessary, proceed with any
repair and/or replacement of parts that may be needed.

Cheers!

11-30-2020, 06:58 AM   #19
parabmw
Major
Rep
Drives: 2018 m4

What's the return policy?
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2020, 12:37 PM   #20
Jeremy Billiel
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW M3

I am confused on why you haven't contacted THOR yet? in the other thread they are clearly looking to help you.
      01-15-2021, 09:00 AM   #21
turbo v6
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i N55, 230i

1. Installed the Full Package. - setting: CS for everything except for GTS steering

No Errors

2. Installed the Full Package. - setting: GTS for everything

Error D35A9C Found

Maybe something to do with the GTS settings??
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2021, 12:23 PM   #22
Kilabyte
I'm Batman!
Poland
Rep
Drives: Mineral White M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo v6 View Post
1. Installed the Full Package. - setting: CS for everything except for GTS steering

No Errors

2. Installed the Full Package. - setting: GTS for everything

Error D35A9C Found

Maybe something to do with the GTS settings??
Nothing to do with the coding, the Thor flasher just sucks, mine failed and disabled my active diff, besides other things that I was able to fix myself. They WILL NOT help you and eventually stop responding to emails. kubax86 finally fixed the issue, contact him

Funny how just an hour ago I got an email from Paypal and I'm getting my money back. I've never had an issue with flashing or coding anything else.

S55, 2JZ, M48.00
Appreciate 0