Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > DIY and Coding Discussions

02-15-2020, 11:19 PM   #463
M-Pilot
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 981 Cayman GTS

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewc89 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by cntzl View Post
On a side note, I recently replaced my M4 ZCP with an M2 Competition. MDM on M2C is so much better. In fact, it's better than any MDM or DSC setting I coded on my M4 (e.g. euro MDM, GTS DSC, CS DSC etc). It never flashes or intervenes on straight line acceleration or even during hard cornering. It also allows little bit of powersliding. I can't imagine how the MDM is on EU spec M2C. Finally I can say I'm not disappointed with the MDM anymore.
Have you tried GTS MDM on your M2C? I'm curious how it compares.
No never felt the need to code any different MDM on the M2C. I know it's hard to believe but it's that good especially coming from an M4 for which I tried any possible MDM option (Euro, GTS, Euro GTS, CS etc.). Also, I only used the MDM during the first couple months of ownership while I was getting to know the car. After that, it was pretty much DSC Off exclusively.
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2020, 11:47 PM   #464
Kankles
Rear Admiral
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Bavarian Milk Wagon

Garage List
2019 BMW M2C  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by M-Pilot View Post
Quote:
Quote:
On a side note, I recently replaced my M4 ZCP with an M2 Competition. MDM on M2C is so much better. In fact, it's better than any MDM or DSC setting I coded on my M4 (e.g. euro MDM, GTS DSC, CS DSC etc). It never flashes or intervenes on straight line acceleration or even during hard cornering. It also allows little bit of powersliding. I can't imagine how the MDM is on EU spec M2C. Finally I can say I'm not disappointed with the MDM anymore.
No never felt the need to code any different MDM on the M2C. I know it's hard to believe but it's that good especially coming from an M4 for which I tried any possible MDM option (Euro, GTS, Euro GTS, CS etc.). Also, I only used the MDM during the first couple months of ownership while I was getting to know the car. After that, it was pretty much DSC Off exclusively.
Do you know which values on the M2c under the DSC module would be changes to update the MDM to GTS? I have looked for the C_variante_.. under DSC and it's not showing. I've always read elsewhere that the M2c is different for the MDM variant.

Appreciate any info!
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2020, 08:53 AM   #465
Kankles
Rear Admiral
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Bavarian Milk Wagon

Garage List
2019 BMW M2C  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kankles View Post
Do you know which values on the M2c under the DSC module would be changes to update the MDM to GTS? I have looked for the C_variante_.. under DSC and it's not showing. I've always read elsewhere that the M2c is different for the MDM variant.

Appreciate any info!
Nevermind, found it, cheers
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-20-2020, 01:47 PM   #466
mcvaughan
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F87 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by M-Pilot View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Agree with this, also coming from an M4. Had the Euro GTS on it and I find the US DSC much less to intervene on my M2C.
      02-11-2021, 01:43 PM   #467
biggripper
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2024 G80 M3 Comp xDrive

Bimmercode

Just wondering if anyone could point me to the module in Bimmercode that I can use to code in Euro MDM
FORMER ///F87 M2C | Sunset Orange/Orange | 6MT | Black 788M Wheels
FORMER ///F82 M4 | SSII | Full SO | 6MT | Black 437M Wheels
Appreciate 0