Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Sponsor M3/M4 Project Cars Showcase

Closed Thread

03-06-2020, 04:53 PM   #111
Corsa Motorsport
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYT_Shadow View Post
I can second that, I've had fuel issues just over half a tank.

It's a ridiculous problem to have. Hopefully someone brings up a solution to this before long
This is good to know..
Appreciate 1
SYT_Shadow11462.00
      03-06-2020, 04:55 PM   #112
Corsa Motorsport
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcpatters View Post
How do you like the Advan Apex's? I have them installed on my Alfa Romeo Quad.
I actually haven't tried the Advan Apex's. I am running the Advan A052 (and the AD08R as well as the A048), and have loved all of their tires so far. As far as the A052, I believe they are the top 200tw tire currently available when it comes to peak grip.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2020, 10:02 PM   #113
Corsa Motorsport
Private
Rep

Test and tune day was a success. All the problems were alleviated. Full write up with data to come tomorrow. Here is a teaser photo for now.
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
Pic18303.50
jmg18649.50
      03-11-2020, 05:36 PM   #114
Corsa Motorsport
Private
Rep

Project Corsa Time Attack M4 Build Episode 3: Initial Buttonwillow Shakedown!

I did not mention, but along with the build thread, we also documented the entire build and will continue to as a youtube video series. Here is episode three where we completed the first phase of the car prior to the wrap and ran our first shakedown track day with a 1:52 lap at Buttonwillow Raceway! I will update the earlier episodes throughout the thread as well for those interested in watching more of the suspension/alignment/roll bar/cooling system installation process.

[u2b]
[/u2b]
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2020, 02:53 PM   #115
Corsa Motorsport
Private
Rep

Buttonwillow Test and Tune Day!

I am very happy to say that the simple changes made alleviated all of the issues. The swap back to factory BMW plugs and keeping the fuel well above 1/2 tank (thank you to those who chimed in on that matter in this thread btw!) kept the car free from limp mode/drivetrain all day despite the higher ambient temps. We pushed the car to the limit and ran it hard to the ragged edge totaling about 40 laps throughout the day. We data logged every single lap with the help of Amir, from RS Future who I had partnered up with as far as data and set up coaching goes. The data showed that the CSF components held up to the test showing healthy coolant temps throughout the constant abuse. Big thank you to them for their support as well as SSR Performance. The stock S55 plastic charge pipes are known for cracking and causing a boost leak. We upgraded to the SSR Performance charge pipes and experienced zero issues throughout the entire day as well. Our AIM Solo 2 DL was able to log just about all the information we needed through the OBD2 port with the exception of IATs. To get complete information, we will be tapping directly into CAN for the next time out. The information received from the data was invaluable. We saw where time improvement could be gained from simple changes in driving style, as well as other areas where we saw improvement in suspension tuning. The combination of driving style adjustment as well as adjusting front low speed compression about 2 clicks softer netted about 1.5-2 sec gain over our baseline. We ran 1:53 laps consistently all day which I am happy considering higher ambient temps, and tires that were completely toast. Most importantly, the car ran 100% issue free and fingers crossed that it will remain that way. The next step for the car as far as setup change will be adjustment to larger front aero. We will be doing a 5" chassis mounted splitter with the addition of splitter diffusers, splitter end plates, along with a tire spat to maximize front downforce to maintain higher mid corner speeds throughout the high speed sections and sweepers. We are just scraping the surface when it comes to setting the car so I am excited to show how far we can push this chassis on 100% stock power with some adjustments to aero and suspension setup.

Name:  Corsa M4 data.jpg
Views: 2025
Size:  701.1 KB

Name:  DSC07994.jpg
Views: 1890
Size:  321.5 KB

Name:  DSC07996.jpg
Views: 1892
Size:  273.6 KB

Name:  DSC07958.jpg
Views: 1867
Size:  319.6 KB

Name:  DSC07966.jpg
Views: 1886
Size:  290.7 KB

Name:  DSC07989.jpg
Views: 1903
Size:  334.2 KB

Name:  DSC08001.jpg
Views: 1878
Size:  446.9 KB

Name:  DSC08004.jpg
Views: 1829
Size:  316.6 KB

Name:  DSC08011.jpg
Views: 1836
Size:  243.8 KB

Name:  Corsa M4 data.jpg
Views: 2025
Size:  701.1 KB

Enjoy a couple more photos of the cars we had the pleasure of sharing the track with. We brought out the Art of Attack Supra to run as well. However the Supra was experiencing issues with not being able to turn off traction control/vsc, but that's another story for a different day. Enjoy!

Name:  DSC07951.jpg
Views: 1882
Size:  457.2 KB

Name:  DSC07941.jpg
Views: 1864
Size:  521.7 KB

Name:  DSC07973.jpg
Views: 1850
Size:  378.4 KB

Name:  DSC07979.jpg
Views: 1851
Size:  211.4 KB

Name:  DSC07929.jpg
Views: 1827
Size:  472.8 KB

Name:  DSC07984.jpg
Views: 1953
Size:  177.8 KB
Appreciate 3
Lienrocs701.00
jmg18649.50
David0ff1056.00
      03-13-2020, 01:27 PM   #116
Lienrocs
Captain
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, M4 GTS, HP4

Interested to see the coolant temperature differences between the stock charge cooler and the CSF set up. Were peak temps cooler or did the CSF products just resist heat soak better? Very curious to see the data you collected on this, I'm pending upgrading the cooling on this build.
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2020, 01:29 PM   #117
Corsa Motorsport
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lienrocs View Post
Interested to see the coolant temperature differences between the stock charge cooler and the CSF set up. Were peak temps cooler or did the CSF products just resist heat soak better? Very curious to see the data you collected on this, I'm pending upgrading the cooling on this build.
Hard to say as I don't have data logged with the OE cooling system. However the CSF held up very well with the heatsoak and constant 30-40 laps, never exceeded 199*
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2020, 01:36 PM   #118
Lienrocs
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsa Motorsport View Post
Hard to say as I don't have data logged with the OE cooling system. However the CSF held up very well with the heatsoak and constant 30-40 laps, never exceeded 199*
Thats impressive. What were the ambient temps? Did you monitor inlet temps as well?

Are you using the CSF heat exchanger and intercooler or just one or the other?
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2020, 01:40 PM   #119
Corsa Motorsport
Private
Rep

Quote:
Thats impressive. What were the ambient temps? Did you monitor inlet temps as well?

Ambient temps were around ~70-75*F. I am running the CSF heat exchanger, intercooler, and DCT cooler. Unfortunately I wasn't able to pull inlet temps with my AIM Solo DL 2 through the OBD2 port. So I will wire directly into CAN to be able to acquire all data.
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2020, 01:42 PM   #120
Lienrocs
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Ambient temps were around ~70-75*F. I am running the CSF heat exchanger, intercooler, and DCT cooler. Unfortunately I wasn't able to pull inlet temps with my AIM Solo DL 2 through the OBD2 port. So I will wire directly into CAN to be able to acquire all data.
Good to hear. I'm assuming the dct cooler doesn't have any before and after data either vs stock.

Any fitment issues with anything? Looking into doing all three of those as well just to bullet proof the car a little more.
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2020, 01:49 PM   #121
Corsa Motorsport
Private
Rep

Quote:
Good to hear. I'm assuming the dct cooler doesn't have any before and after data either vs stock.

Any fitment issues with anything? Looking into doing all three of those as well just to bullet proof the car a little more.

Unfortunately no data either, as I recently bought my new data logger. We are direct dealer with CSF, if you need anything feel free to send me a PM.
Appreciate 1
Lienrocs701.00
      03-13-2020, 10:25 PM   #122
Alexander13.
Private
Rep
Drives: F80 ZCP Ind.

Very cool indeed. Experiencing the serious power cut with only half a tank.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2020, 06:27 PM   #123
git-r
Rep
Drives: ‘14 YMB M4

Quote:

I am very happy to say that the simple changes made alleviated all of the issues. The258293[/ATTACH]

Attachment 2258294
Pleased to hear the fuel surge may have solved your issue and that you had a good day.

Temp wise, water and oil is fine with stock cooling even with a stage 1 map, the uprated charge pipes aren’t necessary either esp if only running stock boost.

Your intake temps are what you need to look at when running more than stock boost but if you’re keeping it standard I’d expect these to be fine too.
Unfortunately, I never logged these but know they’re an issue when running BM3 stg1.

If anything, the uprated charge cooler could be a disadvantage if keeping stock boost as you’ll have more lag and possibly larger pressure drop, although the sales pitch does quote some gains v stock.

I’m a big fan of the Aim stuff but don’t always trust it, they’re not always accurate compared to proper timing systems at race tracks.

Keep up the good work with the blog 👍
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2020, 06:29 PM   #124
git-r
Rep
Drives: ‘14 YMB M4

Quote:
The stock cooling system runs about the same temp.

Did you do 30-40 laps in one go?
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2020, 07:29 PM   #125
Corsa Motorsport
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by git-r View Post
Quote:
The stock cooling system runs about the same temp.

Did you do 30-40 laps in one go?
Quote:
Originally Posted by git-r View Post
Quote:

I am very happy to say that the simple changes made alleviated all of the issues. The258293[/ATTACH]

Attachment 2258294
Pleased to hear the fuel surge may have solved your issue and that you had a good day.

Temp wise, water and oil is fine with stock cooling even with a stage 1 map, the uprated charge pipes aren't necessary either esp if only running stock boost.

Your intake temps are what you need to look at when running more than stock boost but if you're keeping it standard I'd expect these to be fine too.
Unfortunately, I never logged these but know they're an issue when running BM3 stg1.

If anything, the uprated charge cooler could be a disadvantage if keeping stock boost as you'll have more lag and possibly larger pressure drop, although the sales pitch does quote some gains v stock.

I'm a big fan of the Aim stuff but don't always trust it, they're not always accurate compared to proper timing systems at race tracks.

Keep up the good work with the blog 👍

Thank you, the aim as far as lap time goes is typically within a few hundreds or a tenth off from the official transponder times. Although they are very valuable see real time sector times and predictive lap time to know where
To keep pushing or save the car and tire for a flyer lap. I had originally intended to upgrade downpipe, tune, possibly turbos down the road so I'll keep the CSF installed should that happen sooner or later.
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2020, 03:14 PM   #126
audioMeth
BTC maxi
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80

6 pages and no one asked about those beautiful shop lights!
Appreciate 2
Closed Thread